Please investigate the truth

Closed Thread
Old 03-20-2019, 08:49 AM
Default If it walks like a duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
Fact check all you like...it does not mean what you check isn't a lie also...yes I am a professional cynic...working for over 30 years in gov't does that...you should have learned by now that the internet can be manipulated so you'll never know the truth.If it walks like a duck

Go by: common sense(very rare) and your instincts(if you haven't developed any then best of luck?)
If it walks like a duck quacks like a duck it is a duck. If you’re caught with your hand in the cookie jar and deny it you’re still guilty saying it isn’t so doesn’t make it true.
Old 03-20-2019, 12:46 PM
fw102807

It's called perception management.
Old 03-20-2019, 01:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,617 Times in 5,196 Posts

If I invited someone into my house, and they lied to me, I would not invite them back. But, apparently, journalists who conduct all types of news and talk shows don't have any ethics with respect to lying and saying things that are not true. They continue to invite the same people back onto their show to tell more lies. I never went to journalism school, but I would think that there should be some kind of rule or policy about this.
Old 03-20-2019, 02:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry Azz View Post
If it walks like a duck quacks like a duck it is a duck. If you’re caught with your hand in the cookie jar and deny it you’re still guilty saying it isn’t so doesn’t make it true.
But if the duck quacks on video, and then says he didn't quack, that would be a lie!!!!
Old 03-20-2019, 02:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
But if the duck quacks on video, and then says he didn't quack, that would be a lie!!!!
To most, but apparently not all
Old 03-20-2019, 02:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
If I invited someone into my house, and they lied to me, I would not invite them back. But, apparently, journalists who conduct all types of news and talk shows don't have any ethics with respect to lying and saying things that are not true. They continue to invite the same people back onto their show to tell more lies. I never went to journalism school, but I would think that there should be some kind of rule or policy about this.
All I'm saying is do your do diligence, fact check MANY sources, then and only then, draw your educated conclusion. These days we have many examples of who does NOT know how to tell the truth, in the mean time, our children are listening and learning that they too, can get away with LIES.
I've tried to keep politics out of this post, in spite of the elephant in the room, isn't it possible to put aside our "leanings" and JUST DO THE RIGHT THING and tell the truth. Surely to goodness, we can agree on THAT!
Old 03-20-2019, 02:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
All I'm saying is do your do diligence, fact check MANY sources, then and only then, draw your educated conclusion. These days we have many examples of who does NOT know how to tell the truth, in the mean time, our children are listening and learning that they too, can get away with LIES.
I've tried to keep politics out of this post, in spite of the elephant in the room, isn't it possible to put aside our "leanings" and JUST DO THE RIGHT THING and tell the truth. Surely to goodness, we can agree on THAT!
I agree, but, no, it is not possible.
Old 03-20-2019, 02:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
When watching "so called" professional journalists interview someone, I often wonder why they allow an interviewee to get away with lies or untruths just to keep the interview going so they can cover all of the scheduled topics. Sometimes, I wish they would stop the interview and force the interviewee to acknowledge the truth or terminate the interview. Maybe that would promote more truthfulness.
You mean like in a press conference?
Old 03-20-2019, 02:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I am totally not getting this. Is it some sort of disguised political discussion?
Old 03-20-2019, 02:45 PM
Sage

What is behind door #1?
Old 03-20-2019, 04:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I am totally not getting this. Is it some sort of disguised political discussion?
Gracie, I'm trying not to mention the elephant in the roomthat LIES, and trying to get all of us to FACT CHECK, Please!
Old 03-20-2019, 04:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

I don't think it's disguised at all. It's pretty clear, to me. Though which side of which lies the OP is siding with, is not transparent. WHICH entity does he/she feel is doing the lying?

If someone told me "if you go on this diet, you'll cleanse your colon and be healthier than ever" I'll tell them they're full of the crap they think I'm going to cleanse. How do I know this? Because science. Colons are supposed to be dirty. If you cleanse them, you'll get sick. Unless it's a one-time deal for colonoscopy prep, your body should be cleansing itself. If that diet isn't making you sick, it's because it's a healthy diet. NOT because it's cleansing your colon.

That's just one example of learning to find truth in fiction.
Old 03-20-2019, 04:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

And this thread has officially gone in the toilet.
Old 03-20-2019, 04:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
I don't think it's disguised at all. It's pretty clear, to me. Though which side of which lies the OP is siding with, is not transparent. WHICH entity does he/she feel is doing the lying?

If someone told me "if you go on this diet, you'll cleanse your colon and be healthier than ever" I'll tell them they're full of the crap they think I'm going to cleanse. How do I know this? Because science. Colons are supposed to be dirty. If you cleanse them, you'll get sick. Unless it's a one-time deal for colonoscopy prep, your body should be cleansing itself. If that diet isn't making you sick, it's because it's a healthy diet. NOT because it's cleansing your colon.

That's just one example of learning to find truth in fiction.
Ah, the solution to stop the lying......a good colon cleaning.
Old 03-20-2019, 04:46 PM
Sage

Have you heard of Colin Powell's half brother, Semi?
Closed Thread

Tags
truth, fact, investigate, check, time

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.