Query for all music buffs out there

Closed Thread
Old 07-29-2020, 04:37 PM
Default Query for all music buffs out there

Looking for thoughts on how one can sell or otherwise dispose of musical instruments.
I have a beautiful Lowrey Rhapsody organ that I have been trying to sell for a while now. Husbands health is necessitating our leaving The Villages and I cannot take it with us. With as many musically inclined people as there seems to be here, I cannot understand why I can't find a "taker". Or does anyone know how I could find a local church that may be interested? Any input would be appreciated. Thank you.
Old 07-29-2020, 05:45 PM

Check with the local churches and offer it to them. If they take it at least you can consider it a charitable contribution.

Or as painful as it sounds, offer it for free on Craigslist and/or your local Facebook and Nextdoor groups with the caveat that it must be moved by professionals.
Old 07-29-2020, 07:49 PM
Veteran member
Default Lowry Organ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inexes@aol.com View Post
Looking for thoughts on how one can sell or otherwise dispose of musical instruments.
I have a beautiful Lowrey Rhapsody organ that I have been trying to sell for a while now. Husbands health is necessitating our leaving The Villages and I cannot take it with us. With as many musically inclined people as there seems to be here, I cannot understand why I can't find a "taker". Or does anyone know how I could find a local church that may be interested? Any input would be appreciated. Thank you.
I agree with the prior poster, offer it for free to small churches and on Craigslist and hope someone takes it. A good friend of mine sold them back in the 80's. There are a lot of these Lowrey's around; my sister has one she has been trying to get rid of for many years. Sorry not to be more positive, and maybe you will have better luck. I hope so.
Old 07-30-2020, 05:20 AM
Default Lowry Organ

A number of years ago we had exactly the same issue and we posted our upright piano on Craig's list. In a couple of hours we had an offer and the people showed up with a trailer the next morning and loaded it and left. I expect there are many people who would be interested in your instrument. As a musician I know the value of musical instruments and it remains nearly forever.
Old 07-30-2020, 05:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

I'd suggest that you post it on Ebay as well...might as well give it as much exposure as possible...and not everybody checks Craig's list
Old 07-30-2020, 11:26 AM
Default Lowrey Organ

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
I'd suggest that you post it on Ebay as well...might as well give it as much exposure as possible...and not everybody checks Craig's list
Had it on eBay for long time. There are hundreds of them listed and I just realized most of them don’t have expiration dates..... must be dealers, selling on eBay.
Old 07-30-2020, 01:52 PM
Soaring Eagle member

That new church in the Ocala National Forest would be happy to take it.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 07-30-2020, 02:40 PM
Default Lowrey Organ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
That new church in the Ocala National Forest would be happy to take it.
Unaware of this one.... any info would be greatly appreciated.... Name, phone number? Thanks.......
Old 08-03-2020, 10:41 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Organ

Judy, I couldn't reply to your PM, because you used an email address. I don't know the information you're looking for, but there was an article in the Daily Sun. they should have the info for you.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Closed Thread

Tags
sell, find, inclined, understand, musically

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.