Rate Increase for Amazon Prime

Closed Thread
Old 04-30-2018, 08:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance View Post
It would be environmentally positive to give people the option to opt out of junk mail. The people would love it. Maybe reduce mail to Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

Reduce the postal service staff by 35+%, give them relocation options to border patrol jobs.

Win, win
Now that's thinking out of the box. Opt out of junk mail? Can you imagine how many car keys the local dealers would be stuck with?
Old 04-30-2018, 08:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Now that's thinking out of the box. Opt out of junk mail? Can you imagine how many car keys the local dealers would be stuck with?
90% of what goes in my box is junk. Since I get email pictures of my mail, if not for the box filling with junk, I could probably empty my box every three months.

But no, I have to go empty it Weekly and throw all those car keys in the postal garbage.

End those lobbies.
Old 05-01-2018, 07:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post

"But the Postal Service says all such deals it makes are profitable — and must be by law.

An independent body, the Postal Regulatory Commission, oversees the rates that the Postal Service charges for its products. By law, the agreements it cuts with corporate customers like Amazon must cover their “attributable costs” that directly result from their use of the postal network.

Amazon helps lower those costs by organizing the packages it takes to the Post Office by destination ZIP code in over 35 sorting centers around the country, leaving less work that must be done by postal workers. The company relies on the Postal Service strictly for last-mile delivery to customers, short trips that further limit the cost of delivering each package.

Is Amazon Bad for the Postal Service? Or Its Savior? - The New York Times

Funny how facts interrupt ...
Facts Matter!

Thanks for providing some.
Old 05-01-2018, 07:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
I have drastically cut back on order's from Amazon in the last six months. After years of flawless service, we have been shipped two different items in a row that were undoubtedly used, scratched and dented with no manual included and a pair of scuffed up, badly, Zumba shoes. This is the second year in succession that our yearly Prime fee was $$ Zero $$. I would rather pay and not wonder if my next order will be here on time and new.

I've also read that every shipment I get from Amazon hurt the U.S. Postal Service financially. I don't know if this is true or false but I don't want to be a participant if this turns out to be a FACT.

Another $20 a year is the Icing on the Cake. Adios Prime!
Consider the source of this statement..................
Old 05-01-2018, 08:00 AM
Gold member

I don't know if Amazon is a good deal for the post office or not, but I do know that if Amazon didn't use the post office, there would be thousands of post office workers out of a job. Sorry, but articles in the New York Times and on NPR don't always sat "truth" to me. I love Amazon, use it a lot, and also love Prime, even with the modest increase in price. I recently needed to replace four backup batteries in my smoke alarms, and found that two 9 volt batteries cost $7.99 at a retailer in The Villages, I purchased four batteries on Amazon for a total of $6.99, no tax, shipped for free, arriving two days later.
Old 05-01-2018, 08:13 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post
I don't know if Amazon is a good deal for the post office or not, but I do know that if Amazon didn't use the post office, there would be thousands of post office workers out of a job. Sorry, but articles in the New York Times and on NPR don't always sat "truth" to me. I love Amazon, use it a lot, and also love Prime, even with the modest increase in price. I recently needed to replace four backup batteries in my smoke alarms, and found that two 9 volt batteries cost $7.99 at a retailer in The Villages, I purchased four batteries on Amazon for a total of $6.99, no tax, shipped for free, arriving two days later.
I too love Amazon Prime but have recently realized that if the price seems to good to be true it is sometimes a knock off or returned item. Once I ordered something and it was shipped from China. They sell a lot of 3rd party stuff and probably have no way to verify if the stuff is totally legit. The good thing is though they will take back almost anything.
Old 05-01-2018, 08:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Consider the source of this statement..................
Actually, while nobody is perfect and mistakes are made, I find it a bit unnerving to have Americans attacking a real American success story like Amazon. Not speaking of mistakes in shipping or the like, but attacking them in general, basically because the owner also owns other companies (WAPO)
Old 05-01-2018, 04:39 PM

We use it a lot. Well worth it for the convince .
Old 05-01-2018, 08:12 PM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY

the beauty of capitalism is that you are free to choose .. no need to make a big deal of things .. if 20 dollars a year is enough to make you go to an alternate solution .. so be it .. be thankful you have options ..
Old 05-01-2018, 09:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Amazon Music and Amazon Prime Video are excellent apps and worth the price of admission. And shopping is crazy easy as a plus.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 05-01-2018, 09:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,421 Times in 2,268 Posts

The amount of fuel and time I save by not having to drive to the store alone is worth it. Being able to get just about everything in one place is also a bonus.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 05-01-2018, 09:13 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

4k movies and original series = worth it
Old 05-02-2018, 08:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

I would think that someone could conclude if they read everything about a particular subject that their reality can be chosen from one of the points of view that have been written and posted and colored and be put in bold type and the first is the typical attack mode and then circle the wagons with like-minded people to promote your reality to bury one person at any cost. Not me, a bigger fish in a bigger pond. Is it possible that the perceived shortage of shipment funds from Amazon could be in FACT real? Is it possible? Just admit it is possible that the U.S.P.S. could possibly be losing money on the deal they cut with Amazon? Has the Government ever made bad financial decisions before? We know Nothing for sure. Facts when it comes to the government and financial dealing are on a swivel. Adjust the facts to suit your outlook. I'm out on Amazon. I'm going to spread my millions amongst local businesses and keep local people working. For those of you who are staying I don't blame you one bit. It is a great deal and very good service. No hard feelings. Good Luck.
Old 05-02-2018, 08:48 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,023 Times in 455 Posts

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -- Mark Twain
Old 05-02-2018, 08:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
I would think that someone could conclude if they read everything about a particular subject that their reality can be chosen from one of the points of view that have been written and posted and colored and be put in bold type and the first is the typical attack mode and then circle the wagons with like-minded people to promote your reality to bury one person at any cost. Not me, a bigger fish in a bigger pond. Is it possible that the perceived shortage of shipment funds from Amazon could be in FACT real? Is it possible? Just admit it is possible that the U.S.P.S. could possibly be losing money on the deal they cut with Amazon? Has the Government ever made bad financial decisions before? We know Nothing for sure. Facts when it comes to the government and financial dealing are on a swivel. Adjust the facts to suit your outlook. I'm out on Amazon. I'm going to spread my millions amongst local businesses and keep local people working. For those of you who are staying I don't blame you one bit. It is a great deal and very good service. No hard feelings. Good Luck.
Could you spend some of those millions on a paragraph structure lesson? My eyes hurt, but I totally agree with you, as usual. USPS does NOTHING but lose money. They are not above cooking the books.

They are civil service... = complete incompetence and zero accountability.
Closed Thread

Tags
rate, increase, prime, videos, watch

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.