Pick 1 actor and 1 actress you would like to spend the day with.

Closed Thread
Old 12-03-2014, 11:43 PM
Default OK, I'll play.

Dustin Hoffman and Robert Redford. Hell, Redford is prettier than most actresses anyway. Come out of that cave with guns ablazing, guys!
Old 12-04-2014, 01:31 AM
Veteran member

Clark Gable. " Frankly, Scarlett I don't give a damn."

Joan Crawford. I'd like to hear her version of the movie Mommy Dearest.

Last edited by tippyclubb; 12-04-2014 at 02:19 AM.
Old 12-04-2014, 06:59 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Really would rather not because the Hollywood myth is bigger than the person and I might end up very disappointed especially since so many are ego-driven.
Beside wich I have never much been enamored with celebrity
Old 12-04-2014, 07:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I would rather spend the day with the director of Contagious Disease at Emory University and learn what he has learned about Ebola.

I am a funny bird, I know.
Old 12-04-2014, 07:05 AM
Sage

Joanne Woodward and Benedict Cumberbatch
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 12-04-2014, 07:25 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Kate Hepburn. Robert Mitchum could be interesting.

Contemporary would have to be Whoopee Goldberg. Can't think of a male actor I particularly want to meet.

I've had the good fortune to meet both Clint Eastwood and Robin Williams. Clint I actually talked to for a short while. Very nice man but on the shy side. Extremely intelligent. Ego was almost normal. Robin I only talked to for seconds at a time. I'm a huge comedy club fan and would frequently see him outside waiting for his set. He really did talk a mile a minute, especially on Coke. Another genuinely nice guy, at least back then.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 12-04-2014, 08:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Kate Hepburn. Robert Mitchum could be interesting.

Contemporary would have to be Whoopee Goldberg. Can't think of a male actor I particularly want to meet.

I've had the good fortune to meet both Clint Eastwood and Robin Williams. Clint I actually talked to for a short while. Very nice man but on the shy side. Extremely intelligent. Ego was almost normal. Robin I only talked to for seconds at a time. I'm a huge comedy club fan and would frequently see him outside waiting for his set. He really did talk a mile a minute, especially on Coke. Another genuinely nice guy, at least back then.
Not sure if I would want to spent a whole day with any actor/actress after living with a woman who had grown up with a theater actress as a mother. I also have friends/neighbors/acquaintances who have Broadway and/or movie connections. They can be a little demanding with respect to attention getting. Like playing catch with various fruits and vegetables while grocery shopping. This was a common habit of my old girlfriend's parents. Not a family tradition I wanted to get involved with while getting out of the Minneapolis winters and trying to grocery shop.

I e-mailed a lot of actors/actresses in my 224 613 Project. That's the one to force a dialog about practical materials for survivors/victims of crimes between librarians and victim/witness providers. I had started working on this in January of 1991 after figuring out that my days at the University of Minnesota Law Library were very numbered because of internal politics. I had been introduced as the WESTLAW cataloger at the American Association of Law Libraries convention in Reno, Nevada in the Summer of 1989. This also brought back in a very heavy rush my experiences with the 2-24-1976 murder investigation and aftermath of Michelle Mitchell. She had been the daughter of my then Earl Wooster High School teacher Mrs. Barbara Mitchell. The case is re-open as of December 2014.

Anyway, I suppose I would like to meet some of the various actors/actresses I had sent so many e-mails to as well as George Clooney who one of my correspondents had claimed she was dating. She was a Dallas actress who just might have been on a fantasy trip in her head. I did get an e-mail from someone claiming to be George Clooney. I would like to find out if Vanessa D. was pulling my leg or she really had some dates with George Clooney @ 2003.

Also I would like to meet some of the actors/actresses work which I really admire. First among them would be Reese Witherspoon and Matthew McConaughey. No, I did not e-mail these two at all in my 224 613 Project. Not sure though given my experiences with my ex-girlfriend in Minnesota and the uncaught vegetables and stuff on the grocery aisle floor, I would want to spent the whole day with them as long as I did not have to catch any tomatoes, cucumbers, heads of lettuce, etc.

If you see me coming into a Villages' Publix with someone who looks vaguely familiar, TAKE COVER!

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 12-05-2014 at 02:15 PM.
Old 12-04-2014, 08:25 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I would rather spend the day with the director of Contagious Disease at Emory University and learn what he has learned about Ebola.

I am a funny bird, I know.
That sounds like fun too, Gracie! Are your running a fever or throwing me a lob ball?
Old 12-04-2014, 12:49 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,612 Times in 1,760 Posts

Sophia Loren and Ronald Reagan.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 12-04-2014, 12:58 PM
Sage
Default I decline from picking anyone because.....

I'm afraid it would be a big let-down. Just because we like an actor on the big screen it doesn't mean we will enjoy spending the day with them.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:17 PM
Veteran member

Not sure if I can do this but either The Three Stooges or The Marx Brothers.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter123 View Post
Not sure if I can do this but either The Three Stooges or The Marx Brothers.
I'll have to take it up with the rules committee. I'll let you know.
In the mean time, this morning I seen a Blue Heron in my pajamas.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
I'm afraid it would be a big let-down. Just because we like an actor on the big screen it doesn't mean we will enjoy spending the day with them.
Fear not, we're just having fun with the topic.
You wouldn't have to worry about a big let down, because you're not actually going to get to spend the day with them.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:26 PM

Gary Cooper. Actress is more difficult... hmm... how about Barbara Stanwyck.

Edit: And of course, after I posted, I thought of about a dozen more people. :-)
Old 12-04-2014, 02:08 PM
Veteran member

Jennifer Garner and Tom Selleck, but not at the same time.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.