Phillips Toyota of Leesburg ... again!

Closed Thread
Old 04-16-2021, 04:59 PM
Veteran member
Default Phillips Toyota of Leesburg ... again!

Of course, there are always two sides to a story--and sometimes more than two. But when I see or hear Phillips Toyota brought up, I think back to a series of threads a few years ago that resulted in my not buying at Phillips Toyota--and know two others who also went elsewhere. Possibly more? Who knows?...

Buyer beware phillips toyota, leesburg, fl

Final score of ‘Beware of Phillips Toyota (Leesburg FL)’—Dealership 2, Consumers 0

Buyer Beware Phillips Toyota (Leesburg FL)—the end of the story!
Old 04-16-2021, 05:34 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,142 Times in 301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quixote View Post
Of course, there are always two sides to a story--and sometimes more than two. But when I see or hear Phillips Toyota brought up, I think back to a series of threads a few years ago that resulted in my not buying at Phillips Toyota--and know two others who also went elsewhere. Possibly more? Who knows?...

Final score of ‘Beware of Phillips Toyota (Leesburg FL)’—Dealership 2, Consumers 0

So you start a whole new thread to stir the pot on an already active thread. Why not post to the thread already running? And bring up hearsay posts from 2-4 years ago.
Old 04-16-2021, 05:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,658 Times in 592 Posts

I visited Philips once, won't be back.
Old 04-16-2021, 07:46 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe V. View Post
So you start a whole new thread to stir the pot on an already active thread. Why not post to the thread already running? And bring up hearsay posts from 2-4 years ago.

Let me say it again.............

Old 04-17-2021, 06:30 AM

I always buy Fords; never have bought anything Asian.
Born and raised in Toronto; also lived in Sudbury and Winnipeg while growing up; migrated to Atlanta where I lived for almost 30 years and also spent a year in Milan and two years in Rochester, MN (brrrr).
Old 04-17-2021, 06:51 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,107 Times in 1,339 Posts

Quote:

Just don't go there.
Old 04-18-2021, 05:18 AM
Veteran member

I went to DeLuca and price was $3K less for the same car, same accessories.
Old 04-18-2021, 05:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by noslices1 View Post
I went to DeLuca and price was $3K less for the same car, same accessories.
I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night.....
Old 04-18-2021, 06:20 AM
Default It’s Deluca that made me furious.

Quote:

I’ll never go back to Deluca in Ocala. Old school sales techniques. Games. Trickery. They don’t understand that today’s consumers know car dealer bull**** ... we read ... we watch You Tube videos ... and share experiences on social media. I was so furious I had to barge into the “managers” office to get my keys back — held hostage while they tried to push me into a car I explicitly told them I did NOT want. Buyer beware.
Old 04-18-2021, 06:32 AM

Make that three people that are not going back to Phillips Toyota. I went there the other day to look at a RAV4. It had about $1200 worth of ad dons that I did not won't. They told me that they would be happy not to add them to the car but I would have to pay for them anyway. Needless to say I got up and left. Never again.
Old 04-18-2021, 06:49 AM

Nothing new here. All the dealers are the same and I mean all dealers. Negotiate and cut your own deal but don’t disparage one company when they all do the same. I price shopped my Toyota Highlander with 3 dealers. I was in control the whole time and ended up getting the best price at Phillips. It’s not the dearer, do your homework and you make the offer. Take it or leave it
Old 04-18-2021, 07:26 AM
Veteran member

I have no experience with the Toyota dealers. I did go to an out of the way Plaza Chrysler dealer in the sleepy town of Inverness and got a great deal from what is a small dealer compared to some of the mega dealers nearby the Villages and Ocala.

I've posted a link in the past for James Bragg who runs a service called "Fighting Chance," his method works and is worth the cost of buying one of his packages.

Fighting Chance: Your Customized Solution to Getting the Best Car Deal
Old 04-18-2021, 07:35 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,557 Times in 596 Posts

Quote:

So? Why the need to post links to old articles? Everyone has their choice as to where to buy a car. Most dealerships are similar. Like any other business, they want tomake a profit. If you feel you are being an outrageous prices, go elsewhere. Whats the big deal?
Old 04-18-2021, 07:39 AM
Default Car dealers

I tried my hand at selling new and preowned cars and it started with the dealers sales training program .
The programed sales track was developed by a well known national auto corporation and is in use by many dealers regardless of brand. Buying a car is much like voting. You go with the best liar, then live with it!
In a nutshell the dealer teaches
Sales team members how to lie.
For the customer,
Tell what they want to hear
Get the money
Tell them the way it is.

Watch for the track selling technique and know the warning signs because those dealers are ruthless.
Different color ink or markers used on written offers to and from the sales manager.
Statements such as the dealer or buyer is out or will return soon.
The manager just stepped out.
The buyer/ manager stepped out and your keys were put in the safe for your security till he returns.
KELLY BLUE BOOK! Yes there is a book for you but its not the one the dealer uses. Bait and switch.
The worst liars use religious icons placed in your view and often bring GOD into the pitch along with their family and supposed life experience. .
Those sales people first sell you themselves to gain trust.
Of course the vast majority of customers lie and get indignant.
In the end its the Best sales person who lies the best because
they filter both the customer’s and management’s lies to make the sale.
My advice is do your homework
Pack your lunch and stick to your plan.

Quote:

Old 04-18-2021, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenneyGuy View Post
I always buy Fords; never have bought anything Asian.
Too bad, great cars.

Hike naked, it adds color to your cheeks!
Closed Thread

Tags
phillips, toyota, resulted, buying, toyota--and

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.