Rain, rain, go away!

Closed Thread
Old 04-26-2011, 07:15 AM
Sage
Default Rain, rain, go away!

Here in central OH, we're on track to have the wettest April on record. Just glad it hasn't all been snow!! We even had a number of small tornadoes touch down in the area last week, which is pretty unusual for these parts.

While sobbing in my cereal this morning about our local weather woes , I got to thinking about all the wet weather and storm problems others across the country have been experiencing. All it takes is a brief look at the local or national news to see the utter devastation hitting other parts of our nation.

It helps me think twice about whatever we might think about our own little issues. "No matter how bad you might feel you have it, there are others who have it far worse." It applies to so many things in life.

Thoughts and prayers are with those experiencing the worst of Mother Nature this spring.

Bill
Old 04-26-2011, 08:27 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
Here in central OH, we're on track to have the wettest April on record. Just glad it hasn't all been snow!! We even had a number of small tornadoes touch down in the area last week, which is pretty unusual for these parts.

While sobbing in my cereal this morning about our local weather woes , I got to thinking about all the wet weather and storm problems others across the country have been experiencing. All it takes is a brief look at the local or national news to see the utter devastation hitting other parts of our nation.

It helps me think twice about whatever we might think about our own little issues. "No matter how bad you might feel you have it, there are others who have it far worse." It applies to so many things in life.

Thoughts and prayers are with those experiencing the worst of Mother Nature this spring.

Bill
There is a lot of power in prayer.

I have to remind myself when I think things are bad that it could be much worse.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:

Bill
I agree Bill. It is the wettest April on record here in Cincinnati too.

We have had a lot of tornados nationally too and many deaths from tornados.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:50 PM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe
Default wet here too

Since we have been back from TV for 2 weeks we have only had 1 decent day of sunshine....and winter was awful not to mention March....Just enjoy what you have you Villagers it was beautifutl while we were there...poor Texas can't get a drop of rain...wish we could send some their way
Old 05-02-2011, 06:34 PM

Quote:

Bill
We are down in Memphis watching the Mississippi River take over, flooding everywhere. Can't wait to be back in TV in July!!
Be safe up there
Old 05-02-2011, 07:51 PM
Sage

Bill-n-Brillo,

I wish you sunshine soon!
Old 05-02-2011, 08:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post
We are down in Memphis watching the Mississippi River take over, flooding everywhere. Can't wait to be back in TV in July!!
Be safe up there
Mike - I hadn't heard anything about the current weather woes in Memphis.......til I checked out a recent news article. Hope you're safe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Bill-n-Brillo,

I wish you sunshine soon!
Thanks, P. It's Ohio.........we can always hope!!!!

Another inch/inch-and-a-half of rain expected tonight and tomorrow. Pretty soon, I'm gonna need an airboat to be able to mow the yard!

Is there a form we can fill out to send some of this rain down to FL???

Bill
Old 05-03-2011, 07:28 AM

Bill-n-brillo
Looks like we will be OK. but I am starting to get a little worried the animals are walking around two by two
Old 05-03-2011, 08:04 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Hey Bill.... We'll trade you two days of bright sunshine [and 90 degrees] for one day of a good soaking rain! We need it!
Old 05-03-2011, 08:19 AM

We have been back home in the Cleveland area for two weeks and miss the sunshine. Rain has fallen almost every day. At least the Cleveland Indians are winning and brightening up the atmosphere.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:35 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post
Bill-n-brillo
Looks like we will be OK. but I am starting to get a little worried the animals are walking around two by two
If you start hearing "Noah!" echoing in your head, you'll know you've got problems on the horizon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by memason View Post
Hey Bill.... We'll trade you two days of bright sunshine [and 90 degrees] for one day of a good soaking rain! We need it!
Sounds like a fair deal. Now if we can only figure out how to get that accomplished.......

Bill
Old 05-03-2011, 12:35 PM
Sage

Bill:

Do you need volunteers to build an ark.

Seriously, I hope the weather turns for the better.

Best Wishes.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:53 PM

Hey Bill

I appreciate your positive outlook and funny posts.

Sometimes I get into my negative thinking too, then I stop, look around and realize I have some darn good quality problems.

Today I was playing golf in Palos Verdes, Ca with an amazing view of Catalina Island. The sun was shining, I played with some terrific new best friends and realized I could be picking strawberries. Life is so good, it's really about my perception.

Once again, thank you for your great posts, here in California I get your humor. Hope to see you and the wife in TV when we sell our home, we will be full time Froggers.

Take care.

J
Old 05-03-2011, 05:49 PM

we are from Ohio, (cleveland) we have not seen the sun in weeks, everyday rain or drizzle. we need the sun. coming to tv in july, just to enjoy warm weather and sunshine.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:50 PM
Location: Winter - Village of Bonita; Summer - Marblehead, OH

You fellow Ohioans aren't very encouraging.....I'm scheduled to leave lower Paradise for our summer home on Sandusky Bay on Saturday - I hope it doesn't snow!

Today's new friend become tomorrow's family

Ohio - Cleveland, Lakewood, North Ridgeville, North Olmsted, Marblehead, Elyria; Florida - Village of Bonita (2010)
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.