The perfect storm brewing in The Middle East???

Closed Thread
Old 01-22-2015, 09:11 PM
Veteran member
Default The perfect storm brewing in The Middle East???

Yemen, hailed as a success story just four months ago has had its government collapse. This is also the country where we send most Gtmo prisoners as we leave them out and noted as the center of most Al Queda activity

Saudi Arabia...our closest ally and deadly enemy of Iran has had their king die.

And then, and all of this within 48 hours......

"Iran has built a 27-meter-long missile, capable of delivering a warhead “far beyond Europe,” and placed it on a launch pad at a site close to Tehran, an Israeli television report said Wednesday, showing what it said were the first satellite images of the missile ever seen in the West

It stressed that the missile could be used to launch spacecraft or satellites, but also to carry warheads

Read more: Israeli TV shows 'Iranian missile' that 'can reach far beyond Europe' | The Times of Israel Israeli TV shows 'Iranian missile' that 'can reach far beyond Europe' | The Times of Israel
Follow us: @timesofisrael on Twitter | timesofisrael on Facebook

I realize that folks on here do not want to hear this and feel it is "crying wolf" but I stand on the other end where I think we need to stay advised and know what is happening.

Last edited by Moderator; 01-23-2015 at 07:00 PM.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags123 View Post
Yemen, hailed as a success story just four months ago has had its government collapse. This is also the country where we send most Gtmo prisoners as we leave them out and noted as the center of most Al Queda activity

Saudi Arabia...our closest ally and deadly enemy of Iran has had their king die.

And then, and all of this within 48 hours......

"Iran has built a 27-meter-long missile, capable of delivering a warhead “far beyond Europe,” and placed it on a launch pad at a site close to Tehran, an Israeli television report said Wednesday, showing what it said were the first satellite images of the missile ever seen in the West

It stressed that the missile could be used to launch spacecraft or satellites, but also to carry warheads

Read more: Israeli TV shows 'Iranian missile' that 'can reach far beyond Europe' | The Times of Israel Israeli TV shows 'Iranian missile' that 'can reach far beyond Europe' | The Times of Israel
Follow us: @timesofisrael on Twitter | timesofisrael on Facebook

I realize that folks on here do not want to hear this and feel it is "crying wolf" but I stand on the other end where I think we need to stay advised and know what is happening.
And I'll stand with you. Thank you for this post. Just watched former ambassador John Bolton speak on these topics.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:28 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
And I'll stand with you. Thank you for this post. Just watched former ambassador John Bolton speak on these topics.
Thanks...folks on here tend to close their eyes to the entire world unless it serves some purpose in their p view.

It is vital that we be aware....if we, as americans are to stand together at all, we better get educated on what is going on in the world.

We have embassy folks in Yemen who are trying to get out...prays with them.

And remember, just FOUR MONTHS ago, this country..Yemen... was held up an example of our success fIghting ISIL.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:58 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Am with ya Rags and am watching the developments on television as well as web sites. I always get the impression that some folks think we live in a bubble and others think it's an iron dome. More prayers for those who have to get out of the country and for those who must remain there.

Old 01-22-2015, 10:33 PM
Sage

ha eretz
I wonder if the US had any part in this...UN meeting on Antisemitism....
Old 01-23-2015, 06:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

IMO The prefect storm been brewing for 7 years now! We are just now seeing the results here and around the world! The crying wolf eyes have been dry for some time now!
Old 01-23-2015, 08:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

All of these things, getting worse in the last 48 hours scares the hell out of me.

It is like a gigantic monster emerging from everywhere, and we can't even decide what it's name is.
Old 01-23-2015, 10:06 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
Am with ya Rags and am watching the developments on television as well as web sites. I always get the impression that some folks think we live in a bubble and others think it's an iron dome. More prayers for those who have to get out of the country and for those who must remain there.
It is a bit troubling that here we will freely discuss, and at times mock, another's personal religious beliefs, and ignore what is happening in front of us.

The shattering and instability of the Middle East that just appears to get worse, may not be "in your face" at present, but it will be. The longer we pretend it is not something we need to address, the longer it will take for stability to be achieved.

That stability, or lack thereof, DOES affect us, our internal goals, our economy, and while we call ourselves open and sophisticated as in our very open borders (in some locales) we ignore what is happening in the ME as if it will never affect us.

Those who say it is not our business, and we should be uninvolved are right...IN AN IDEAL WORLD, which we all know we do not live in.

Watching what we call a success story in our struggle against terror...YEMEN....in just 4 Months crumble ..is a bit disconcerting. If our ideal story is falling apart, what then in places we cannot call successes ?
Old 01-23-2015, 10:41 AM
Sage

And remember, just FOUR MONTHS ago, this country..Yemen... was held up an example of our success fIghting ISIL"

By who our current Administration! Which IMO has only made it worse. The Arab spring is not or buddy.

Yemen has and always will be threat to modern ways meaning 18 century and on.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:09 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
And remember, just FOUR MONTHS ago, this country..Yemen... was held up an example of our success fIghting ISIL"

By who our current Administration! Which IMO has only made it worse. The Arab spring is not or buddy.

Yemen has and always will be threat to modern ways meaning 18 century and on.
I am not trying to make this P in anyway.....if there is a problem it will be a problem for both R and D. I just hope we can have open discussion, both on here and especially in our nations capital. Pretending it does not exist does not solve any problems.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:13 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
IMO The prefect storm been brewing for 7 years now! We are just now seeing the results here and around the world! The crying wolf eyes have been dry for some time now!
Been brewing a LOT longer than that. But that probably wouldn't fit your political agenda.
Suffering from TV envy
Old 01-23-2015, 12:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayakerNC View Post
Been brewing a LOT longer than that. But that probably wouldn't fit your political agenda.
So I guess you think it's getting better!
Old 01-23-2015, 12:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
So I guess you think it's getting better!
I think he means that Radical Islam has been around quite awhile.

It has been the premise for wars and controversy for centuries.

A lot of people are concerned. We are just having a problem with knowing what should be done.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:54 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I think he means that Radical Islam has been around quite awhile.

It has been the premise for wars and controversy for centuries.

A lot of people are concerned. We are just having a problem with knowing what should be done.
Yes, people are concerned and rightfully so.

However, it is not a time for looking back but looking forward as to doing what should be done.

Some choices are: US soldiers sent to Yemen in a combat role to take out the ISIS; withdraw completely from that area and let them fight it out; continue drone strikes against ISIS targets; work with countries in the area for solutions (and rewarding the ones who work with USA and sanctioning those who do not).

Anymore choices?
Old 01-23-2015, 12:58 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayakerNC View Post
I was serious about this not being P, however the fact is that Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP), considered the worst of the terrorists groups was formed in 2009, which is well within that 7 year framework and was formed while we gave them money.

BUT.....it still is a problem for the USA and not the R or the D and my hope and prayer is that people stop playing this game. As long as every item is viewed through a P prism we are solving nothing.

Does not matter under whose watch it happened as long as we recognize it exists and deal with it. We just do not seem to be able to do that, do we ?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.