Pay Pal

Closed Thread
Old 01-23-2015, 02:18 PM
Veteran member
Default Pay Pal

So the new for sale section of totv using pay pal someone is making money off it with pay pal. Never used it before but now that explains why the panjo thing or what ever you call it. Put your phone numbers in folks to much of a pain to try and buy something other wise. Everything boils down to money. But then I guess that sthe way it is
Old 01-23-2015, 03:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Pay Pal is the preferred method of payment on Ebay. Smart phones have Pay Pal apps. I wasn't crazy about it at first, but it doesn't cost the buyer anything.
Old 01-23-2015, 03:17 PM

.?
PayPal is a very reasonable service and it protects you so that your credit card info is not out there.
Also, one time I purchased something online and I clicked on the form to pay and it did nothing, so I clicked again but this time used PayPal and guess what..I was charged twice and told no refunds. I contacted the credit card company and was told sorry, too bad...I called Pay Pal and they said...oh yeah...we will get it back and did immediately.
Panjo uses PayPal and it is really cheap for the sellers to use....I say it is good for everyone.

Last edited by gap2415; 01-23-2015 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Clearer
Old 01-23-2015, 03:27 PM

It is voluntary. One does not have to use it and in The Villages I don't, but when dealing with distant sellers or buyers, it protects both of us from fraud, cheap protection for ten percent.
Old 01-23-2015, 03:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Love PayPal, use it all the time when I can. Safest payment around.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 01-23-2015, 03:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
I cancelled my PayPal account after PayPal removed money from my checking account 3 times without permission or having purchased anything.
Old 01-23-2015, 03:39 PM
Sage
Default Pay Pal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
I cancelled my PayPal account after PayPal removed money from my checking account 3 times without permission or having purchased anything.
Wow. I use PayPal a lot and am very happy with it. But they do not have access to my checking account...only one credit card.
Old 01-23-2015, 03:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,351 Times in 2,390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgind View Post
So the new for sale section of totv using pay pal someone is making money off it with pay pal. Never used it before but now that explains why the panjo thing or what ever you call it. Put your phone numbers in folks to much of a pain to try and buy something other wise. Everything boils down to money. But then I guess that sthe way it is
As a buyer did you use PayPal? The only ones making money off PayPal is PayPal. You can look up their rates on their site and will be charged when you are a seller. Ues it all the time when selling on EBay.
Old 01-23-2015, 04:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
I used to have a business on Ebay and only took PayPal, I bought and sold. I set up a bank account with just a a couple of thousand dollars specifically to use PayPal and that is all they can touch, nothing else. They do not have access to our real bank accounts.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 01-23-2015, 04:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Use PayPal whenever available but also have it going to a credit card, no access to any personal accounts. I suspect Apple Pay will become a strong competitor at some point.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 01-23-2015, 05:19 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post

:: this
Old 01-23-2015, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Nonsense!
Old 01-23-2015, 08:43 PM
Sage
Default Pay Pal

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguyintv View Post
Nonsense!

Sorry you are wrong! I had to get Citizens' First Bank involved to resolve it. The support staff at PayPal was worthless. And the amount of money was not insignificant.

Perhaps you should ask a question in the future rather than make an inappropriate comment. Or maybe just don't comment about something of which you have no knowledge.

Last edited by dbussone; 01-23-2015 at 09:55 PM.
Old 01-24-2015, 01:57 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default And the Rest of the Story???

Quote:
Your post sounds like half a story. I have been using PayPal since its inception. It is owned by eBay. Although I've never had an issue paying with any of my credit cards, Paypal is probably the safest way you can pay for anything.

If money was removed from your checking account three times witout permission, I will tell you it wasn't PayPal that did it. You were scammed!
Old 01-24-2015, 07:44 AM

I use it all the time. I have never had any problem with service.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.