Sanctuary Cities - I'm Confused

Closed Thread
Old 04-15-2019, 04:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,684 Times in 5,232 Posts
Default Sanctuary Cities - I'm Confused

I understand that sanctuary cities want to protect illegal aliens from deportation. Now, some Government officials want to bus asylum applicants to santuary cities. But, these applicants are not illegal aliens. They are legal residents of our country who are entitled to the same benefits and protection as all legal residents and who cannot be deported from any city. So, what difference does it make where you send them? They can go wherever they want to go. Whether you agree with the asylum laws or not, I just don't see the point of this latest tactic.

Last edited by retiredguy123; 04-15-2019 at 04:56 PM.
Old 04-15-2019, 04:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Nope, ain't gonna touch it.

Old 04-15-2019, 04:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts

The only thing I'll say about this, retiredguy13, is that your understanding is flawed. Other than that, like ColdNoMore, ain't gonna touch it.
Old 04-15-2019, 04:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Not sure this will stay, but your idea is not "exactly" the plan

Last edited by Bucco; 04-15-2019 at 05:09 PM.
Old 04-15-2019, 04:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Nope, ain't gonna touch it.

I touched it for one reason. People should know truth....discussing or threading non truths is distinctly unfair and wrong.
Old 04-15-2019, 05:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,684 Times in 5,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
I touched it for one reason. People should know truth....discussing or threading non truths is distinctly unfair and wrong.
I really just wanted to make the point that people being released into the country are not illegal aliens until they don't show up for their asylum hearing. Until then, they are legal residents. I do not want to spread any untruths.
Old 04-15-2019, 05:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
I admire your intent, but when about 35% of folks don't want to know the truth...I'm not sure it'll do any good.

Dagnabbit!!

I "touched" it.
Old 04-15-2019, 05:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
I admire your intent, but when about 40% of folks don't want to know the truth...I'm not sure it'll do any good.

Dagnabbit!!

I "touched" it.
I know....my ire is raised when threads like this are begun....I KNOW I will respond, not try and discuss....just think having a lie out there while we wait for a mod is unfair.

I self reported my self 😁

I fully realize folks have their fingers in their ears, and have forgotten our great history of confronting problems with truth and discussion. Some seem to prefer the false accusations and blaming of others.

I still long to make our country great again, by everyone being honest, and actually knowing what they are talking about.
Old 04-15-2019, 05:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
I know....my ire is raised when threads like this are begun....I KNOW I will respond, not try and discuss....just think having a lie out there while we wait for a mod is unfair.

I self reported my self 😁

I fully realize folks have their fingers in their ears, and have forgotten our great history of confronting problems with truth and discussion. Some seem to prefer the false accusations and blaming of others.

I still long to make our country great again, by everyone being honest, and actually knowing what they are talking about.

We can only hope...and vote.

CRIPES...I did it again!

From so much 'touching'...I probably now have cooties.
Old 04-15-2019, 05:52 PM
Default Fact

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I understand that sanctuary cities want to protect illegal aliens from deportation. Now, some Government officials want to bus asylum applicants to santuary cities. But, these applicants are not illegal aliens. They are legal residents of our country who are entitled to the same benefits and protection as all legal residents and who cannot be deported from any city. So, what difference does it make where you send them? They can go wherever they want to go. Whether you agree with the asylum laws or not, I just don't see the point of this latest tactic.
I am an ex-New Yorker. New York is a liberal leaning City.
I recall being out on a bitter cold day speaking to a friend complaining about the bitter cold day.
Out of the blue a street guy chimes in. He was obviously bright and educated. HE WAS FROM FLORIDA. We spoke for a while and I asked him why he was in NY when Florida is far warmer.

His reply was,"you can always get a free meal and a place to sleep in NY." Charity, fair, humanity, I do not claim to have the answers.

"Latest tactic?" It is not a tactic unless it is done. The words did get the attention of many. Far as sanctuary cities, that was one of many issues of the Civil War. States vs Federal government. Clearly, the question has not been settled.
Will it ever be? I doubt it.

The good news is the first amendment to the constitution. The most important amendment protects the right of free speech.
The US is one of the few countries that has not had the rise of a dictator.
Closed Thread

Tags
cities, sanctuary, residents, applicants, aliens

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.