Pizza more addictive than Cocaine ?

Closed Thread
Old 09-03-2017, 12:34 PM
Gold member

Obviously the lead in statement was made by someone who has never tried cocaine. Now if you smoke marijuana there is no such thing as bad pizza.
Old 09-03-2017, 01:43 PM
Email Reported As Spam

what an interesting claim? I prefer Neapolitan pizza which does not include mozzarella and is simple without all the toppings . I believe the author of this article has over-reached.
Old 09-03-2017, 01:49 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
I do not remember the Minneapolis, Iowa, Wisconsin nor Itasca, IL pizza as being all that thrilling. We did not go to Chicago that often and probably would have gone to the tourist places probably the German ones. Chicago Brauhaus - Lincoln Square, Chicago - German food, German beer and German Music - German Restaurant

22 Restaurants Near Woodfield Mall Shopping Center | OpenTable
My pizza maker moved with me all over the country. She would make pizza from scratch.. Neapolitan pizza, Chicago pizza in cast iron skillets, sheet pizza, white pizza with spinach or broccoli, or asparagus......no chicken and pineapple pizza or bar- b- que pizza ugh
Old 09-03-2017, 01:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Pizzeria Due pic from recent visit. The picture is even addicting.

The Villages Florida

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Old 09-04-2017, 03:05 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Pizzeria Due pic from recent visit. The picture is even addicting.

The Villages Florida

Spot on, Chi-Town.
Old 09-04-2017, 03:28 AM
Sage

Quote:
I do not remember the Minneapolis, Iowa, Wisconsin nor Itasca, IL pizza as being all that thrilling. We did not go to Chicago that often and probably would have gone to the tourist places primarily the German ones. Chicago Brauhaus - Lincoln Square, Chicago - German food, German beer and German Music - German Restaurant

22 Restaurants Near Woodfield Mall Shopping Center | OpenTable
I live about 5 miles from Woodfield Mall, and have been to most of the restaurants on the list from Open Table. The closest Lou Malnati's (best pizza in Chicago in my opinion) is located about 3 miles from Woodfield. There are Lou locations (49) all over the Chicago area, and now they have expanded to Phoenix, AZ.

Too bad Lou Malnati's doesn't open a location in TV...the line would be out the door.

Pizzeria Due, mentioned by Chi-Town, is also great, but I don't get into the city as often as I should, and Due does not have any locations in the NW suburbs that I know of .

Pizzeria Uno, also started in Chicago, does have some locations in Florida, in the Orlando area -- Winter Garden, Orlando, and Kissimmee, and on the Atlantic side of Florida, in Melbourne.

Just food for thought.
Old 09-04-2017, 08:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
I live about 5 miles from Woodfield Mall, and have been to most of the restaurants on the list from Open Table. The closest Lou Malnati's (best pizza in Chicago in my opinion) is located about 3 miles from Woodfield. There are Lou locations (49) all over the Chicago area, and now they have expanded to Phoenix, AZ.

Too bad Lou Malnati's doesn't open a location in TV...the line would be out the door.

Pizzeria Due, mentioned by Chi-Town, is also great, but I don't get into the city as often as I should, and Due does not have any locations in the NW suburbs that I know of .

Pizzeria Uno, also started in Chicago, does have some locations in Florida, in the Orlando area -- Winter Garden, Orlando, and Kissimmee, and on the Atlantic side of Florida, in Melbourne.

Just food for thought.
Would love to have a Lou Malnati's close by; they're excellebt anywhere. The original Pizzeria Uno is excellent in its original Chicago location, but the franchised locations are not.

Old 09-04-2017, 08:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,317 Times in 2,054 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post

Just food for thought.
If they were around in Schaumburg in 1994 I might have had some of their pizza. I was taking care of my uncle Bill before he went into a nursing home from late August through late November of 1994. Went home after taking an excursion to interview for a reference librarian position at the primarily African-American law school North Carolina Central University in early December of 1994.

Bill lost a leg, arm, and part of his skull to a tank burst from a German tank at the landing at Anzio, Italy. He became kind of a small town hero in Itasca. My uncle Alvin was the Fire Chief of Itasca for a while, etc.

I had to do nursing type chores for Bill while there but we went to the Schaumburg Mall a few times and ordered take out as well every once in a while.
Old 09-04-2017, 02:49 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
Ah, yes, Michigan Pizza. Buddy's!!Attachment 71199
Shields!!

(FYI for those not from Michigan, the war over who has better pizza, Buddy's or Shields, has been raging for decades. BOTH are better than anything I've had down here.)
Old 09-04-2017, 09:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Would love to have a Lou Malnati's close by; they're excellebt anywhere. The original Pizzeria Uno is excellent in its original Chicago location, but the franchised locations are not.

Too bad the Florida franchised locations of Pizzeria Uno are not any good.
Old 09-04-2017, 09:12 PM
Sage
Default Pizzeria Uno Franchise Locations

Quote:

Too bad the Florida franchised locations of Pizzeria Uno are not any good.
Old 09-04-2017, 09:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
If they were around in Schaumburg in 1994 I might have had some of their pizza. I was taking care of my uncle Bill before he went into a nursing home from late August through late November of 1994. Went home after taking an excursion to interview for a reference librarian position at the primarily African-American law school North Carolina Central University in early December of 1994.

Bill lost a leg, arm, and part of his skull to a tank burst from a German tank at the landing at Anzio, Italy. He became kind of a small town hero in Itasca. My uncle Alvin was the Fire Chief of Itasca for a while, etc.

I had to do nursing type chores for Bill while there but we went to the Schaumburg Mall a few times and ordered take out as well every once in a while.
Tal, Lou Malnati's has been around Chicago for many years, so you may have eaten at Lou's in 1994.
Old 09-04-2017, 09:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred53 View Post
Now if you smoke marijuana there is no such thing as bad pizza.
I've heard that's true.
Old 09-04-2017, 09:58 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,620 Times in 1,764 Posts

Cocaine Addiction | Just How Addictive is Cocaine?

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 09-04-2017, 10:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post

Bad cocaine is better than Florida pizza.
Closed Thread

Tags
florida, [emoji26], cocaine, addictive, pizza

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.