Putting the current Covid death rate in perspective

Closed Thread
Old 06-07-2021, 07:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,177 Times in 4,234 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
In statistics that would be an N of 1. Meaning it is COMPLETELY meaningless (and if you really are a Doctor or maybe your patients are dogs and cats) then you would KNOW statistics - and would NOT have wasted your time by typing and GLORIFYING one person that refused a vaccination. NOW........that is a REAL insult! And I have the imagination to come up with many more!
Glorifying? I gave an example... I have dozens more. Mostly because they don't trust the vaccine... Which the current administration has admitted is a real problem...

And nice insult...

Do I show up at your job and criticize how you make the fries?

-Tom Petty
Old 06-07-2021, 07:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,899 Times in 1,519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
Isn’t it wonderful that the precautions that were taken truly worked to keep the numbers down. With the way things started with people stacked in the streets to the lower numbers today everything is working that was put in place for us. Also as another benefit is the flu numbers were extremely low this year.
That IS great HAPPY TALK and would be even greater if it held up to comparisons with other countries. The US would have about ONLY 300,000 deaths if it had reacted better early on in the pandemic. England got started later than the US but has ONLY about 20% of the DEATHS as the US on an equal population comparison. Australia was WAY better than the US early on and still has fewer deaths on a per capita basis. Finland has something like 15 total CV deaths today and all the Scandinavian countries are better than the US - even Sweden after a terrible "herd immunity " trial has become better than the US.
Part of the reason that most of the world has done better is that they have Universal Health Care. They also have societies that do NOT link public health with political issues - like US Evangelicals and males particularly do NOT accept vaccines. Now it IS TRUE that France, Germany, and Italy are hurting from CV today - much of Europe made mistakes in PURCHASING vaccines. For example, Greece has only about 13% of its people vaccinated.
Old 06-07-2021, 07:20 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
There is now MEDICAL EVIDENCE that asymptomatic CV-infected children have holes in their lungs and enlarged heart.
Where is the proof? You spew all your "knowledge" and never give proof. I asked in a previous post "where's the beef" and still never got proof.
Old 06-07-2021, 07:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,177 Times in 4,234 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Franklin View Post
No, I don't, but I'm sure you'll give me some opinion, and present it as fact.

I find it funny that people have an aversion to this vaccine, when they take FDA approved drugs, that kill thousands every year. Vioxx, alone, killed over 60,000 people. Over 8,000 approved drugs have been taken off the market. 328,000 patients in the U.S. and Europe die from prescription drugs each year. And let's not forget Opioids.
You neglected to include the "may have" and "estimated" in your rant about Vioxx...

Color me not surprised...

-Tom Petty
Old 06-07-2021, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Keep telling yourself that...
Sooo... educate me. Please elaborate on how hospital administrators and billing clerks make medical diagnoses that CMS will reimburse for.
Closed Thread

Tags
covid, dying, chances, die, current

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.