recommendation for use of our new Air Fryer

Closed Thread
Old 05-13-2021, 06:30 AM

Hard boil eggs
Old 05-13-2021, 06:50 AM
Default Try Rolls

Our Cosari died during the third use. We replaced it with a Power XL. Try baking Pillsbury cinnamon rolls and biscuits (small tubes). Set temp to 340, preheat, and they take just 4 min to cook directly on the fryer pan!
Old 05-13-2021, 07:01 AM

We use ours mostly for fish and chicken wings. Delish!
Old 05-13-2021, 07:04 AM

This is the airfryer I have had for a year! Love it. Wings, chicken, brauts, fries, steak,
Italian sausage, chicken tenders all great!
I used a few recipes at first from the book and started googling airfryer recipes. I do use the temperatures from the guide and always preheat! Enjoy@
Old 05-13-2021, 07:19 AM
Default Spray

The aerosol spray supposedly ruins the coating on the inside of the basket...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelz View Post
I love mine and use it a lot! At first, I used olive oil and bought a spritzer for it. My daughter told me to use the olive oil pan spray and that works perfect!!!
Old 05-13-2021, 07:23 AM

We do a lot of “real” cooking with our air fryer, but find it is great for quick meals with frozen food. We love frozen egg rolls, Frozen “Veggie Tots”, “crispy carrots” , frozen wings...
I love to cook, and cook daily, but for the “ we just got home and want something quick” meals, we use this a lot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
Just received our new 5.8 qt air fryer. We do a lot of cooking dinners at home, and tended to use skillet with olive oil etc for stirfry veggies, fish, and such. Thought an air fryer would be a very good alternative. It came with a 100pg recipe book.

Thought I'd ask The Villages cooks out there what good recommendations THEY have? Thx in advance,
Old 05-13-2021, 07:45 AM

We use it for everything, FF, Chicken, Pork Chops etc...all come put perfect..anything you normally fry in grease can be done in this; we have two one in motorhome and one for home...like everything else, learn to use it...healthy
Old 05-13-2021, 07:48 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Many thanks (so far) for the suggestions. FIRST use will be tonight. We plan on a couple COD pieces (probably crusted with the flour/egg/panko). And side of thin-sliced mini potatoes with carrots and mini peppers and brocolli, airfry those all together first, then fish.

Will use the spray olive oil on the veggies, maybe a light marinade first.

Would typically prep all this in a skillet with (poured) olive oil, so this will be a good test. Less mess (oil residue on the stove top), and hopefully crispy texture.

Glad I got the larger size (5.8 qt).
Old 05-13-2021, 08:24 AM

Food with a coating like your piano cod will need a spritz of oil to help crisp the coating. Consider buying some parchment paper rounds with small holes in them to lay in the bottom of your basket cleanup will be a breeze, you can them on amazon. Especially good for messy wings
Old 05-13-2021, 08:31 AM

Salmon, steak, and tater tots
Old 05-13-2021, 08:47 AM

I have that model and love it! Much better than my old air fryer. You need to go to YouTube and subscribe to Fabulessly Frugal. She has great recipes and hints and tips. She also just came out with an e-cookbook. Plus this is the model she uses most. Here is a link to her starter one. The Ultimate BEGINNERS GUIDE to Air Frying → How to Use an Air Fryer: ALL You Need to Know - YouTube

Also make sure to join the Facebook group that is in your user's manual/information that came with the unit. Lots of great ideas and recipes from subscribers. I have a couple of cookbooks from Amazon as well but I find more online.

Just play with it and have fun! I love doing pork chops in mine. BTW....the easiest way to clean it? Dawn Power Wash!
Old 05-13-2021, 08:55 AM

We use it for bacon 3 times a week, cooks great. Have cooked pork lion, fries, frozen foods, chicken. I really like mine.
Old 05-13-2021, 08:55 AM

Reheating Pizza 3 mins, fries 8 mins, Hot dogs 4 min. put the bun on top for another minute, Blackend shrimp, Biscuits, hash browns, etc. It's a wonderful device and cuts down the energy the big oven uses up no more preheating. Pretty much greaseless.
Old 05-13-2021, 12:48 PM

Coated shrimp, chicken wings, onion rings, tempura, fries, Tater tots, waffle fries, and fish work well in our air fryer. We have our own happy hour! The tots are a favorite and no additional oil needed. You will be surprised how greasy restaurant fries are after this experience.
Old 05-13-2021, 01:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdesensi View Post
Salmon, steak, and tater tots
I bought some mini tater tots for our 1-yr-old grandson last year. There was half a bag left afterward, so my husband decided to try them in the little air fryer we have (2 qt). He thinks they're great, so we keep them on hand.

He likes hamburgers, chicken thighs with a rub on them, pork chops, wings, and chicken tenders, all done in that little air fryer. I bought him an air fryer cookbook for Christmas--air fryer recipes for two people.

Ever since discovering this air fryer, he has stopped using the grill, for which I'm very grateful because the grease catcher was never emptied on time before the dog nosed it. My husband and friends say meat comes out juicier from the air fryer than from the grill.

Tags
air, fryer, thought, good, recommendation

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.