Remember Jane Fonda?

Closed Thread
Old 11-20-2020, 06:13 AM
Default GreenPeace is not what it was

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelingal702 View Post
I'm sure there are many military retirees/veterans who remember Jane Fonda of the 70's and the irreparable harm she did, as HANOI JANE.

Well, I've just discovered that she is the spokesperson for GREENPEACE, an organization to which I've contributed over the years.

I've just mailed a letter requesting they remove my name from their mailing list, as I will no longer be a contributor to an organization that has a traitor as their spokesperson.

Just putting in my two cents and FYI for those interested.
Greepeace did a complete 180 years ago. It's not the organization it once was, far from it. The co founder left some years ago as they went in a left leaning direction and their agenda's changed. Dr Patrick Moore is well worth paying attention to. Catch him on youtube. Just tap in patrick moore huckerbee and watch the interview!
Old 11-20-2020, 06:20 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
I'm sure there are many military retirees/veterans who remember Jane Fonda of the 70's and the irreparable harm she did, as HANOI JANE.

Well, I've just discovered that she is the spokesperson for GREENPEACE, an organization to which I've contributed over the years.

I've just mailed a letter requesting they remove my name from their mailing list, as I will no longer be a contributor to an organization that has a traitor as their spokesperson.

Greenpeace is no better than Jane. They deserve each other
Old 11-20-2020, 06:21 AM
Platinum member
Default Jane" tokyo rose" fonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjohnson View Post
jane fonda was a true heroin to those of us in vietnam during the conflict. Those of us that served and had sufficient gray matter to understand what she was doing for soldiers was wonderful. I love you jane and will forever be great full for your commitment to saving young american soldiers lives.
jane fonda's goal was to help sap the will of the american forces fighting in vietnam. She was encouraging our soldiers not to fight and disobey orders received from their officers. She was giving aid and comfort to the enemy
similar to california born tokyo rose who did the same to our soldiers, pilots, and sailors.
Tokyo rose was fined and convicted for treason and spent 10 years in prison and jane fonda escaped punishment
Old 11-20-2020, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hape2Bhr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJohnson View Post
Jane Fonda was a true heroin to those of us in Vietnam during the conflict. Those of us that served and had sufficient gray matter to understand what she was doing for soldiers was wonderful. I love you Jane and will forever be great full for your commitment to saving young American soldiers lives.

Please name one soldier she saved?

I wonder if the soldier that passed her the note during a handshake feels as JJ does? She gave it to the guards. He was beaten to h_ll.
I know that Naval Aviator that passed the note. Following the incident, he wound up having both of his arms broken by his captors along with other injuries. I worked for him in London. I was one of his aides. On my first day at the HQ, I was advised by a friend that there were 2 words never to utter in his presence. I guess you can figure out what they were.
Old 11-20-2020, 06:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,046 Times in 5,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie66 View Post
I know that Naval Aviator that passed the note. Following the incident, he wound up having both of his arms broken by his captors along with other injuries. I worked for him in London. I was one of his aides. On my first day at the HQ, I was advised by a friend that there were 2 words never to utter in his presence. I guess you can figure out what they were.
Thank you so much for sharing.
Old 11-20-2020, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJohnson View Post
Jane Fonda was a true heroin to those of us in Vietnam during the conflict. Those of us that served and had sufficient gray matter to understand what she was doing for soldiers was wonderful. I love you Jane and will forever be great full for your commitment to saving young American soldiers lives.
Is that so? A true heroine (not heroin as that is a dangerous drug). This person, for lack of a much worse word, was and still is a disgrace to millions of American soldiers and their families. She should have stayed there and become their spokesperson, just like Tokyo Rose did for the Japanese. A godless person.
Old 11-20-2020, 06:39 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,139 Times in 882 Posts

