Prayers needed

Closed Thread
Old 02-15-2017, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Last night I got the most horrible news. My son and his wife have been trying to have a baby for a couple of years now. About two years ago she got pregnant but lost the baby after a few months.
Nine months ago we got the news that she was pregnant again and we've all been very excited to meet the new little guy. Her due date was yesterday so I sent my son a text asking if anything was happening. A few hours later I got a call from him telling me that they had lost the baby.

She had been getting cramps and they were thinking that it was time. Yesterday morning she express some concern that she hadn't felt him move for a while. He suggested that they go to the hospital just in case. When they got there, there was no heartbeat. They don't have explanation yet and I'm not sure why I want to hear one, but I do.

It is so heartbreaking as we have been buying gifts for little Duncan. Last Christmas my family loaded her up with baby gifts and I got my son a manly style diaper bag. Everyone has been anticipating his arrival and now it's this.

I don't now what to do. I hardly slept at all last night. It was all I could think of. I feel so bad for my son and his daughter-in-law. She is a pre school teacher and has really wanted kids of her own for a long time.

I'm not sure why I'm writing this but I guess I thought that maybe sharing it might help.

Anyway. thoughts and prayers for my son and daughter-in-law would be appreciated. Thanks for letting me unload.
So sorry to hear this story, heartbreaking. Stay strong for your family.
Old 02-15-2017, 12:17 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,477 Times in 548 Posts

Prayers for you and your family that God will help you and your family bear this terrible, heartbreaking news.
Old 02-15-2017, 12:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I am so sad to hear this. Know that our family cares and will be praying for all of you.
Old 02-15-2017, 12:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

So sorry to hear this, you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.
The only reason I'm here on Earth is that my mother miscarried 2 years before I was born, but she was committed to trying again. Sometimes God works in mysterious ways. If your family decides to try again, I pray they are rewarded with a beautiful, healthy baby.
Old 02-15-2017, 01:12 PM

So so sorry. There is then you can be sure to do for them. My sister back in the 70s and my daughter in the late 90s both lost full-term babies. Neither were allowed to grieve were expected to go home and not act like they had just lost a child. So for both your son and daughter-in-law make sure they are allowed to feel as horrible as they should and take the time they need. It never goes away but hopefully they learned to go on. With the right support they will unfortunately we didn't understand that at the time.
Old 02-15-2017, 01:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Praying for peace for you and your family during this difficult time.
Old 02-15-2017, 01:40 PM

So sorry for you all. Prayers for all.
Old 02-15-2017, 02:28 PM
Platinum member

Having been through something similar, I'm crying for all of you It does (and will) get better I promise. Prayers and hugs to you and your family.
Old 02-15-2017, 03:54 PM
Veteran member

Prayers for you and your family, Doc. We are expecting our first grandchild in March, and so far everything is going great. But this is every potential grandparents nightmare.
Old 02-15-2017, 08:41 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

I understand the feeling. We lost six babies in a row, and then a set of twins, all at 30 plus weeks. It's heartbreaking when your baby is at a viable age. The worst was people always tell you, it's for the best, or there will be more, God only give you what you can handle, and you should just try again.

Even though some are trying to help, comments hurt you to the core. Its difficult to understand how your son and daughter are feeling.

Be supportive, it's a process, time may ease the some pain. It's hard not to blame yourself, support groups may be an option. My thoughts are with them and you.

Last edited by thelegges; 02-16-2017 at 08:02 AM.
Old 02-15-2017, 09:36 PM
Sage

I'm very sorry for the heartbreak you and your family are facing. Prayers for all.
Old 02-15-2017, 09:41 PM
Veteran member

So terribly sorry. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.
Old 02-15-2017, 10:34 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Last night I got the most horrible news. My son and his wife have been trying to have a baby for a couple of years now. About two years ago she got pregnant but lost the baby after a few months.
Nine months ago we got the news that she was pregnant again and we've all been very excited to meet the new little guy. Her due date was yesterday so I sent my son a text asking if anything was happening. A few hours later I got a call from him telling me that they had lost the baby.

She had been getting cramps and they were thinking that it was time. Yesterday morning she express some concern that she hadn't felt him move for a while. He suggested that they go to the hospital just in case. When they got there, there was no heartbeat. They don't have explanation yet and I'm not sure why I want to hear one, but I do.

It is so heartbreaking as we have been buying gifts for little Duncan. Last Christmas my family loaded her up with baby gifts and I got my son a manly style diaper bag. Everyone has been anticipating his arrival and now it's this.

I don't now what to do. I hardly slept at all last night. It was all I could think of. I feel so bad for my son and his daughter-in-law. She is a pre school teacher and has really wanted kids of her own for a long time.

I'm not sure why I'm writing this but I guess I thought that maybe sharing it might help.

Anyway. thoughts and prayers for my son and daughter-in-law would be appreciated. Thanks for letting me unload.
It is one of the most difficult times for everyone when a baby is lost. I am so sorry for your family. May you find peace in knowing God has a plan for each of us, even when we really don't understand the plan...

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
Old 02-15-2017, 10:36 PM
Veteran member

How heartbreaking. There are no words that can heal your pain but know I am thinking of you and your family and my prayers are with you all, and little Duncan. Bless his soul.
Old 02-15-2017, 10:55 PM

As we in the community gather in prayer for you and your family, please know God hears and knows and asks us to have an open heart filled with care and love for you and your family. His spirit lead you here and we are responding with love to follow his will. We may never know the reasons but we do want you and your family to be comforted with love. If you can, let us know how you and your family are doing in the months ahead. Our prayers will not cease and you can return at any time with an update or just because you know we are here.
Closed Thread

Tags
son, baby, gifts, prayers, time

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.