Q&A for Insurance Info and SS# for registering for the vaccine

Closed Thread
Old 01-14-2021, 02:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts
Default Q&A for Insurance Info and SS# for registering for the vaccine

I just received an email from Sumter County with FAQ about the Covid-19 vaccinations. Two of the questions are regarding giving SS# and giving Insurance information when filling out the form for registering for the vaccine. This is a portion of the FAQ page that was sent to me regarding the Saferestart website........

Q: If vaccinations are free, why do I need to provide insurance and personal information?
A: Insurance information is collected to allow the medical professionals administering the vaccine to seek reimbursement. There is no out of pocket cost to you. Additionally, we collect this information ahead of time to help improve the overall safety and efficiency of the site, minimizing the amount of time you need to spend there.

Q: I’m not comfortable entering my Social Security number into your website.
A: This is not a required field, so may choose to skip it.Please make sure to enter your insurance information correctly and bring your insurance card(s) with you to the site on the day of your vaccination

Tags
insurance, information, giving, vaccinations, site

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.