recommendation for use of our new Air Fryer

Closed Thread
Old 05-14-2021, 07:29 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
I have that model and love it! Much better than my old air fryer. You need to go to YouTube and subscribe to Fabulessly Frugal. She has great recipes and hints and tips. She also just came out with an e-cookbook. Plus this is the model she uses most. Here is a link to her starter one. The Ultimate BEGINNERS GUIDE to Air Frying → How to Use an Air Fryer: ALL You Need to Know - YouTube
Used the air fryer for the first time last night. BTW, thanks for the link (above) re youtube instruction videos. So informative!!!

So first, made a side dish of cut-up small potatoes, carrots, and brocolli. Marinated all in a bowl with a bit of soy sauce and light no-salt, Mrs Dash, pepper. And a tiny bit of olive oil. Used the 'root veggie' selection - 400 for 12 minutes I held out the broc until 1/2 done and the 'shake' command alerted. They all came out reeeaaally nice - crispy and perfectly done.

Then cod pieces - light batter with flour/egg/panko. Used the 'fish setting' 350 8 min. Used perf parch paper under the fish. Viola' perfect.

Only issue was that the veggies (now in a covered pyrex dish) cooled off a bit and developed condensation while sitting. Need to determine how to time entree & sides using one fryer.

The Cosori 5.8 qt was perfect and so easy to use and clean (esp after the videos...)

So, in the end - rather than using a skillet on the stove, we saved using much more oil, splatter on stovetop, oily food,more cleanup, not too crisp etc - to AirFryer with much quicker cook times - great texture, and crisp. Less energy use too. This air fryer was $99 on Amazon.

Thanks to all for the great comments - so helpful! yay ToTV.
Old 05-17-2021, 07:23 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

so, now after having the Air Fryer for a couple weeks and using it about 6 times, very very happy. Must say, inititally the main reason we got it was because of friend's recommendations, but was unsure how we would use it.

And now we definitely see how useful it truly is. It's just like a small handy convection oven. We've used it for fish, chicken, potatoes, root veggies, and a couple frozen hashed brown patties. Everything turned out so good, using very lttle if any olive oil (spray). All with a crispy texture.

Used to sautee'/pan fry a lot. Problem with that seemed to be lack of crispyness and oil use. We feel better eating foods prepped with far less oil - and quick cooking with easy clean up. It's now our go-to cooking device.

The Cosori 5.8qt model we got from Amazon is perfect for us. And we were pleased in viewing many youtube vids, after the purchase, that this one is very highly rated. We got it for under $100, it's now $119... Amazon does this with their prices it seems.

Tags
air, fryer, thought, good, recommendation

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.