Is Pfizer making too much money from COVID?

Closed Thread
Old 02-28-2023, 07:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,382 Times in 2,061 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Want to play that game with all of the nonsense broadcasted on CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS and ABC?
Sure. What two defamation cases are those stations involved in? Poor research leading to inaccurate reporting is one thing, knowingly and intentionally reporting false information is another.

Also, please note I did not endorse any network.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough

Last edited by Bill14564; 02-28-2023 at 07:20 PM.
Old 02-28-2023, 08:16 PM
Veteran member

Well, I no longer trust Pfizer. You can if you want to.
Old 02-28-2023, 08:30 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,308 Times in 592 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Sure. What two defamation cases are those stations involved in? Poor research leading to inaccurate reporting is one thing, knowingly and intentionally reporting false information is another.

Also, please note I did not endorse any network.
CNN is being sued for defamation.
And MSNBC is also being sued for defamation.

Google it - I do not want to make a political reference.
Old 02-28-2023, 08:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainger99 View Post
CNN is being sued for defamation.
And MSNBC is also being sued for defamation.

Google it - I do not want to make a political reference.
Interesting similarities between the CNN case and the Fox News case - opposite sides of the same coin. Could be an interesting discussion but would not last long on this board.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 03-01-2023, 04:44 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLonzo View Post
I watch Fox News a lot and generally respect the views of some of the hosts like Tucker Carlson or Jesse Watters. They rail against the ‘fake news’,
You *are* aware of all the material that was made public in the trial against Fox News where the hosts admitted they knew they were peddling lies, yes? Not just testimony under oath but emails and texts....

When it comes to corporations, if you want the truth about financial matters, there are plenty of financial websites out there that digest the various filings that they make to the SEC. Because of this, I can tell you how much a given corporation is paying out in dividends - how much they've been hiked over the last couple of decades, how much money was spent on share buybacks, etc. You know the old saying - "follow the money"...

Remember that WE, the TAXPAYERS paid for that vaccine. WE paid Pfizer and Moderna to develop it. WE paid for them to ramp up production. And now, instead of offering it for cost plus a reasonable profit, they go to "market pricing". This is why a $20 dose of insulin can cost hundreds of dollars.

Ask yourself just how much profit motive is applicable when it comes to health care.
Old 03-01-2023, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralway View Post
you get your news from Faux News?

Stay away from windmills, they cause cancer
It is a fact the wind mill farms in coastal waters are having a terrible effect on the fishing industry. Ask any professional fisherman.
Old 03-01-2023, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G. View Post
Fauci is the dude that made big bucks on Covid 19.
How do you figure that?
Old 03-01-2023, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djplong View Post
You *are* aware of all the material that was made public in the trial against Fox News where the hosts admitted they knew they were peddling lies, yes? Not just testimony under oath but emails and texts....

When it comes to corporations, if you want the truth about financial matters, there are plenty of financial websites out there that digest the various filings that they make to the SEC. Because of this, I can tell you how much a given corporation is paying out in dividends - how much they've been hiked over the last couple of decades, how much money was spent on share buybacks, etc. You know the old saying - "follow the money"...

Remember that WE, the TAXPAYERS paid for that vaccine. WE paid Pfizer and Moderna to develop it. WE paid for them to ramp up production. And now, instead of offering it for cost plus a reasonable profit, they go to "market pricing". This is why a $20 dose of insulin can cost hundreds of dollars.

Ask yourself just how much profit motive is applicable when it comes to health care.
It's all very simple and can be summed up in one sentence; The majority of the medical INDUSTRY operates by "PROFIT BEFORE PEOPLE".
Old 03-01-2023, 06:06 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswirs View Post
It's all very simple and can be summed up in one sentence; The majority of the medical INDUSTRY operates by "PROFIT BEFORE PEOPLE".
I think that applies to all industries. If a company isn’t making a profit, it will eventually go out of business - whether it is medical, oil, farming, food, entertainment, real estate, etc.
Old 03-01-2023, 06:11 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainger99 View Post
I think that applies to all industries. If a company isn’t making a profit, it will eventually go out of business - whether it is medical, oil, farming, food, entertainment, real estate, etc.
Even nonprofits have to make a profit.

Myths About Nonprofits | National Council of Nonprofits
Old 03-01-2023, 06:34 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzepecki View Post
How do you figure that?
$100K for a "motivational" speech.
Old 03-01-2023, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keefelane66 View Post
Just take in the sources Waters or Carlson mostly opinion with dubious facts
I believe the recent revelations by Rupert Murdock that his big personalities lied to us about the Big Lie. How can anyone believe a word that comes out of their mouth?
Old 03-01-2023, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLonzo View Post
I watch Fox News a lot and generally respect the views of some of the hosts like Tucker Carlson or Jesse Watters. They rail against the ‘fake news’, yet almost daily condemn Pfizer as a money grubbing big bad pharmaceutical company making record profits on the back of the COVID emergency. A fake narrative!

I’ve been a Pfizer shareholder for many years. The company’s net profit in 2021, 2 years into COVID, was about the same as it was in 2017, 2 years before COVID! Their stock price today is about what it was at the end of 2018, a year before any thought of a COVID vaccine.

So where does this impression of ‘record profits’ come from? And why does the media keep portraying Pfizer as the ‘enemy’? A lot of people would be dead if all the drug companies disappeared!
Infraction "click bait" for conservatives on this site.

Last edited by GizmoWhiskers; 03-01-2023 at 07:02 AM.
Old 03-01-2023, 06:55 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trishakaye View Post
It is a fact the wind mill farms in coastal waters are having a terrible effect on the fishing industry. Ask any professional fisherman.
Really needs another thread. Fact or claim? Google can find little of either.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 03-01-2023, 07:16 AM

You still watch Fox “News” since the release of the court transcripts of Murdoch stating they tell their audience what they want to hear, knowing it is a lie? That pretty much taints anything that comes out of their mouth, knowing they flat out lie because it keeps their audience and that means more money. It’s Fox Entertainment, not Fox News. Use discernment.
Closed Thread

Tags
covid, pfizer, years, profits’, record

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.