Please investigate the truth

Closed Thread
Old 03-22-2019, 11:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
This too shall pass!
Sure it will, but with what lingering long term damage. As an old guy, I want to once again in my life be proud
Old 03-22-2019, 11:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
Sure it will, but with what lingering long term damage. As an old guy, I want to once again in my life be proud
Why wouldn't you be proud now? I'm proud! Is there something I can do to help you, Bucco, to feel proud, I'll help if I can. If its to stop posting, I'll do that for you. No Problem.
Old 03-22-2019, 11:52 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Why wouldn't you be proud now? I'm proud! Is there something I can do to help you, Bucco, to feel proud, I'll help if I can. If its to stop posting, I'll do that for you. No Problem.
Smart cracks aside...tell us what you are proud of ?

We all know if I respond, thread goes away...not saying it's planned, but allowing you to tell us what you are proud of will tell us more.
Old 03-22-2019, 12:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Smart cracks aside...tell us what you are proud of ?

We all know if I respond, thread goes away...not saying it's planned, but allowing you to tell us what you are proud of will tell us more.
Please don't try to turn this around. I am being genuine with you and you choose to turn it around instead of answering.

I take that as my TRUTH on this matter and bailout. I wish you well, I was wishing you well before also.

I never said I had a problem with being proud, you did. My proud list is really great but sorta private. Take Care Bucco. Till we meet again on another thread.
Old 03-22-2019, 12:17 PM
Sage

I thought I was done but one last thing. I really don't have a clue what you are worked up about but I hope you find peace with whatever it is. Now I'm outta here!
Old 03-22-2019, 12:29 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

I wish we could have actual conversations with each other and dig into answers as to why we have turned into a country of such division.

We have got to start asking not just What? But Why?

What is the agenda? What is between the lines? What do they want us to believe? Why do we believe what we believe? What's in it for us? What's in it for them? What does who I choose to believe say about who I am?

OY!

I never thought I would say this, but I sort of wish we did have a political forum here. But it would turn so ugly that, just like always before, I would never join and probably finally would run away. It would not be a good business decision anyway.
Old 03-22-2019, 12:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
I thought I was done but one last thing. I really don't have a clue what you are worked up about but I hope you find peace with whatever it is. Now I'm outta here!
Ditto that. Life is too short.......
Old 03-22-2019, 12:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Your post to me.....

"Why wouldn't you be proud now? I'm proud! Is there something I can do to help you, Bucco, to feel proud, I'll help if I can. If its to stop posting, I'll do that for you. No Problem."

Did I misunderstand something...is that what you are saying.

"If its to stop posting, I"lll do that for you. No problem"

"If there is something I can do for you"

Did I misunderstand all this ?
Old 03-22-2019, 12:41 PM
Sage

My apologies. I get sucked in every time.

Posters who ignore the subject and try to turn it personal about a poster.

My bad for allowing it to upset me...only a few do that routinely, and cannot seem to post without something personal while avoiding the subject.

Sorry again, my bad
Old 03-22-2019, 02:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Uplifting post, especially the part about mind made up BUT still fact check

On here, I am called a lot of things but I also fact check even if the original story fits my mind. Wandering around with lies in your head will not serve you well. Those who know me that I will not argue until I know, and if not one of those clear issues, then I will still come to the DISCUSSION armed with facts. NOBODY dictates what I should think.

Great post. My concern, despite what many on here have accused me is not with any agenda, but my country and nothing else.
Oh Bucco, I agree completely, no matter my persuasion, I ALWAYS FACT CHECK many sources, and I've found, that I'm wrong a time or two, giggle!
Old 03-22-2019, 02:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
You must have missed the point where I said the thread topic was a good one. You both seem to assume too much. I've never thought much of assumptions. Probably because there's 50-50 chance you're going to be wrong and I'm not much of a risk taker. Besides, talk about a good way to cause strife and division. I mean you want truth, right? So why make assumptions? Very confusing to me.

A thread will not be closed because of anything I post. Believe me, I'm not that important around here. Personally I would much rather see it get back on track so it doesn't......
Yea, Abby is back!
Old 03-22-2019, 03:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
Yea, Abby is back!
Rumors and assumptions to the contrary aside...that's nothing but the truth.
Old 03-22-2019, 04:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
My apologies. I get sucked in every time.

Posters who ignore the subject and try to turn it personal about a poster.

My bad for allowing it to upset me...only a few do that routinely, and cannot seem to post without something personal while avoiding the subject.

Sorry again, my bad
I really like you, Bucco. I would stop posting if it made you feel better. I'm not gonna bust your chops. No way. That's part of what's wrong with the world, lack of respect, especially to our elders. No apology needed. You are Golden in my eyes.
Old 03-22-2019, 05:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

It is so confusing. Some posters going on the attack and then playing the martyr.

When a fact is confirmed, such as yes the media is not trusted by a large number of Americans than the subject is changed by some.

About Half of us believe one way and the other half the other with a lot of really smart people not completely in line with the whole philosophy of either side.

That is having an open mind. Figuring out just what the person means, not what the person says.
We need to listen carefully because what some call lies are their perception of how some people talk and communicate. We sometimes need to decipher rough, plain talk and the even worse carefully worded and planned articulate communication. Behind either or both can be a good person or a bad person who is trying to deceive. If we want to HATE, we will find our own reasons.
Old 03-22-2019, 05:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
It is so confusing. Some posters going on the attack and then playing the martyr.

When a fact is confirmed, such as yes the media is not trusted by a large number of Americans than the subject is changed by some.

About Half of us believe one way and the other half the other with a lot of really smart people not completely in line with the whole philosophy of either side.

That is having an open mind. Figuring out just what the person means, not what the person says.
We need to listen carefully because what some call lies are their perception of how some people talk and communicate. We sometimes need to decipher rough, plain talk and the even worse carefully worded and planned articulate communication. Behind either or both can be a good person or a bad person who is trying to deceive. If we want to HATE, we will find our own reasons.
The thread is about TRUTH and HONESTY......you folks want to blame the media for reporting lying........thats really something.

Liars lie....if the media reports that...they are not the liars......so much has gone under the bridge with bold faced lying, that we have simply lost the ability to recognize truth or even care.

if that fact and it IS a fact does not give you serious pause, then you better quickly examine yourself. Lying does not have a political label...it is lying and when the lies are about our country......hey, we have the absolute right to know the truth about our economics....etc.......not plaititudes.

Again I ask you to supply one....just one example of a news media tellng an outright lie on the coverage of news.....legit sources please. i keep asking and never get any. so what the hey are you talking about ?
Closed Thread

Tags
truth, fact, investigate, check, time

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.