Parker Solar Probe. Up, Up, and Away.

Closed Thread
Old 08-12-2018, 02:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts
Thumbs up Parker Solar Probe. Up, Up, and Away.

NASA Sun & Space (@NASASun) on Twitter

That was very beautiful as it sped to the outer earth atmosphere at quite a fast speed.

Congrats, ULA.

Worth getting up.
Old 08-12-2018, 03:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
NASA Sun & Space (@NASASun) on Twitter

That was very beautiful as it sped to the outer earth atmosphere at quite a fast speed.

Congrats, ULA.

Worth getting up.
Wondered if you were up watching it. I was awake but didn't remember that it was re-scheduled for tonight. Just saw it on my news feed that I missed it. Glad you didn't!
Old 08-12-2018, 10:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
Wondered if you were up watching it. I was awake but didn't remember that it was re-scheduled for tonight. Just saw it on my news feed that I missed it. Glad you didn't!
Some of these launches especially space shuttle sized ones are quite spectacular. I still have not been to a space launch even though we have lived in Florida since 1996. And my old girlfriend Jennifer's best friend Sandy used to work at NASA when I knew her around 1989-1990. Jennifer was my student in Legal Assistance to MN Prisoners and had met Sandy at the U of WI, Eau Claire. Sandy was a farm girl and Jenny was/is a girl from a suburb of Milwaukee who lived a few miles from me when I was in Elementary School. She is the daughter of a developer of missile guidance systems and a theater actress. Quite a distance for Sandy from farm girl to NASA but she was a computer programming goddess according to Jenny.

Sandy is no longer with NASA but still lives around Cape Canaveral.
Closed Thread

Tags
atmosphere, earth, fast, outer, speed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.