Rain, rain, go away!

Closed Thread
Old 05-03-2011, 10:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak44070 View Post
You fellow Ohioans aren't very encouraging.....I'm scheduled to leave lower Paradise for our summer home on Sandusky Bay on Saturday - I hope it doesn't snow!
Some knuckleheaded weather guy here in central OH said we might get a touch of frost in some low-lying areas around here tomorrow night - wonderful! So bring your snowshoes......and a rowboat!!!

Bill
Old 05-03-2011, 10:21 PM
Sage

2B - I appreciate the offer to help with the ark. No need, though - we kept the one we already built with the neighbors earlier this spring!! The rain just keeps on a-coming!

jh - Thank you for your comments. And you're right: Life is generally what you make of it. Let us know when you get to TV!

Bill
Old 05-04-2011, 07:38 AM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe
Default Hey Bill And Brillo

Weather update here in Indaina...ok today and tomorrow...although looks like rain outside my window to me....but Friday thru Sun rain again...gotta have a sense of humor about it!!!

Would gladly share with the Villages!!!
Old 05-04-2011, 07:43 AM
Gold member
Default just got back to Central Ohio

Left The Villages Sunday, stopped in NC for 2 beautiful days, got here last night - rain was down to a drizzle most of the way from the WV border and even stopped for awhile. This morning is again gray and cloudy, driveway is wet so it must have rained again last night!

Positive side: everything is really, really green and it looks like we didn't miss Ohio's lovely spring after all, as it hasn't really started in earnest yet - too cold!

Note to self: come back a little later next year.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:46 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
2B - I appreciate the offer to help with the ark. No need, though - we kept the one we already built with the neighbors earlier this spring!! The rain just keeps on a-coming!

jh - Thank you for your comments. And you're right: Life is generally what you make of it. Let us know when you get to TV!

Bill
Bill:

I have always enjoyed your sense of humor.

How ironic it is that I am posting this at work and it is raining cats and dogs.

I hope the rain and gloomy days let up so you enjoy some sunshine.

I hope to meet you someday in TV.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:19 AM
Smile central Ohio

We spent eleven wonderful days at our new home in Lynhaven with only one small five minute rain shower. Here in Circleville, Ohio, it is 45 degrees and, of course, raining. I had planted a few things in the garden before we left here. I suppose it has washed away--it's too wet to go check. The lawn is about knee high, too, from all the rain. When the poor farmers here are able to get in the fields, it may be too late to plant. I had cleaned, weeded and mulched flower beds and have hostas everywhere! Tulips are just finishing and iris are making buds. Hydrangeas can't wait for a little sun--spring is beautiful--- north and south.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:33 AM

I m soooo happy we will be leaving Ohio for good and moving to TV June 25. Seems like Ohio weather has deteriorated these past 4-5 years. Can't even buy a few days of sunshine until late May or June.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:00 PM

All you Ohioans, get out your sunglasses!!!!! As on 3:00 PM today the sun is shining in Cleveland!!!
Old 05-04-2011, 03:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogolf View Post
All you Ohioans, get out your sunglasses!!!!! As on 3:00 PM today the sun is shining in Cleveland!!!
It must feel like it's shining all over the world.

... but it's a rainy night in GA.
Old 05-04-2011, 03:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogolf View Post
Lucky you!!!

Still "the cloak of gloom" in central OH............ But at least it's not supposed to rain again until Friday!!!

Bill
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.