Retirement: Best Thing about not having a Boss

Closed Thread
Old 02-05-2015, 10:27 AM
Sage

I've had bosses that became like family and I had a couple of bosses, from hell!

Some people really enjoy their careers and want/need to work. There are people who haven't enjoyed going to work and retirement looked like a great option.

After your retired for awhile, you will realized that you are more relaxed and want to have a continuous enjoyment of doing, "what you want , when you want and with whom you may want". You may even wonder how you have had the time to work, as they are so many enjoyable things to do here in TV.

Like all things, one most focus on good thoughts and put the thoughts of stress behind them, as you will no longer be controlled by someone else's demands/wishes.

People at work who showed they really cared about you will stay in touch and those who really don't care about you, won't. I found it amusing how some people I worked with thought some of the people they were close to, would stay in touch and they didn't. In one instance, I was amazed, a good friend of mine, (coworker),was so disappointed, his so called best buddy at work, dropped the friendship, like a rock, (my boss from hell).

Retirement is great and very relaxing. IMHO

BTW - I don't miss anything about work!!! One must move on to more enjoyable pursuits and let go of the stress, of working!

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 02-05-2015, 10:31 AM
Veteran member

I'm retired but still have a boss only now it's my doctor! He tells me what to do and what not to do........
Old 02-05-2015, 05:28 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
I would guess that many people tend to maintain the same busy schedules in retirement that they had when they were working. Type A personalities don't stop being type A just because they're retired.
Hi villages PL: I agree with your assessment but another factor beside energy (Type A) i interests which is why some folks have an easier transition. There are many examples in every industry and or profession where people work until they drop because ther interest is their love for what they do.

Too often people feel they want to retire but what they really want is just a break. In my previous life I had employees who after up to a year came to my office begging for me to rehire them. finally I believe more people retire because of political considerations (climate) than for any other reasons....My boss doesn't know,,, this is not the same company I started with.... Home Office has no idea what we do out here...................................
Old 02-05-2015, 05:42 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,769 Times in 3,637 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
You mean when you retire you're not supposed to have a boss?? Would somebody tell my wife that!?! [emoji8]
Sounds like you have a Bear of a wife.

Old 02-06-2015, 03:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
You mean when you retire you're not supposed to have a boss?? Would somebody tell my wife that!?! [emoji8]
That would be un/BEAR/able to me.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.