Pet Peeve - Logging Off

Closed Thread
Old 11-24-2022, 11:26 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
You are correct! To add to the rant, I hate it when you click play on a YouTube video and an advertisement comes up with a button that says click here to skip the add, but you click the button multiple times and the the add won’t go away until it’s over, making you wait to watch the video. Also, I hate it when you click a link to go to a web page and then when you want to go back to the original page that contained the link you hit the back button on the web browser but it won’t go back and instead redirects you to some advertisement you don’t want to see.
Agreed, how about when you want to unsubscribe to an email and the ask are you sure.
Old 11-25-2022, 07:52 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I have been on several websites where there is a selection that says "log off". This includes financial websites. But, when you click on the log off icon, apparently, it doesn't log you off. Rather, it takes you to another website that asks you, "are you sure you want to log off?" To me, this is a security issue. I thought I logged off, but I didn't. Hogwash. If you have an icon to log off, then it should log you off. Period. Am I correct? End of rant.
It's not taking you to another site, it's just a pop up warning to ensure you're not in the middle of something and accidently hit the log off button. It's still under the same site security certificate.
Old 11-25-2022, 09:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,076 Times in 2,743 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodneysblue View Post
Agreed, how about when you want to unsubscribe to an email and the ask are you sure.
Or when they ask you to input your email. You just clicked unsubscribe on the friggen email they sent you that you didn’t want.
Closed Thread

Tags
log, websites, icon, security, issue

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.