Riding for Kids with Cancer

Closed Thread
Old 07-09-2021, 11:42 AM
Bosoxfan
Default Riding for Kids with Cancer

Say to ‘HI’ to our new Great Cycle Challenge ambassador… 6-year-old Myla! 🤗

Myla’s cancer journey started when her mom noticed some lumps on her neck. They rushed to the doctor who ran multiple tests for strep throat and mono, which came back negative.

But as they were driving home, Myla and her mom received a call from the doctor telling them to “go straight to hospital”. 🥺

The next morning, just before Myla’s 6th birthday, she was diagnosed with pre-B cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia. 💔

Just three weeks into her cancer treatment, Myla began losing movement in her hands and had trouble breathing…

After multiple tests, it was determined that Myla was also suffering from a neurological disease, unrelated to her cancer. She then had to endure an intense 2 weeks of rehabilitation.

Today, Myla is in the delayed intensification phase of her cancer treatment. She has various tutors, teachers and health professionals who visit her home to help her with her health and online education.

Myla is also a passionate dancer and when her ballet recital was cancelled in May 2020 due to covid, Myla still got dressed up in her ballet costume and danced the day away in her backyard. 🩰

As her mom told us, “Myla has worked very hard in all of her therapies and is making great strides with her mobility. She has been so incredibly positive and upbeat. She is a shining light after all she has been through and she simply amazes me with her resilience.”

Myla… keep dancing, laughing and sharing all of your amazing talents with the world! 💞

YOU will be in our hearts and minds when we ride this September… we’re riding for YOU! 💖

I will be riding 500 miles in September. If you would like to donate here's the link

greatcyclechallenge.com/Riders/MarkCollette

Thanks for Helping!!
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210709-091041_Facebook.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	90073  
Old 07-09-2021, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosoxfan View Post

Myla’s cancer journey started when her mom noticed some lumps on her neck. They rushed to the doctor who ran multiple tests for strep throat and mono, which came back negative.

But as they were driving home, Myla and her mom received a call from the doctor telling them to “go straight to hospital”. 🥺

The next morning, just before Myla’s 6th birthday, she was diagnosed with pre-B cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia. 💔

Just three weeks into her cancer treatment, Myla began losing movement in her hands and had trouble breathing…

After multiple tests, it was determined that Myla was also suffering from a neurological disease, unrelated to her cancer. She then had to endure an intense 2 weeks of rehabilitation.

Today, Myla is in the delayed intensification phase of her cancer treatment. She has various tutors, teachers and health professionals who visit her home to help her with her health and online education.

Myla is also a passionate dancer and when her ballet recital was cancelled in May 2020 due to covid, Myla still got dressed up in her ballet costume and danced the day away in her backyard. 🩰

As her mom told us, “Myla has worked very hard in all of her therapies and is making great strides with her mobility. She has been so incredibly positive and upbeat. She is a shining light after all she has been through and she simply amazes me with her resilience.”

Myla… keep dancing, laughing and sharing all of your amazing talents with the world! 💞

YOU will be in our hearts and minds when we ride this September… we’re riding for YOU! 💖

I will be riding 500 miles in September. If you would like to donate here's the link

Thanks for Helping!!
I'm in! Kids are my cause!
Old 07-09-2021, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosoxfan View Post

Thanks for Helping!!
Wait! Your website shows bicycles. Are you riding 500 miles on a bicycle??
Old 07-12-2021, 07:30 PM
Bosoxfan

Yes I am . 500 miles for the month of September...

Thank you for your generous donation
Old 07-12-2021, 07:32 PM
Bosoxfan

This September I am riding 500 miles on my bike to try to raise money for Kids With Cancer!!

Please help as these kids are battling a disease no child should ever have to fight. Your donation is for research to help their battle to be more tolerable.

All donations are greatly appreciated by these children.

Thank You!

Let's Kick Cancer's Ass !!

You can donate at

Closed Thread

Tags
myla, cancer, mom, riding, home

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.