Kobe Bryant 2 3.28%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 04-15-2019, 08:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Let's have a poll on ToTV Posters......admire, not.

I think it would last 45 seconds.

I had a $2,000,000,000 approval rating on some Facebook apt. A friend only had $499 but she seems to have little filter on Facebook nor in real life. She is still adorable though.

Tiger Wood's accomplishments are for the record books and for history.

Not sure what the romances-- either platonic or not-- of other leaders have much to do with anything. Power seems to attract a great number of people looking for something as does celebrity. Some of the Kennedys seemed to hop in and out of bed with many different partners. How Many Women Did JFK Bed? A Detailed List of the President’s Affairs | History Hit

There is much to admire about Jefferson, Reagan, Eisenhower and many of these other men. As well as Tiger Woods.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 04-15-2019 at 11:54 AM.
Old 04-15-2019, 08:33 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,597 Times in 1,760 Posts

I had to choose among President Reagan, President Eisenhower and President Jefferson; I chose the last mentioned. All were great men!

I wish Benjamin Franklin had been listed as I would have voted for him.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 04-15-2019, 08:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
I had to choose among President Reagan, President Eisenhower and President Jefferson; I chose the last mentioned. All were great men!

I wish Benjamin Franklin had been listed as I would have voted for him.
Ummm, that's not true, given that this poll...allowed multiple choices.

Sorry...too late now.
Old 04-15-2019, 09:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Men are pigs..............we have demon crap in our heads all the time. Like the movie, there are "A Few Good Men."

We can always count on you for a laugh!
Old 04-15-2019, 12:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Tiger admitted his mistakes and apologized. He got treatment. He has donated millions to charity through his foundation but yet he is reviled. Please explain to me what he did that was so wrong to deserve the comments he has gotten here.
See if this shoe fits
Tiger Woods Rage Compilation - YouTube
Old 04-15-2019, 12:47 PM
Sage

UNRA-P1402-2 - University President Joseph Crowley greeting President Reagan at the podium, with capacity crowd on Quadrangle and the Mackay Mines Building and Mackay Statue in the background (October 7, 1982)

I really admired Ronald Reagan. Went to his visit to the University of Nevada, Reno in 1982. I would have been to the right of this picture and way to the side about half way back. It might have cut me out though as I was way to one side.
Old 04-15-2019, 01:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
They didn’t all cheat on their wives, that we know of. Thomas Jefferson was very much in love with his wife until she died. His affair with his slave, Sally Hemings, started after her death both before and after she was married. I included him because of this and because I have difficulty believing that the sex was consensual, at least in the beginning. Sally was young when the affair started.

Kobe Bryant was not married when he was accused of rape, just engaged. But his comment that he could see why the hotel mail might have felt coerced was so egregious to me that I had to include him. To me, he is the ultimate slimeball and that he is now being lauded on talk show after talk show for writing a children’s book absolutely nauseates me.

Ronald Reagan, Bill Clinton, Roger Clemens all had affairs while married. Dan Marino had a child out of wedlock.

One of the worst offenders to me was Dwight David Eisenhower. Not only did he have an affair with his driver, Kay Summersby, while in Europe, he set her up in the White House as a secretary. Nothing like slapping Mamie in the face! We might also add that he wasn’t exactly chivalrous towards Kay. He had her drive him to the front more than once, putting her in great personal danger.

If Tiger Woods is to be condemned and reviled for cheating on his wife, then, so, too, should all of these men. I’ve seen comments on here that I thought went beyond the pale for Tiger. Gloating when he lost, claiming the pain he went through was deserved, etc.

Tiger admitted his mistakes and apologized. He got treatment. He has donated millions to charity through his foundation but yet he is reviled. Please explain to me what he did that was so wrong to deserve the comments he has gotten here.
Okay, so TJ cheated on Sally Heming's husband. Either way you want to spin it, none of these people deserves much admiration for the way they lived their lives. I don't bash any of them. I just don't respect them.
Old 04-15-2019, 04:27 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

To me, the ones deserving respect are those that admitted their failings, apologized and tried to make things honorable. That eliminates Jefferson, Clinton, Reagan, Eisenhower, Bryant. Marino is kind of in the middle. He admitted to having the child and put a large amount in a trust fund for that child but no public apology that I can remember. Clemens and Woods both admitted that what they had done was wrong, apologized and have since shown themselves to be good men.

