Woman Panhandler...Walmart Summerfield

Closed Thread
Old 02-14-2017, 06:58 PM
Gold member
Default Woman Panhandler...Walmart Summerfield

Was leaving Walmart around 4 this afternoon and a woman with 2 kids and a stroller comes up to me as I walk toward my car.

She says she works at Mac Donalds but has to wait a week to get paid, her power was turned off and her kids ages 4 and 7? were so hungry as they haven't eated in 2 days...

Well, of course that was a lie, but I gave her 2 dollars for 2 happy meals at mac Donalds. She suggested I give her 5 but......thats all I had..

Her 2 kids were running inbetween the cars in the parking lot and I felt that was so wrong.... so I reported them to the landscaping department as I was leaving.

As I was leaving the parking lot I noticed a van with the doors open and spyed 2 car seats in the back seat and a man sitting in the drivers seat playing on a ipad...
I was major duped....

But I still feel so bad for the 2 small kids running in the parking lot...I am sure they had eated today in school on a breakfast/lunch program...I hope...

But they should not be running around in the Walmart parking lot...its a accident waiting to happen....

Sad day... for the youth in this world....
Old 02-14-2017, 09:26 PM
Sage

I saw a woman pushing a stroller with two small kids in it across 441/27 heading west near Office Depot at around 2:30 today.

(a couple days ago I saw a woman crossing 441/27 by the Lutheran Church north of Walmart pull her shirt up and flash her black bra at passing cars)

. . .
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 02-14-2017, 09:43 PM
Sage

The Gypsies must be back. That is the modus operandus we were warned to avoid on trips abroad. Husband drives wife to site for her day job.
Old 02-14-2017, 10:43 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
Was leaving Walmart around 4 this afternoon and a woman with 2 kids and a stroller comes up to me as I walk toward my car.

She says she works at Mac Donalds but has to wait a week to get paid, her power was turned off and her kids ages 4 and 7? were so hungry as they haven't eated in 2 days...

Well, of course that was a lie, but I gave her 2 dollars for 2 happy meals at mac Donalds. She suggested I give her 5 but......thats all I had..

Her 2 kids were running inbetween the cars in the parking lot and I felt that was so wrong.... so I reported them to the landscaping department as I was leaving.

As I was leaving the parking lot I noticed a van with the doors open and spyed 2 car seats in the back seat and a man sitting in the drivers seat playing on a ipad...
I was major duped....

But I still feel so bad for the 2 small kids running in the parking lot...I am sure they had eated today in school on a breakfast/lunch program...I hope...

But they should not be running around in the Walmart parking lot...its a accident waiting to happen....

Sad day... for the youth in this world....
You described the same group ( although there was a second woman included) that approached me about 3 weeks ago as I was getting in my car in front of Jersey Mikes. Two young children along with one of the women pushing a stroller. All of them were barefooted. Said they needed $10 to get their power turned on and they also needed to get the kids something to eat. Said they had just come from St Timothy's Church but it was closed. I chose not to give them any money. As I drove past St Timothy's the parking lots were filled with cars so I assume it wasn't closed.
Old 02-14-2017, 11:06 PM
Veteran member

Thanks for the warning. I've been scammed on other pleas for help. I'll be watchful.
Old 02-15-2017, 05:24 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

My attitude is that any scamming is on them. If I choose to give a panhandler money, I don't judge, I don't comment, I don't preach. I simply give and hope it goes for something good. At the same time, if you're begging with kids in tow, you never get a dime from me. Don't prey on my sympathies, you don't need to and your kids deserve better.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-15-2017, 06:30 AM
Sage

The kids are a ploy, they're the best pick pockets- keep away from them
Old 02-15-2017, 09:49 AM
Gold member

I feared for the childrens safety...they were running in and around parked and moving cars.....

That was my main issue....
Closed Thread

Tags
parking, kids, lot, leaving, running

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.