Suggestions to find lost item

Closed Thread
Old 11-02-2010, 07:54 AM
Sage
Default Suggestions to find lost item

I have lost my Mallory CC sleeveless golf vest. I have a feeling I did not secure it properly on my golft cart (d*mb*ss) and it fell off somewhere between Sarasota driving range (466a) and Murphy's Estate in Mallory.

Is there such a thing a lost and found? I could not think of one and if I found a jacket I would not know where to take it so the person may get it back.

It is not hung up anywhere along the route or at the range.....

I assume it is a goner, but figured someone may have a suggestion on who to try...

Thanks
Old 11-02-2010, 09:31 AM
Gold member

The starter shacks keep stuff (don't know how long). I would check at any executive and/or country club close to your route. I would check in the pro shops at the country clubs also.

I left a head cover in someone's cart one time at Churchill Green and went to check on my next trip - they pulled out a big (maybe two) basket of mostly head covers, but other golfing apparel also. Alas, mine was not in it, but worth a try.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I was told as a child to pray to St. Anthony when something is lost.

Which lately is about every half an hour.

I feel pretty sure that by now if I ever get to the pearly gates he is gonna be waiting and smack me good.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:29 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl View Post
The starter shacks keep stuff (don't know how long). I would check at any executive and/or country club close to your route. I would check in the pro shops at the country clubs also.

I left a head cover in someone's cart one time at Churchill Green and went to check on my next trip - they pulled out a big (maybe two) basket of mostly head covers, but other golfing apparel also. Alas, mine was not in it, but worth a try.
All good advice but check nearby rec centers too.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, scotch in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 11-02-2010, 11:58 AM

I have also seen people turning in items at the sales office at LSL.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:06 PM
BOMBERO
Default Lost & Found

There are 2 Lost and Founds that I know of:

1. La Hacienda Rec. Center ( north of C.R. 466 )

2. Laurel Manor Rec. Center ( south of C.R. 466 )
Old 11-02-2010, 12:18 PM

Go to either of the town squares on a day that there's a scheduled free event that people normally reserve seats for by placing items on chairs 20 hours prior and then abandoning to the fates.

Chances are, your jacket (or one that looks JUST LIKE IT) is on one of those chairs. Accept the providence of Fate, that you were led to find your missing item and reclaim it, and in turn, freeing one of those enslaved chairs for someone who will happily use it at the time of the event.

DO IT FOR THE CHAIRS!
Old 11-02-2010, 12:52 PM

I've seen signs posted with lost items information at the mailbox/pool areas. Seems like a good idea to me. Everyone gets their mail. Good luck.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:27 AM

I lost a stone from my ring on Palm Sunday did anyone find it. Thanks
Old 04-20-2011, 06:15 AM
nkrifats

Lost items of value, that I have found such as a money clip with money. I turned into the Sales Office at LSL. I would check all places that have been posted here. Good Luck.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:28 AM
Sage
Default The thread comes alive

I had just gotten over losing that old Mallory jacket The Villages Florida

I never did find it in all the places one could think of, but did find a place at the corner of Odell and Morse that has more

Good luck with your ring, it sounds way more important than my ol' jacket...
Old 04-20-2011, 01:02 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Go to either of the town squares on a day that there's a scheduled free event that people normally reserve seats for by placing items on chairs 20 hours prior and then abandoning to the fates.

Chances are, your jacket (or one that looks JUST LIKE IT) is on one of those chairs. Accept the providence of Fate, that you were led to find your missing item and reclaim it, and in turn, freeing one of those enslaved chairs for someone who will happily use it at the time of the event.

DO IT FOR THE CHAIRS!
Brilliant... Bravo.

FREE THE CHAIRS!
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.