Publix Produce

Closed Thread
Old 03-14-2015, 08:43 AM
Veteran member
Default Publix Produce

Anyone seen Food Chain on Netflix? It may change the way you shop for produce. I won't buy at Publix.
Old 03-14-2015, 08:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter123 View Post
Anyone seen Food Chain on Netflix? It may change the way you shop for produce. I won't buy at Publix.
I ask why? I'd really be interested.
Old 03-14-2015, 11:18 AM
Platinum member

Waiting,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 03-14-2015, 11:45 AM
Sage

Sort of a hit and run statement.
Old 03-14-2015, 12:47 PM
Location: Manhattan, the Bronx, Eastern LI, Village of Woodbury

I really dislike posts that kinda say something scary or upsetting but don't really flesh anything out.

I googled the phrase "Food chains on Netflix" and found a group of items all related to or involving or established by the United Farm Workers Union…. low wages, exploitation claims etc.

Sorry OP, the urgent and so sensitive and progressive little unintelligible blurt failed.
Old 03-14-2015, 12:58 PM
Veteran member
Smile It's a documentary

Food Chains

Judge for yourself.
Old 03-15-2015, 06:23 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalen View Post
Food Chains

Judge for yourself.
Exactly. I thought my post was clear. I said watch Food Chain on Netflix and IT MIGHT CHANGE THE WAY YOU SHOP! Why the negative reaction????? Typical of some posters on TOTV. Make up your own mind IF YOU WATCH THE VIDEO!!!

Thank you Whalen for spoon feeding the others.
Old 03-15-2015, 06:26 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeod View Post
Sort of a hit and run statement.

Not really, make up your own mind if you can after WATCHING THE VIDEO!
Old 03-15-2015, 06:28 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
I ask why? I'd really be interested.
I was clear and concise. You are not. If you are interested then watch the video.
Old 03-15-2015, 06:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Isn't this political?. Like what Walmart pays their workers? I am just glad they have a job and they seem glad they have a job too.

Most of us started somewhere. My husband started on the loading docks breaking down the containers products were shipped in and sometimes it was freezing cold and sometimes it was awful hot. It was during the Berlin crisis when no one wanted to hire young men who might be drafted. I remember KCRazorback said he picked cotton on his family farm. Both my girls worked at McDonalds, for Helene she worked there for her whole working life.

Some people want Costco over Sam's because of these pay issues.

The migrant workers come here and work very hard. You wait and see what happens to them and to their children. They will rise and shine. They will be successful and they will populate the big money lists or their families will. I honor their very hard work just as I honor the people who put on roofs in the Florida summer.

That is what happens. People who work hard in hard conditions usually have got what it takes to continue to succeed.

The expectation that all jobs should pay the same in this country is unrealistic and very kind, but still, not how things work. Well it works in Communist countries.

More on this from the same political slant; http://www.democracynow.org/2014/11/...ilm_tracks_how

Last edited by graciegirl; 03-15-2015 at 07:12 AM.
Old 03-15-2015, 07:11 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Not really, make up your own mind if you can after WATCHING THE VIDEO!
Don't have Nexflix. Was Publix named in the video? How about Winn-Dixie? This was a hit and run statement. If you are going to say something negative, you better be able to support it.
Old 03-15-2015, 07:12 AM
Default the truth

Have had a life time of working with the less fortunate or less educated and really agree with Gracie not everyone can receive the same wage or life style, The world can be very cruel just watch any animal catching their live meal it is not a pretty sight. Many jobs have difficult working conditions but they need to be done so you who complain so much can live here and say how bad all the people are who hire the less fortunate.
Old 03-15-2015, 07:14 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I am not going to watch it. I also don't care what Walmart pays their workers. I am just glad they have a job and they seem glad they have a job too.

Most of us started somewhere. My husband started on the loading docks breaking down the containers products were shipped in and sometimes it was freezing cold and sometimes it was awful hot. It was during the Berlin crisis when no one wanted to hire young men who might be drafted. I remember KCRazorback said he picked cotton on his family farm. Both my girls worked at McDonalds, for Helene she worked there for her whole working life.

Some people want Costco over Sam's because of these issues.

The migrant workers come here and work very hard. You wait and see what happens to them and to their children. They will rise and shine. They will be successful and they will populate the big money lists or their families will.

That is what happens.

The expectation that all jobs should pay the same in this country is unrealistic and very kind, but still, not how things work. Well it works in Communist countries.

More on this; Food Chains: New Film Tracks How Immokalee Workers Won Fair Wages from Corporate Giants | Democracy Now!
Bury your head in the sand if you want. If you watched the documentary you would see that the workers are only asking for a penny more per pound. They are not asking to be paid the same as Bill Gates. To infer that this is communism is insane.

Sometimes people see only what they want to see.
Old 03-15-2015, 07:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Bury your head in the sand if you want. If you watched the documentary you would see that the workers are only asking for a penny more per pound. They are not asking to be paid the same as Bill Gates. To infer that this is communism is insane.

Sometimes people see only what they want to see.
That works both ways, sir.
Old 03-15-2015, 07:29 AM
Platinum member

The OP still has not supported his original post. Why targeting Publix?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.