Transporting Cremains

Closed Thread
Old 11-10-2018, 06:42 AM
Default Transporting Cremains

I would like to transport a relative's cremains to Italy. I've heard that the country is very strict on how it must be done. Has anyone had any experience with it and who to contact?
Old 11-10-2018, 08:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean8248 View Post
I would like to transport a relative's cremains to Italy. I've heard that the country is very strict on how it must be done. Has anyone had any experience with it and who to contact?
I would respectfully suggest you either research on line, or contact the Italian Consulate in NY.

This is just one of the companies who do this work: Shipping human/exhumed remains or ashes to Italy
there are dozens more with indepth information online.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 11-10-2018, 08:14 AM
Veteran member

One of tenants died and the widow had to get special forms to bring the ashes back up north. If you think about it, if you get stopped for any reason the police might think it's drugs. Anyway, like she said above, check with the US and Italy.
Old 11-10-2018, 08:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelJohnson View Post
One of tenants died and the widow had to get special forms to bring the ashes back up north. If you think about it, if you get stopped for any reason the police might think it's drugs. Anyway, like she said above, check with the US and Italy.
Also, if you do not have a direct flight, you might want to check with intermediate stops, just in case.
Old 11-10-2018, 10:15 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

I would first check with the organization that performed the cremation. Usually the forms are provided at time of acceptance of the remains if you need to travel with them. Hope this helps.
Old 11-10-2018, 11:44 AM
Veteran member

this reminds me of the time my uncle passed, my aunt wanted uncle joe [ashes] to go to his daughter down in Florida. since I was going that way,could I drop him off in florida. I'm driving through Atlanta on rt 75 in the hov lane, and a cop pulls me over. I asked him what I did wrong??? he said you need 2 or more people to be in the hov lane...… I showed him uncle joe , that's when he gave me a $200 ticket.
Old 11-10-2018, 05:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by village dreamer View Post
this reminds me of the time my uncle passed, my aunt wanted uncle joe [ashes] to go to his daughter down in Florida. since I was going that way,could I drop him off in florida. I'm driving through Atlanta on rt 75 in the hov lane, and a cop pulls me over. I asked him what I did wrong??? he said you need 2 or more people to be in the hov lane...… I showed him uncle joe , that's when he gave me a $200 ticket.
I'm helpless.

We used to live at a marina on Lake Michigan. Someone's loved one died and she wanted to scatter his ashes on the lake. A friend & wife took her & family/friends out on his big power boat to do so. She didn't know to throw stuff downwind from a boat...

Sorry. Things on this forum just bring up so many memories.
Old 11-10-2018, 07:30 PM
Platinum member

We mailed Auntie Delphine back to Breaux Bridge. The postal clerk asked if we wanted insurance.

Tags
cremains, contact, experience, relatives, transport

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.