A patriotic new song

Closed Thread
Old 05-26-2020, 02:49 PM
Default A patriotic new song

My friend Bill Reese is a Korean war veteran, he lives in Fort Myers Beach, FL
A patriotic song theme came to him in a dream so he wrote the lyrics.
He asked me to provide a melody and record the song.
If you go to the google main page, and type into the search box:
Robert James A Bill Reese Patriotic song
You tube will display a beautiful picture and you will hear Bill's song.
Stay well,
Robert James.
Old 05-26-2020, 04:49 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,022 Times in 454 Posts

Here is the link to YouTube.

Robert James and Bill Reese's patriotic song
Old 05-26-2020, 05:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecuadog View Post
Thank you both for bringing this song to us! He sounds a bit like Johnny Cash don'tcha think?
Old 05-26-2020, 06:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

I like the song - more than like the song. However I don't understand why many patriotic songs lean towards defending our country apparently against an enemy. I respect those that have done that for me. However there is another side of why we give that respect that seems to be getting a little lost in the background. My vote for the national anthem is America The Beautiful (Ray Charles might agree with me). Listen to all verses and it describes many attributes of our beautiful nation including defending her. But for some reason many have migrated to patriotism as an act of defense. I am a snowbird. I take a week to travel 1400 miles. Why - because this is a beautiful country full scenery beyond imagination and full of beautiful people if you take the time to get off the interstate. Take a few minutes and listen and digest - awesome
America the Beautiful. Ray Charles. (1972) - YouTube

Last edited by rustyp; 05-26-2020 at 06:40 PM.
Old 05-26-2020, 09:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
I like the song - more than like the song. However I don't understand why many patriotic songs lean towards defending our country apparently against an enemy. I respect those that have done that for me. However there is another side of why we give that respect that seems to be getting a little lost in the background. My vote for the national anthem is America The Beautiful (Ray Charles might agree with me). Listen to all verses and it describes many attributes of our beautiful nation including defending her. But for some reason many have migrated to patriotism as an act of defense. I am a snowbird. I take a week to travel 1400 miles. Why - because this is a beautiful country full scenery beyond imagination and full of beautiful people if you take the time to get off the interstate. Take a few minutes and listen and digest - awesome
Well said and I feel...the exact same way.

The truth of the matter is, WWII was the last time our country as a whole and it's "way of life"...were ever truly actually threatened.

Taking the time to see, admire and appreciate the beauty, variety and quantity of our natural resources, which is really at the heart of our success as a nation...is truly worth it.

BTW - very nice song.
Old 05-27-2020, 07:12 AM

One of the main reasons I agreed to sing and record Bill's song is because it references many aspects of why we should be respectful and thankful. First responders (especially New York 911), our jealously protected freedom of speech, our option to rise from nothing to President of the United States (regardless of color, race, or background), and our freedom to worship as we see fit.
However, it is (to me) important to remember that without the sacrifice of those who served in pursuit of those things, they may not exist today.
Glad (especially for Bill Reese) you like the song.

Last edited by Robert James; 05-28-2020 at 01:03 PM. Reason: spelling corrections
Old 05-27-2020, 09:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
I’m with you America the beautiful is the best one
Old 05-28-2020, 06:36 AM
theruizs

Nice song, thanks. Maybe it’s my age but I too have thought a lot lately about why we have to be so involved in “defensive” actions. Most religions believe in and even pray for some form of God’s kingdom on Earth, yet it seems we have little faith that He can actually establish one without us warring against each other. I wonder what the situation would be today if when threatened we all just prayed and left things in the Creator’s hands. I know many will say we’d be speaking German (Or Japanese, Russian, Chinese, etc.), but lately I do wonder. Not to take anything away from those who have sacrificed so much for us for what they believe was right, but if we could just keep our kids with us I would prefer it.
Old 05-28-2020, 06:52 AM
Veteran member

Well said and I feel...the exact same way.

The truth of the matter is, WWII was the last time our country as a whole and it's "way of life"...were ever truly actually threatened.

NOW.
Old 05-28-2020, 10:01 AM

I listened and I could hear his ‘Love for our Country ‘ and what it stands for .
Thank you for sharing this
Old 05-29-2020, 02:35 PM

Thank you for the song and for your service. If it wasn't for our defense branches, all the beautiful sites in America and our freedom to travel and see them, wouldn't be possible.
Closed Thread

Tags
song, patriotic, robert, james, reese

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.