Pet Peeves

Closed Thread
Old 07-11-2015, 02:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I think the majority of older men here in The Villages ARE cute and sweet.
And there are lots of couples that have been married a long, long time and are still in love!
The Villages seems to bring out the romance in couples. I see many wrinklies holding hands and hugging.
It's a wonderful thing!
Old 07-11-2015, 02:54 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Playing checkout line roulette is fun! I also size up the cashier before I throw in with a certain line. Walk past each cashier and watch for awhile, it makes a difference who checks you out.
The cashier is a huge factor! I avoid one guy at Publix in Southern Trace who would rather chat than ring. A line with a bag boy will also move nearly twice as fast. Although sometimes the bag boy leaves, the register runs out of tape, or the one person in front of you will have Complicated Checkout Issues.

Because of all the variables, I only win this game about half the time.

Quote:
Taking a call from a potential customer when I, a real customer, am standing right in front of you with a real purchase and real money.
Yes, but ... standing there listening to the phone ring makes me feel stabby, too! I'll usually buckle and tell the person it's fine if they need to answer that.

[Now I'm going to have to try to look up some meaning of b-a-g-g-e-r that I'm unaware of, because the software here blanked it out and I had to change to bag boy.]
Old 07-11-2015, 04:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by queasy27 View Post
[Now I'm going to have to try to look up some meaning of b-a-g-g-e-r that I'm unaware of, because the software here blanked it out and I had to change to bag boy.]
PC police alert: Bag PERSON
Old 07-11-2015, 04:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I'm glad we agree on something!

Y'all Ain't right. Both Y'all, but are pleasantly so.
Old 07-11-2015, 05:32 PM

I am sure older men do not want to be considered "cute" and "sweet".
Old 07-11-2015, 05:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Y'all Ain't right. Both Y'all, but are pleasantly so.
I have a pet peeve about that. I don't understand it!
Old 07-11-2015, 05:47 PM
Sage
Default Pet Peeves

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I'm glad we agree on something!

Ouch Y'all.
Old 07-11-2015, 05:49 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen R View Post
The first syllable of Buena does not necessarily rhyme with sway. The pronunciation by Spain citizens is B-oo-ay-n-a. Each letter is pronounced.

sorry...tried to post pronunciation from youtube...it posted "belsen"...

Last edited by Lovey2; 07-11-2015 at 05:52 PM. Reason: change text
Old 07-11-2015, 06:15 PM

My pet peeve is having the Poodle Skirt considered "the" costume of the fifties. It was not. It was produced in 1956/57 so those are the years the skirt would have been the fad and I personally guarantee you it wasn't. High school...and I'm talking about high school- girls wore skirts, twin set sweaters, full skirts, etc. Shirtwaist dresses. I have never seen a high school girl pictured in a yearbook from that fifties era wearing a poodle skirt. Sorry. it's a costume and a few elementary children might have worn them and later they were worn as examples of the fifties so now it's accepted as true.
Old 07-11-2015, 06:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doro22 View Post
I'm with you on that. How about the people who call 'Buena Vista Blvd." - "Bona Vista."???!!! It isn't 'Bona'. It's a Spanish word, the first syllable rhymes with 'sway'. I'm from S. Fl., & learned a little bit of Spanish from my Cuban buddies over the years. My sister worked in the Miami office of unemployment for more than 25 yrs. & 90% of her peers were Cuban, & my sis is virtually fluent in Spanish. 😎
I moved to Miami in 1953 and the reason I moved here in 2010 was to get away from all that Spanish. What a relief to not have to hear it every day in this English speaking country. Of all the immigrants it seems that those that speak Spanish refuse to learn the language the most and from my experience in Miami insist we speak their language.
Old 07-11-2015, 07:38 PM
Platinum member

People who speak so loudly to the point I can't hear the person with me.

Anyone who walks around not caring about anyone else around them.

When I'm driving the speed limit and you think it's okay to tailgate me - because you are ALWAYS in a hurry.
Old 07-11-2015, 07:45 PM

My pet peeve is someone parking their car in front of my house when they are visiting someone else. I'm not sure why it bothers me, really. I would just prefer they park elsewhere.
Old 07-11-2015, 08:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

New pet peeve from this morning.
Teed off #1 Owasco CC with group ahead on the green of a par 5. Got to 2nd tee, also a par 5, and group was about 150 yds out with no one ahead for 3 holes. Watched player park cart 25 yds away for no reason, walk slowly to ball, spend 2 min messing with optical range finder, only to walk back , slowly to cart for a different club. Since he was 370 yds uphill away from the green, not even around the dogleg yet, I'm unclear what the distance or club selection had to do with his shot. He then walked slowly back to ball, lined up his shot, took 7 practice swings, then backed off to line it up again. took 3 more practice swings then addressed the ball, waggled about 30 times, and crushed the ball 10-12 yds on the ground. Repeated this for his next 3 10-15 yd shots. When they got out about 270 15 min later, I threw the driver back in the bag so I could roll a 3 wood up 15-20 yds behind them. The same player jumped out of his cart, ran back to my ball and hit it into the woods. This is a private club with a small membership, but the foursome ahead was from a reciprocal club. Needless to say, our pro called their pro and they will NEVER be back
Closed Thread

Tags
people, receipt, pet, door, police, sams, guy, peeve, front, stop, call, employee, line, lot, frisked, stopped, annoying, posts, years, created, day, person, mine, thought, bother

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.