Is Pfizer making too much money from COVID?

Closed Thread
Old 03-04-2023, 09:56 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,759 Times in 757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nn0wheremann View Post
Faux News is not journalism it is entertainment. Tuckerboy thinks you want to be outraged about Covid, so that is the fiction he presents to you
So the more important question, why do you even watch it ??? I watch it sometimes because I KNOW those are opinion shows, commentators, same on all the other networks. When I watch "news", it's a surfing night for me, my fascination is how the "same" story is not even recognizable from network to network. It's a shame really, we (the people) are really in such a dangerous time, we have no source of actual news reporting, it's all for $$$, to be as entertaining as possible and bring in the "big bucks" !
Old 03-06-2023, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Tell me about a news source that is actually objective these days
Not that anyone will pay attention, but (mostly) non-biased news sources do exist.

Check out AllSides dot com. They have a comprehensive rating system for bias and fact-checking and display news stories with center, left, and right leaning reporting together.

Unsurprisingly, Fox is far right, and CNN is sadly now far left. There is no money in centrist reporting anymore.
Old 03-06-2023, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLonzo View Post
I watch Fox News a lot and generally respect the views of some of the hosts like Tucker Carlson or Jesse Watters. They rail against the ‘fake news’, yet almost daily condemn Pfizer as a money grubbing big bad pharmaceutical company making record profits on the back of the COVID emergency. A fake narrative!

I’ve been a Pfizer shareholder for many years. The company’s net profit in 2021, 2 years into COVID, was about the same as it was in 2017, 2 years before COVID! Their stock price today is about what it was at the end of 2018, a year before any thought of a COVID vaccine.

So where does this impression of ‘record profits’ come from? And why does the media keep portraying Pfizer as the ‘enemy’? A lot of people would be dead if all the drug companies disappeared!
If Fox News says it you can bet it’s a lie!
Old 03-06-2023, 04:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by swooner View Post
If Fox News says it you can bet it’s a lie!
Everybody Drink!

-Tom Petty
Closed Thread

Tags
covid, pfizer, years, profits’, record

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.