Proud parents?

Closed Thread
Old 01-20-2019, 05:54 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Really like it when people start digging for the facts themselves.

They are often hard to get at with so many sources putting their own spins on them.

+1
Old 01-20-2019, 06:00 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Thank you, blueash,

As far as Covington Catholic goes, why in the world did they allow those boys to wear those potentially incendiary hats into that huge crowd in a big city?

Maybe you need to watch the video.

Black Israelites: " crackers, faggots, and pedophiles." At the 1:20 mark (which comes after the Phillips incident) they call one of the few black students the n-word

Native American with Phillips: "Go back to Europe. This is not your land"

Yes, lets have a conversation on why MAGA hats are the problem.
Old 01-20-2019, 07:17 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
Maybe you need to watch the video.

Black Israelites: " crackers, faggots, and pedophiles." At the 1:20 mark (which comes after the Phillips incident) they call one of the few black students the n-word

Native American with Phillips: "Go back to Europe. This is not your land"

Yes, lets have a conversation on why MAGA hats are the problem.

And we’re off!

Just to clarify my comment — no matter what you think of what I think of hats, etc., it is beside my point.

Taking teenagers on a field trip is a huge responsibility. Even taking my high school classes to something as innocuous as a play took thought and preparation. We learned about the play we would be seeing. We always had a little update on how to behave at the theater, besides all the usual stuff about staying together, etc. — no sneaking off to smoke or whatever. I took my responsibility for other people’s kids seriously. We all enjoyed our field trips, but in 35 years in the biz, I never had a problem being the adult.

So here we had a bunch of teenage boys in DC, huge crowd, by its very nature fraught with the potential to turn toxic. For their own safety, they should not have been wearing those divisive hats.

Now, here they are, faces plastered all over the world. Opinions running the gamut.

If you want to argue my point, think about whether those kids would have been in this position had they not been wearing those controversial hats. I really do not think anybody would have bothered to film them.

I must assume their parents knew about their hats. But maybe not. Maybe they hid their hats. Maybe those supervising the kids were hung up on being afraid of offending tuition-paying parents. Maybe they tried. Who knows.

Whatever, nobody thought this one through. Those kids should have been in boring, appropriate, uncontroversial attire. They are kids.

Sometimes we have to tell kids things they do not want to hear — like NO! We have to tell them for their own good, or at least try to rescue them from themselves.

So, GoodLife, that’s the teacher in me talking. I have no interest in engaging in a pointless political snarkfest. And guess what — had I been your kid’s teacher, I bet you would have been glad.

Last edited by Boomer; 01-20-2019 at 08:06 PM.
Old 01-20-2019, 07:50 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,592 Times in 1,758 Posts

Watch: The Full Video of the MAGA Kids & Indian Drummer Is a Game-Changer

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 01-20-2019, 07:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
And we’re off!

Just to clarify my comment — no matter what you think of what I think of hats, etc., it is beside my point.

Taking teenagers on a field trip is a huge responsibility. Even taking my high school classes to something as innocuous as a play took thought and preparation. We learned about the play we would be seeing. We always had a little update on how to behave at the theater, besides all the usual stuff about staying together, etc. — no sneaking off to smoke or whatever. I took my responsibility for other people’s kids seriously. We all enjoyed our field trips, but in 35 years in the biz, I never had a problem being the adult.

So here we had a bunch of teenage boys in DC, huge crowd, by its very nature fraught with the potential to turn toxic. For their own safety, they should not have been wearing those divisive hats.

Now, here they are, faces plastered all over the world. Opinions running the gamut.

If you want to argue my point, think about whether those kids would have been in this position had they not been wearing those controversial hats. I really do not think anybody would have bothered to film them.

I must assume their parents knew about their hats. But maybe not. Maybe they hid their hats. Maybe those supervising the kids were hung up on being afraid of offending tuition-paying parents. Who knows.

Whatever, nobody thought this one through. Those kids should have been in boring, appropriate, uncontroversial attire. They are kids.

Sometimes we have to tell kids things they do not want to hear — like NO! We have to tell them for their own good.

So, GoodLife, that’s the teacher in me talking. I have no interest in engaging in a pointless political snarkfest. And guess what — had I been your kid’s teacher, I bet you would have been glad.
Kudos to you for a great post.

