People Haven’t Learned

Closed Thread
Old 11-25-2020, 03:51 PM
Default People Haven’t Learned

This afternoon, I was at Publix near Rohan. As I was checking out a mother, a boy about 12 and a younger girl were at the next register. None were wearing masks. The boy was coughing uncontrollably without covering his mouth. The mother looked at me and said that he wasn’t sick and that it was allergies. I mentioned he should be wearing a mask. As she stalked off, she rudely told me that since I was wearing one, I was protected. The poor cashier looked at me and said, “It’s no wonder the virus is spreading.” Some people have been living under a rock.
Old 11-25-2020, 04:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,715 Times in 5,244 Posts

Publix has a policy to require customers to wear a mask.

But, they also have a policy to not allow anyone to enforce their mask policy.
Old 11-25-2020, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Publix has a policy to require customers to wear a mask.

But, they also have a policy to not allow anyone to enforce their mask policy.

Any business that does not enforce that policy will not see me as a customer.

My hope is that beginning in January we will all start taking this thing seriously and work towards eliminating this dangerous virus both for ourselves and all those around us.
Old 11-25-2020, 04:40 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarra View Post

My hope is that beginning in January we will all start taking this thing seriously and work towards eliminating this dangerous virus both for ourselves and all those around us.
I’m sure everything will be “fixed” in January.
Old 11-25-2020, 06:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,931 Times in 2,454 Posts

Luckily she didn’t tell her husband when she got to parking lot if she had one? Who’s knows what would/could happen. IMO it’s best to keep opinions to yourself when confronting strangers. Never know when you going to run into lunatic? Kids nowadays are hard to control, I doubt masks would stay on long with most?
Old 11-25-2020, 06:57 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Quote:

very subtle - nice try.

In 2021 - just remember ONE THING. The current Administration's "OPERATION WARP SPEED" affected these 3 vaccines (and perhaps more) to be developed and fast-tracked and manufactured and delivered to facilities in RECORD time. Check the historical facts to see how long it took for other pandemic et al vaccines to be developed. He unleashed the full power of Private medical industry and Fed gvt agencies working together, while breaking down barriors of old political and regulatorial hurdles.

So, let's gice credit where due. No doubt the Media and politics will NOT allow this credit to go to anyone they do not support. period.

When we all get our vaccine - just think about how this miracle sped its course into YOUR system, and hopefully protect YOU and YOURS from COVID-19.
Old 11-25-2020, 07:07 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

Quote:

Old 11-25-2020, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post

very subtle - nice try.

In 2021 - just remember ONE THING. The current Administration's "OPERATION WARP SPEED" affected these 3 vaccines (and perhaps more) to be developed and fast-tracked and manufactured and delivered to facilities in RECORD time. Check the historical facts to see how long it took for other pandemic et al vaccines to be developed. He unleashed the full power of Private medical industry and Fed gvt agencies working together, while breaking down barriors of old political and regulatorial hurdles.

So, let's gice credit where due. No doubt the Media and politics will NOT allow this credit to go to anyone they do not support. period.

When we all get our vaccine - just think about how this miracle sped its course into YOUR system, and hopefully protect YOU and YOURS from COVID-19.

Credit where credit is due - we've lost 260,000+ lives and it didn't need to be that way.

My hope is that we will all learn a lesson from this for the next pandemic which may well happen again in our lifetime judging by the last 10 years or so.
Old 11-26-2020, 05:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:

Oh, but haven't you heard the virus is a "hoax". NOT!!!!!
Old 11-26-2020, 05:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post

very subtle - nice try.

I agree that "Operation Warp Speed" is attributed to our current administration and I do thank our president for that. I can only imagine how much of a better situation we Americans would all be in if only he had promoted universal masking and social distancing.
Old 11-26-2020, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyephan View Post
This afternoon, I was at Publix near Rohan. As I was checking out a mother, a boy about 12 and a younger girl were at the next register. None were wearing masks. The boy was coughing uncontrollably without covering his mouth. The mother looked at me and said that he wasn’t sick and that it was allergies. I mentioned he should be wearing a mask. As she stalked off, she rudely told me that since I was wearing one, I was protected. The poor cashier looked at me and said, “It’s no wonder the virus is spreading.” Some people have been living under a rock.
Really, could we stop beating this dead horse...everyday, some mask story....
Old 11-26-2020, 06:03 AM
Veteran member

Please. We were in a pandemic months ago, and still are, and are still fighting wearing a mask, and social distancing, what could have been done then as now? We have experience with us, and still we go our own way thinking it won't happen to me. Stop blaming the current administration, who has brought pharmaceutical companies working together for the common good and fast tracked a vaccine in months and not years and you still blame him. Amazing, look in the mirror for someone to blame.
Old 11-26-2020, 06:20 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyephan View Post
Poor choice to confront a parent about their children, lol
Old 11-26-2020, 06:41 AM

I can't believe the number of people that expect and insist that the Federal Government have more power to control our lives. (Masking etc).

What the -&_$ is wrong with you?
Old 11-26-2020, 06:47 AM

People keep posting numbers - saying we lost “260000 lives and it didn’t need to be that way” (you must be talking about NY and PA sending COVID positive folks back to the nursing homes resulting in thousands of deaths.)
Closed Thread

Tags
wearing, people, boy, looked, mother

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.