"adopt" a family for the holidays

Closed Thread
Old 12-13-2007, 06:08 PM
Default "adopt" a family for the holidays

I'm looking to "adopt" a less fortunate family for the holidays, however I am new to the area and have limited time..
Does anyone have information that they would be willing to share as to where I might go to get this done?
Your kind input will be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-13-2007, 06:16 PM
Sage
Default Re: "adopt" a family for the holidays

Steve,

Do you mean have a family to your home for the holidays or just help out with buying them presents? Could you elaborate a bit more I may be able to help you.

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:35 PM

nonie,
thanks for the reply. What I meant by "adopt" is to provide food for the holiday meal, gifts for the family. typically doing the shopping, wrapping, etc...i donate time on the holiday, so being a host is not possible...
Old 12-13-2007, 08:05 PM
Sage

Steve,

First let me say I think your the best. Truly that is what Christmas is all about, giving of yourself and you certainly do that.

If you have a Catholic Charities organization in your city please contact them. They can help you out. Also contact your local council of churches and toys for tots. All of these organizations will steer you in the right direction. If all else fails, I have a Christmas family that I help out every year,any contribution would be welcomed. Bless you steve, your a very special person in my book. :#1:

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 12-13-2007, 11:07 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Steve, just contact any local church. So far as I've been able to determine, they all have adopt a family. I'm sure they'll be happy to steer one to you. If not, LMK and I'll check with one of my friends and get her to get the name of a family for you. She's very active with St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church here.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 12-15-2007, 01:43 PM

Nonie &rw,
Thank you both for your kind recomendations. Found some folks in need with the assistance of the Lady Lake Police Dept.. Police Cheif Ed Nathanson is very active in the community with regard to charities. Cheif Nathanson and his staff could not have been more helpful. Again, thanks to you, and thanks to LLPD. Happy Holidays!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.