Question about washing machines

Closed Thread
Old 12-13-2018, 07:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
I don't believe anything that Consumer Reports has to say about anything. I also will never be convinced that cold water effectively cleans anything no matter how many studies that you produce. I use hot water, lots of it.
Okidokie.

I personally believe facts matter, but I also recognize...that viewpoint isn't shared by everyone.
Old 12-13-2018, 08:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Okidokie.

I personally believe facts matter, but I also recognize...that viewpoint isn't shared by everyone.
Sometimes one person's "facts" are an opinion colored by other issues such as energy and water conservation.

It is true that Cincinnati's great scientists at Proctor and Gamble have figured out how to dislodge and break down dirt in cold water, but many of us have been washing clothes and other things for decades and we have acute observation skills as well.

Last edited by graciegirl; 12-13-2018 at 09:00 AM.
Old 12-13-2018, 11:28 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Okidokie.

OK here's a "fact" for you:

In his tell-all book Trust Me: I’m Lying, Media Manipulator Ryan Holiday writes:

“I’m paid to deceive. My job is to lie to the media so they can lie to you. I cheat, bribe, and connive...I orchestrate these deceptions for...high-profile clients... I create and shape the news for them. Usually it’s a simple hustle. Someone pays me, I manufacture a story for them, and we trade it up the chain – from a tiny blog...to cable news and back again, until the unreal becomes real.

I am a born skeptic and worked in IT long enough to know how easy this is to do and how often it is done. Believe whatever you want but remember it is just your interpretation of what you choose to believe and not necessarily the absolute truth.
Old 12-13-2018, 11:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:

In his tell-all book Trust Me: I’m Lying, Media Manipulator Ryan Holiday writes:

“I’m paid to deceive. My job is to lie to the media so they can lie to you. I cheat, bribe, and connive...I orchestrate these deceptions for...high-profile clients... I create and shape the news for them. Usually it’s a simple hustle. Someone pays me, I manufacture a story for them, and we trade it up the chain – from a tiny blog...to cable news and back again, until the unreal becomes real.

I am a born skeptic and worked in IT long enough to know how easy this is to do and how often it is done. Believe whatever you want but remember it is just your interpretation of what you choose to believe and not necessarily the absolute truth.

I agree with your thoughts. I just read this and thought this is a good example of "clickbait" and skewed facts and headlines and content at odds.;

How likely is an earthquake in the Midwest, South? The Big One could be coming
Old 12-13-2018, 11:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:

LOL

Of course some media attempt to skew what they purport to be facts...as we've seen on a national scale of late.

Which is why those who actually care as to what the truth is, will do their own 'fact checking' from a myriad of sources...taking into account the overall veracity of those sources.

Back to the point though, the 'fact' that Consumer Reports refuses ads from any industry/company and are transparent and go into detail as to how they test something, makes your original statement that "I don't believe anything that Consumer Reports has to say about anything"...quite interesting to say the least.

While I may not always agree with them, I do so with the recognition that I'm looking from a very small and limited perspective...that being only my own experience(s).

Which can be very misleading and limiting...for anyone

But hey, everyone is entitled to their own opinions...just not their own facts.

Old 12-13-2018, 12:11 PM
fw102807

Quote:
LOL

Back to the point though, the 'fact' that Consumer Reports refuses ads from any industry/company and are transparent and go into detail as to how they test something, makes your original statement that "I don't believe anything that Consumer Reports has to say about anything"...quite interesting to say the least.
That may or may not be true, but even the truth can be a lie if you tell it right.

Like I said believe whatever you like but don't think that just because you do everyone else is wrong.
Closed Thread

Tags
agitator, agitators, recent, experiences, interested

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.