Area Dancing Opportunities

Closed Thread
Old 02-17-2011, 10:24 AM
Default Area Dancing Opportunities

Are there any local clubs that have dinner dances such as Elks Lodges, Moose Lodges, etc? Also, are there any local places where they have live dance music other than the town squares? We are aware that there is dancing at Katie Belle's.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:53 AM
Dancing Thyme

Are you thinking of ballroom dancing or rock n roll?? There's a American Legion that has shows and they have a wonderful dancefloor. You can call them or check the Sun to see what shows will be coming up. The Legion is on 466 and Rolling Acres. If its rock n roll, there are many restaurants around town that have dancing. Just to name a few, RJ Gators on Wed and Sat nights, Urban Flats on Friday night, Havana CC on Monday and Tuesday nights, and if you like Blues and Boogie music, McCalls has music and dancing Tues, Fri and Sat, I believe.
Hope this helps.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 02-17-2011, 12:04 PM
Sage

As soon as I saw the title of this thread, I new KathieI would respond.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:32 PM
Default Area Dancing Opportunities

Many, many thanks for your quick reply with very useful info. My wife and I visited The Villages yesterday for a quick look around and were blown away by all the available activities. We love to dance but prefer live music if it is good music. We heard from friends who used to go dancing in Leesburg at an Elks lodge or VFW, etc. Have you heard about any dancing in Leesburg?

Also, we would dearly love to move to The Villages but would have to sell our home in Palmetto first and real estate isn't moving around here as yet.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:24 AM

Hi, Katie1.

We've corresponded before about dance places in The Villages and I thank you for your feedback. We are very interested in ballroom dancing opportunities and don't see too many of those in The Villages. I am not interested in dancing in one of the small rooms at a rec center to CD's We are very comfortable with lounge music and don't need strictly ballroom or big band music. What we are doing in the area that we live in now is to go to local Elks or Moose Lodges that have large dance floors.

I got an email from Angela Privett, a real estate saleslady that is helping us to buy something at The Villages, with the following:

Try Nancy Lopez Country Club on a Friday night or Urban Flats or Tierra del Sol on Thursday, Friday or Sunday. Also, Mallory Hill and Havana Country Clubs on Thursday, Friday or Saturday with outside dancing. The outside dancing smacked of dancing on cement as at the Town Squares and as you well know, that can be a real challenge. She also mentioned Orange Blossom Opry in Weirsdale. Do the above places have a good-sized dance floor?

We especially like to go to places that have dining and dancing available. Are there any Elks or Moose Lodges or other similar clubs in the area? What about Clermont or Leesburg? I forgot to mention that the info from Angela was forwarded to her from a Nancy Swanson. You probably know her as you like to dance so much. We realize also that dance opportunities will be severely limited during high season.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give us.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:43 AM
Veteran member

Hi Dapster, there is a very nice Elks Club in Ocala that has dining and dancing. There are at least 3 membership only (they have to limit the number in order to have adequate room for dancing) ballroom dancing clubs in TV. The Rec Center News lists some other ballroom (and other) dancing opportunities; here is the link to the online edition the listings to the individual club events are in the last part of the online edition; at the front part of the paper edition that is available each Thursday at the recreation centers). You need to look at the Rec Center News every week, since the listings will change from week to week. On other words, an event that takes place only once a month will usually appear only in the Rec Centers News for the week prior to that event:
http://www.thevillagesdailysun.com/a...es/recnews.pdf

Measure your wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you wouldn't take money.
The world needs dreamers; the world needs 'do'-ers. But most of all, the world needs dreamers who are do-ers.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:23 AM
Dancing Thyme

Hi Dapster.. Freeda is correct, check the rec center news for any ballroom dancing opportunities. Matter of fact, my neighbor is a fantastic ballroom dancer and I know that he and his wife go out many times a week to different club dances. I think they also go to Katie Belle's a lot.

As far as things outside the villages, I'm not too familiar with them but I can tell you the latest on what's happening here in the Villages right now.

I didn't know that Nancy Lopez has dancing but I do know that Urban Flats has dancing (and a large dance floor) many nights, but not to a live band, mostly to karaoke or individual guitar players or DJ's. The same hold true for Red Sauce on Friday nights, small dance floor but terrific R&R dance music to karaoke singers. RJ Gator's has the same on Wed nights and Saturday nights.

Waterfront hotel has a wonderful dance floor and has music most nights, you'll need to check the Daily Sun to find out who's playing. We just started a Sunday afternoon event at Waterfront and have had a great turn out for our first time last week.

If you like swing music and blues and boogie, McCalls still has music on Tues and Friday nights, great dance floor and some really great dancers.

Please let me know if your coming to town and we can try to catch up and talk in person.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.