Yet, the only that has been truly vilified is Woods. WHY? Because he was a great golfer? Because he’s so rich? Because he didn’t fawn to the crowds? Because he was young and of mixed race? Sorry, I don’t get it and truly would like to know what he has done to be so vilified. Even an admitted rapist doesn’t get this type of vitriol.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 04-15-2019, 04:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
To me, the ones deserving respect are those that admitted their failings, apologized and tried to make things honorable. That eliminates Jefferson, Clinton, Reagan, Eisenhower, Bryant. Marino is kind of in the middle. He admitted to having the child and put a large amount in a trust fund for that child but no public apology that I can remember. Clemens and Woods both admitted that what they had done was wrong, apologized and have since shown themselves to be good men.

Yet, the only that has been truly vilified is Woods. WHY? Because he was a great golfer? Because he’s so rich? Because he didn’t fawn to the crowds? Because he was young and of mixed race? Sorry, I don’t get it and truly would like to know what he has done to be so vilified. Even an admitted rapist doesn’t get this type of vitriol.

It's been my personal observation and experience, of being around a LOT of residents, that one of the reasons you have already listed...is the primary one.
Old 04-15-2019, 07:23 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

CNM, if race were the only issue, Bryant would also be vilified. There has to be something else going on. Just want someone who has posted some of the comments about Woods to explain the why of it to me.

I. Just. Don’t. Get. It.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 04-15-2019, 07:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
CNM, if race were the only issue, Bryant would also be vilified. There has to be something else going on. Just want someone who has posted some of the comments about Woods to explain the why of it to me.

I. Just. Don’t. Get. It.
I don't get it either. As if a guy like Tiger needs the support of any of us. I think the reason I had a hard time letting him off the hook is that I held him in such high esteem. Way back when I idolized this person. I thought the world of him. Sports wise only Derrick Jeter and Mariano Rivera were even in his class in my eyes.

Tiger rebuilt in many ways, physically, mentally, and spiritually I suppose. The thing that overwhelmingly won me back was when his son jumped in his arms and his daughter showed such affection. To me, that was better than winning The Master. Besides, who am I to judge.
Old 04-15-2019, 08:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,464 Times in 3,090 Posts

We didn't like him because he was TOO good, TOO quickly, TOO soon, and as a replacement for EVERYONE else. And then the media decided that Golf = Tiger, and nothing else mattered. No one else had a chance to be regaled for any accomplishment at all, because everyone was always compared to Tiger. Even during the Master's - instead of watching the shot from I think it was Kaupka on one of the last couple of holes, we got to all watch Tiger wiping the sweat off his brow.

The fact that golf rises and sets on Tiger Woods is why our household can't stand him. The whole cheating thing just cemented it.
Old 04-15-2019, 09:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
We didn't like him because he was TOO good, TOO quickly, TOO soon, and as a replacement for EVERYONE else. And then the media decided that Golf = Tiger, and nothing else mattered. No one else had a chance to be regaled for any accomplishment at all, because everyone was always compared to Tiger. Even during the Master's - instead of watching the shot from I think it was Kaupka on one of the last couple of holes, we got to all watch Tiger wiping the sweat off his brow.

The fact that golf rises and sets on Tiger Woods is why our household can't stand him. The whole cheating thing just cemented it.
Seriously?

As a non-golfer, I'll cut some slack because I don't think you fully understand how hard his accomplishments really were...and how utterly amazing it is to spend 12 years as #1 in the World.

The fact that he eviscerated almost every record (except number of majors and a couple of others), in such a short span, all the while being in a sport that wasn't exactly real welcoming of 'his kind' (Google Fuzzy Zoeller's comments) speaks to a mental toughness that very few can even comprehend...much less come close to ever possessing.

You and your "household" are, of course...still entitled to your own opinions though.
Old 04-15-2019, 09:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post

He was a media darling from age 2 or so.
Old 04-15-2019, 10:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,464 Times in 3,090 Posts

He's an amazing golfer. The end. That should be the end of it. But instead, he's an amazing golfer, and Jack Nikl...oh wait did you see what Tiger's kids did? Not like Phi...oh no there goes Tiger again, using a REAL terrycloth towel to wipe his sweat! Yeah but how about this hole coming up, there's Xander getting ready to sw...HEY LOOK TIGER SNEEZED!

That's why we can't stand Tiger. It doesn't matter what he's doing, it takes priority over anything else that anyone else is doing. I don't care what color his skin is, or who his parents were. Televised Golf is not golf anymore. It's The Tiger Woods Show, with guest stars.
Closed Thread

Tags
thread, comments, results, admired, admire

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.