I have to admit I didn't know about "Hanoi Jane" so I researched it and found out she never meant to disrespect any Americans and apologized many times for the unfortunate picture that she mistakenly got involved with. Doesn't she deserve to be forgiven? We all make stupid mistakes.
“It happened on my last day in Hanoi…The translator told me that the soldiers wanted to sing me a song… The soldiers asked me to sing for them in return…I memorized a song called Day Ma Di, written by anti-war South Vietnamese students. I knew I was slaughtering it, but everyone seemed delighted that I was making the attempt. I finished. Everyone was laughing and clapping, including me… someone (I don’t remember who) led me towards the gun, and I sat down, still laughing, still applauding. It all had nothing to do with where I was sitting. I hardly even thought about where I was sitting. The cameras flashed…

It is possible that it was a set up, that the Vietnamese had it all planned. I will never know. But if they did I can’t blame them. The buck stops here. If I was used, I allowed it to happen. It was my mistake and I have paid and continue to pay a heavy price for it… I have apologized numerous times for any pain I may have caused servicemen and their families because of this photograph. It was never my intention to cause harm.”
Old 11-20-2020, 06:40 AM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
To me that was inexcusable and her citizenship should have been revoked while she spent the rest of her life in hard labor.

Lots of people protested the war without giving aid and comfort to the enemy.
I am Vietnamese and I totally agree with you. Her action and picture of seat an anti-aircraft gun will be forever in our mind as a traitor, the communist using those as a weapon, we lost our country, our home and grateful to settle in the country with freedom as America. Don't stay in this country and support what you do not know, look at million people die on the sea just try to get out of communist. Shame on her, I wish to have a chance to face her
Old 11-20-2020, 06:44 AM

Quote:

Thanks!!! She is no good!!!!!!!
Old 11-20-2020, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
First thank you for your service.

There were many ways to show you disagreed with what we did. It just seems to me that was she did was treasonous giving aid and comfort to the enemy.
Many share your opinion but is this really what she was doing or was she exposing the failed policies of of bad leadership? Is blindly following (and keeping quiet) about bad and sometimes immoral policies always the right thing to do? Reminds me of Mark Twain's quote "Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Many are way too quick to equate country with government.
Old 11-20-2020, 06:53 AM

I enter the US Army Military Police July 31 1972, while Vietnam was still going on. I thank Jane Fonda for her courageous activities to help shorten this horrible and mistaken war. Reports of her giving notes written by POWs to captures is false, easy to check out. Thank you Jane for helping to shorten the war and saving many lives, possibly mine.

Last edited by jeffy; 11-20-2020 at 07:05 AM.
Old 11-20-2020, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
In my native country and almost anywhere else in the world a traitor would have been hung as an example, but I guess here we are more civil.
The traitors? Really?
The traitors are the faceless oligarchs that control wealth in our country. The industrial military complex. The politicians that many people blame are just puppets. The mass media outlets are a machine; manipulated by the very same people that profit from war. We all witnessed these last four years the extent to which they will go to maintain control or as we saw most recently the money they will spend to get it back. Get ready folks, more money is made by war than building bridges.
Old 11-20-2020, 07:22 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,245 Times in 450 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahabs View Post
Many share your opinion but is this really what she was doing or was she exposing the failed policies of of bad leadership? Is blindly following (and keeping quiet) about bad and sometimes immoral policies always the right thing to do? Reminds me of Mark Twain's quote "Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Many are way too quick to equate country with government.
In my opinion it’s was more about her aiding the enemy. When she gave the note to them that’s when why she was there didn’t matter anymore. Had it been your loved one that passed her the note......where would you stand?
Old 11-20-2020, 07:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

This is interesting.
The Colonel name in the story, completely denies it ever happened.

Col. Jerry Driscoll Debunks the Jane Fonda Vietnam Hoax - YouTube
Old 11-20-2020, 07:29 AM

Don’t be so naive. Vietnam like all wars was blood and guts, death and hell. Jane Fonda knew exactly what she was doing. Her statements apologizing ring hollow. She can’t apologize to those that died and suffered. She can’t apologize to those families who lost their sons, who lost their fathers. She can’t apologize to those that survived because we know all the real truth.
Closed Thread

Tags
jane, remember, organization, spokesperson, fonda

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.