Putting the Corona Virus into perspective.

Closed Thread
Old 11-30-2020, 10:23 AM
Veteran member

On a positive note, it looks like a vaccine could be released and available in Florida by the end of December. I'm guessing that healthcare workers, the elderly and those with serious health issues will be the first ones to be offered the vaccine. Hospitals are already being lined up to receive and distribute it.
Old 11-30-2020, 11:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoSno View Post
CV deaths are decreasing in Florida.
ArcGIS Dashboards
The TREND, my friend. The CV TREND nationwide is NOT your friend.
Old 11-30-2020, 11:20 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugMom View Post
not so. only last week did i hear about cuomo wanting people to report their neighbors if they saw celebrations of over 10. it's no lie. & no, i didn't see it on fox,...and it's only a conspiracy until documents show up to prove it
If you saw a crack house operating in your neighborhood, YOU would report it - and you would be correct to do your civil duty. It is the same with extra-large parties that are "super spreaders" of this deadly Virus. There was a house party in NYC with 400 young people with no masks on, spreading the CV. Would you report that? Yes, you would! In Rhode Island, there are ZERO beds available! The US is on an EMERGENCY footing - hospital space and Medical Health care are evaporating rapidly in many parts of the US. I, for one, am glad that ONE Governor is looking out for his state. You may not LIKE Gov. Cuomo, but he IS doing his best to publicize the fact that Thanksgiving parties WILL cause increased cases and DEATHS. That IS his job - to protect the people of NY State!
Old 11-30-2020, 11:34 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
Another 100+ post thread about the Covid-19 virus. Raise your hand if this one finally made you change your mind or position about the virus. If not I'm sure there will be another thread along in a day or two that won't change your mind either..
People EVOLVE in their thinking as more and more FACTS come into play. For example, CV - Australia and Japan have done better than the US because they have a HISTORY of fighting Asian Pandemics - the US has avoided one for a 100 years - Asian has not been THAT lucky! Attitudes toward seat belts and speed bumps WERE (past tense) the SAME as attitudes toward mask-wearing in the US are today. That will EVOLVE until such time as a vaccine is accepted by 80% or 90% of US citizens - getting the ANTI-vaccinators on board will also be an exercise in "herding cats"!
Old 11-30-2020, 11:39 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
Sure Covid “coded” deaths continue to be added to the total. Doesn’t it strike you as strange that the 265,000 Covid coded deaths hasn’t effected the death rate in 2020? Maybe it’s because most would have died from their existing health issues. According to the CDC, only 15,000 Covid deaths did not include other health factors ...
Does it NOT strike people as strange that the hospitals around the US are overflowing with patients and nurses are crying on TV and suffering BURNOUT. That was NOT happening before CV. - and the MORGUE trucks were NOT lining up before CV. Modern history will call this period before CV and after CV - it is THAT important - it can't be IGNORED!
Old 11-30-2020, 11:51 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
I also know that while I feel fine, and don't intend to get tested, I COULD easily be a carrier, spreading the sickness to others. And I would really not want to discover that I'm responsible for someone ELSE getting sick, even though I feel fine.

The reason I think it's such a concern though, is because it burdens SO many people. I read some of these posts saying "I don't know anyone affected." And you are all just SO wrong.

You might not know anyone who is SICK. But you know someone who's cousin is sick. or whose daughter's boyfriend's mother died. Or whose housekeeper's grandson has had to work overtime at the hospital because there aren't enough nurses to handle the current influx of people needing hospitalization. And I'm not talking about JUST people with Covid-19. No - those are certainly not the worst problems at the hospitals. Gunshots and heart attacks are worse, of course. But the Covid patients are taking up a lot of space in those hospitals that are now not available for more dire needs.

Did you have to have your yearly checkup via Zoom or some other video chat? If you have, that's because of COVID so yes - you were affected.

Do you have to stand outside the eyeglass place until someone inside leaves, because they're still limiting the number of people allowed in? Then yes - you were affected.

Did your grandkids have to not come to visit, because their state requires them to quarantine for two weeks when they return? Did your mother living in another country have to not come visit, because her country wouldn't let her back in if she travels to the USA? Then yes - you were affected.

The sooner we can get this managed, the better. Because whether you choose to admit it or not, you ARE affected by this virus in one way or another. And the sooner you admit it, acknowledge it, and deal with it, the sooner we can return to something resembling normal again.
This post states REALITY. We are in such an important time period that it will be known as "The pre-COVID period and the after-COVID period!
Old 11-30-2020, 01:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,417 Times in 2,267 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Does it NOT strike people as strange that the hospitals around the US are overflowing with patients and nurses are crying on TV and suffering BURNOUT. That was NOT happening before CV. - and the MORGUE trucks were NOT lining up before CV. Modern history will call this period before CV and after CV - it is THAT important - it can't be IGNORED!
The media shows you what they want you to see and evidently you just eat it up like they want you to.

My wife is a nurse at the hospital that had the first confirmed case of Covid-19 in the country. I asked her if the nurses were burnt out and crying. Her answer was "The last time I saw a nurse cry was when the WOW ran into her shin". Covid patients are just patients that get treated a little differently than the rest. Burnout is a perpetual problem in the medical field. Hospitals almost always work understaffed. Nothing new.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 11-30-2020, 03:32 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,295 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
While I quote facts & statistics you reply with feelings and network news babble. Stop listening to slanted opinions that are presented as news. Here is a link to the actual percentage of available ICU beds in every state in the country. https://healthdata.gov/dataset/covid-19-estimated-patient-impact-and-hospital-capacity-state/resource/82e733c6-7baa-4c65#{currentView:!grid}
Closed Thread

Tags
family, put, air, ventilator, fever

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.