A few things quickly I have learned on this thread....

1. Most, instead of investigating simply wait to be told what to think. I sincerely hope I never get that lazy. Seem severe ? Mean it to be...we have suddenly become open to lies, half truths and conspiracy theories.

2. To some, they or their positions are never wrong, and whatever is being discussed, it is somebody else's fault.

3. Boomer nailed it on the hats. Wearing them was meant to flaunt only. I was not aware this rally was to be political ???

4. I sleep well every night knowing whatever the issue, I insure I am well informed. I rely on no network, no individual person, or newly hatched conspiracy. I make sure I know the truth. If proven wrong, I apologize and begin to find out where I went wrong.

5. I was correct in my post on this thread....our country has been taken over by hate. We have no problem with attacking personally those who have different opinions.

Do you think this hate is not apparent to our children ?

Having been married to a teacher for 55 years, Boomer is correct, you would have been very lucky to have your children influenced by her

Last edited by Bucco; 01-20-2019 at 08:28 PM.
Old 01-20-2019, 08:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

The Native American Elder Attacked By MAGA-Hatted Teens Explains That Viral Clip

Quote:
As the teenagers began to attack the Black Israelites — and Phillips noted that the Black Israelites also began to say “some harsh things” in retaliation and self-defense

— Phillips made a spur of the moment decision to intervene and prevent the situation from escalating further. He physically placed himself between both groups, and the anger from the students, a group of mostly white, male teenagers, was then directed at him.

"There was that moment when I realized I've put myself between beast and prey," Phillips told the Free Press. "These young men were beastly and these old black individuals was their prey, and I stood in between them and so they needed their pounds of flesh and they were looking at me for that."

The students, who attend Covington Catholic High School in Kentucky, began jeering at Phillips as he took his drum and began singing. In the video, the teens can be heard chanting “Build the wall ” and yelling derogatory language and slurs. One boy walked up to Phillips and stood inches away from his face, smiling and unmoving.

Phillips said the kind of glee in the teenagers’ face was “ugly” and reminiscent of photographed reactions to lynchings from the mid-20th century. He described their behavior as a reaction to learning “there’s more truth out there than what they’re being taught” in their schools — and they took issue with people who are not like them.

“One thing that I was taught in my Marine Corp training is that a scared man will kill you,” he said. “And that's what these boys were. They were scared."

Phillips said that the students’ chaperones, teachers, and instructors should be held accountable for allowing the incident to happen.
Old 01-21-2019, 08:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

My post referring to political speech at Boy Scout Jamboree was deleted, but the meaning of this thread is our youth, and should you not think our children are "learning".....

"A high school basketball team in Minnesota has come under fire — and is now pulling out of a tournament scheduled for Martin Luther King Jr. Day — after its fans displayed a “Trump 2020” flag during a game against predominantly black inner city kids."

Basketball team quits MLK tourney after fans flaunt Trump flag

The hate is contagious...the lack of truth and/or morals is spreading.
Old 01-21-2019, 08:28 AM

Fooled by more fake news.....I stand corrected and apologize for my earlier comments.

Many true videos posted on youtube and here.
Royal Air Force Benson, England
Eielson Air Force Base, AK, Clark AFB, Philippines
Kadena AFB, Okinawa Japan, Yakota AFB, Japan
Osan AB, Pyeongtaek, South Korea, Yangsan Army Garrison, Seoul South Korea
Old 01-21-2019, 08:40 AM
Gold member

Watch the video. The Hebrew Israelites are spewing hateful racist comments at these kids, the Native American guy wades in with his drum beating inches from this kid's face, and the kid is at fault for wearing a MAGA hat? Everybody is way too quick to make judgements based on inaccurate reporting. I expect politicians like the congresswoman to make judgements without facts, but where are the editors who used to make their reporters tell the whole truth?
Old 01-21-2019, 09:16 AM
TOTV Moderator

We have tried to let this thread run as it is an interesting topic with a lot of thoughts and opinions. However, we have reached the point where we are deleting more posts than those that are on topic and within site guidelines, so, sadly, it's time for this thread to be closed.

Closed Thread

Tags
parents, proud

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.