POWERBALL drubbing

Closed Thread
Old 03-28-2019, 07:15 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts
Default POWERBALL drubbing

We invest $10 in Powerball each time the payout is over $500 mil. Any Jackpot less than that is chump-change.

So, our 5 Quick-picks yet again came up empty- not ONE NUMBER matched. Story of my life. Back to the norm in TV...hopes dashed - planned to upgrade to a $2Million estate here...and sharing some % of our newfound fortune with all TV residents.

The lucky numbers for the $768.4 million jackpot were 16, 20, 37, 44, 62 and Powerball 12. The top prize surged from an estimated $750 million due to strong ticket sales.

Last edited by DeanFL; 03-28-2019 at 07:23 AM.
Old 03-28-2019, 07:45 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,686 Times in 3,599 Posts

I feel really good................I came in 4th place.
Old 03-28-2019, 08:28 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,327 Posts

I got pushed over at the store yesterday for a guy to buy $30 in tickets. He was in a great hurry to make this purchase.
Old 03-28-2019, 09:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,369 Times in 3,050 Posts

I entertain myself thinking about what I'd do with the money if we won huge sums of money in Powerball. So here's my current spreadsheet (yes I have it on a spreadsheet, as I said I consider my own imagination a form of entertainment).

750mil = around 300mil if you take a lump sum, after taxes.

Hubby gets to do whatever he wants with half, I get the other. So I now have 150mil to spend.

5 mil to my sister.
5 mil to my parents.
1 mil to the local no-kill animal shelter
Rip my brand "new" 1985 manufactured home in OBCC and replace it with a 1500sq-ft patio villa or ranch with a 2-car garage, indoor laundry facilities, double-pane windows, temp-controlled glass lanai in front and screened-in porch in back. Call that around $400,000 total

Renovate my current house in Connecticut; upgrade all the electricals, get solar panels on the roof, enlarge the main bedroom and add a master bathroom to it, replace the front steps with a full-frontal porch, rip down the old detached garage and replace it with a 1.5-car garage with mudroom connecting it to the main house, finish the basement and turn it into a real, lovely, functional rec room, with new stairs and a new bilco door leading out to the back yard. Fix the landscaping - we'll be the second property in the neighborhood with no grass, and gorgeous lush verdant groundcover with wildflowers in the spring and summer. Call this project $400,000

Replace my crappy 2010 car with two Jaguars. First is a 1986XJ, completely and authentically restored. Second would be a 1999 XJ8 Vanden Plas. Inevitably, as happens with Jaguars, one of them would always be in the shop having some repair or another done to it. That's why I'd need two. Call THIS $1,000,000 total, including set-aside for repairs over the next 10 years.

Vacations: Castle tours of Ireland, England, Scotland, Germany, and Spain. Trip to Greece. Call this $1,000,000 total, including paying someone to watch the cat when I'm away from home

A new wardrobe. Nothing too fancy, but everything fit properly. Perhaps a personal fashion shopper to get me the right things. We'll put this at another $1,000,000, to cover the next 20 years of clothing.

We're now down $14,800,000 and have only 110,200,000 left.

Health care: very important. Take $10,200,000 off the top, hopefully to last the rest of my very healthy life. This would include new glasses as needed, a new set of hearing aides, the usual yearly physicals and meds, a personal trainer, a face lift, a boob job, and hip replacement that I will likely need within the next 20 years because the one I have is falling apart.

And now, we're left with $100,000,000. I'll donate a million to a friend of mine who has ALS and has been communicating with a device called an eyewriter from his bed, for several years now. He's hooked up to machines, his mind is more higher functioning than most non-disabled geniuses, and he deserves better equipment and his 24/7 home caretakers deserve a raise. Another million to stem-cell research. Another 5 million to Planned Parenthood in each of certain areas of the country. Another 5 million to certain organizations that assist asylum seekers, DREAMers, and other immigrants who have been trying to immigrate legally for decades, but have been stonewalled, delayed, or otherwise halted throughout their sincere attempts at legal citizenship. Another 10 million to public school systems in certain underfunded areas of the country, to cover the cost of teacher salary and mundane school supplies for the kids (pencils, paper, text books, library books, etc).

$100,000 to each of the co-workers at both of my jobs who I got along with well, who lent a shoulder when I was having a rough day, who might need more than a shoulder now. I'd probably have to break it up into $15k/year til it's all given out, because of tax liability laws. But that's okay, I don't mind. I'll just earn interest til it's paid out.

I'll sink a couple of million into the stock market.

I might sink a few million into opening a "local-centric healthier-than-diners restaurant" in The Villages. Not a health-food joint, I doubt that'd last long. But healthier than bulk-bought stuff from the local diner. The peanutbutter and jelly on white would be transformed to fresh-ground peanutbutter and local strawberry jam on wheat bread that we'd make daily in the store. The eggs would be from free-range chickens at a local farm. And so would the chicken salad. There'd be hummus with tahini, lots of salads, and all in-season local produce would be featured, with the name of the farm prominently and proudly displayed on a chalkboard over the counter. Organics whenever possible, but I'm not a stickler. The prices would be reasonable, but enough to pay the servers better than minimum wage. All tips would go to soup kitchens and homeless services organizations that exist to get people off the streets and into meaningful productive lives. This project might incur the biggest chunk of the remainder of my winnings but I truly believe that every community should have a place like this. I would also make batches of bread, soup, salad, and pastries to GIVE to the local homeless shelter and soup kitchens, on a weekly basis.
Old 03-28-2019, 10:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

We actually won a while back, a big one. We're just hiding in The Hysterical Section of The Villages to keep family away. The money is buried in the basement.
Old 03-28-2019, 10:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,301 Times in 864 Posts

Invested 10......won 7....Oh Boy!! Actually the 7 bucks is the most we have ever won in this game.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 03-28-2019, 10:20 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
We actually won a while back, a big one. We're just hiding in The Hysterical Section of The Villages to keep family away. The money is buried in the basement.
Can't wait to meet you when we get back down there, NEIGHBOR!
Old 03-28-2019, 10:26 AM
Sage

Forgot to add one important thing: I'd get a proper mani-pedi every two weeks. SOOO tired of having nails that split crack chip and peel on me, it's time to cover these bad boys up! Can't afford that luxury anymore.
Old 03-29-2019, 07:08 AM
Send a message via AIM to jim1941

If I win....I'm going to have a big party, invite all of my friends and have them bring a covered dish...hehe
Closed Thread

Tags
powerball, jackpot, million, numbers, $768.4

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.