Pet Peeves

Closed Thread
Old 07-09-2015, 04:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
My really really pet peeve is someone pushing a shopping cart and browsing through "stuff" while holding a conversation on their phone. Second to that is the "husband" who has been sent to Publix and is on the phone with his wife saying "they have it in a blue can, but I don't see a red can", all the while his shopping cart has been left crosswise in the aisle effectively blocking everyone coming in or out! Oh, and one more - really dislike the people who go through the 10 only cash register with a full basket and then say "you don't mind do you?" .......... yes, damn it I do mind, and if I could spare it, I would give you a piece of my mind!

...... and just one more, my sweet very deaf neighbor who uses his cell phone on his lanai, and he is three doors down and I hear every word ..................... I do believe I have a problem with "phones".
This is the best post yet. Two points: 1) please don't get upset with me if you see me holding my cell phone in a market - my phone has my shopping list on it. 2) you may wish to invest in some ear plugs. Love your post though.
Old 07-09-2015, 04:34 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
"Irregardless" of what others may think, I frequently am caught holding my wife's (aka Honey) purse which seldom matches my outfit. It may beautifully "accessorize" the statement she always makes, but it seldom comes near the color palate I wish to express.

I like this thread. Keep it going
Oh I really have to keep my eyes open for you! Lol
Old 07-09-2015, 04:42 PM
Sage
Default It's a me society

People who blow their nose at the table in public.....really? I'm not hungry any more. Not using directionals both in the car or cart. Give us a clue already!
Old 07-09-2015, 06:49 PM

People who tailgate. Unbelievable! I truly want to invent a device that scrolls a message in my back window: "Am I towing you or what?" ⁉️
Old 07-09-2015, 07:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doro22 View Post
People who tailgate...
Oh yeah!
Old 07-09-2015, 07:29 PM
Sage
Default Pet Peeves

Saying "nucular" instead of "nuclear", especially when the offender is a high level government official. [emoji33]
Old 07-09-2015, 07:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulahips View Post
Oh I really have to keep my eyes open for you! Lol

You'll easily recognize me. I usually wear Bermuda shorts.
Old 07-09-2015, 08:11 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Use of the word(?) "irregardless".
The phrases VIN number and PIN number.

Which makes them the vehicle identification number number and personal identification number number.
Old 07-09-2015, 08:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by queasy27 View Post
The phrases VIN number and PIN number.

Which makes them the vehicle identification number number and personal identification number number.

Except when I try to use the tee time system it won't accept my VIN (car) number for my VID number. I hate when that happens.
Old 07-09-2015, 08:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Mine is people who park and leave their car at the entrance to the front door of rec centers.

I looked. No handicap stickers either.

Am I missing something or am I just too critical?
I used to park my car at the entrance to Colony and run my lottery money into the gym to my bookie. Once a month. Sorry!!!!!!!! It only took a minute.
You'll be happy to know that our lottery club is defunct and I am no longer blocking the entrance to Colony on a monthly basis. Didn't win anything either.

My pet peeve is people who hold up a long line at the grocery store picking the exact change, to the penny, out of their change purses.
Old 07-09-2015, 08:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I used to park my car at the entrance to Colony and run my lottery money into the gym to my bookie. Once a month. Sorry!!!!!!!! It only took a minute.
You'll be happy to know that our lottery club is defunct and I am no longer blocking the entrance to Colony on a monthly basis. Didn't win anything either.

My pet peeve is people who hold up a long line at the grocery store picking the exact change, to the penny, out of their change purses.

You should post the name of your worthless bookie who never won a Pennie for you. This must have been a scam of some sort. [emoji26]
Old 07-09-2015, 08:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
You should post the name of your worthless bookie who never won a Pennie for you. This must have been a scam of some sort. [emoji26]
But I miss my bookie! It was only $2/week.
Old 07-09-2015, 09:02 PM

People who don't know how to merge i.e. take turns. Drivers who think you should guess when they'll turn or who break before using a turn signal. Hey give us a clue please. And golf carts that drive so close to or over the line into the car lane. Yikes!!
Old 07-09-2015, 09:09 PM
Platinum member

(1) People who are mean.
(2) People who are selfish.
(3) People who are inconsiderate.
(4) And especially people who talk during movies as if they were sitting at home in front of their television. Friends, I don't need or want to listen to your running commentary. I'll figure it out on my own. And if you have to ask your partner or buddy questions about what is happening, then wait for Netflix or go see a Disney movie.
Old 07-09-2015, 09:28 PM
Location: New Hampshire, now Heathrow on Lake Deaton Preserve.

People who post items for sale on this site but do not give the price.
Closed Thread

Tags
people, receipt, pet, door, police, sams, guy, peeve, front, stop, call, employee, line, lot, frisked, stopped, annoying, posts, years, created, day, person, mine, thought, bother

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.