Rifles, Rails and History 2017

Closed Thread
Old 09-03-2017, 07:34 AM
Default Rifles, Rails and History 2017

Greetings everyone,

I am excited to be hearing how everyone is enthusiastically awaiting this year's event.

DATES: September 29, 30 & October 1.

TRAIN: Again, we are thrilled to have the Orlando & Northwestern Railway here in Tavares. They have jumped aboard as being a huge partner and participant in RR&H. I was at the train depot this morning, and the new interior trim carpentry is awesome. RR&H will be the O&NW first event in Tavares. So be on the train that will transform into the Polar Express shortly thereafter. The Polar Express is based on the book and the Warner Bros. blockbuster movie. RR&H participants in period dress will be able to ride complimentary and take part in the re-enactment on the train.

RV & MODERN CAMPING: For those of you who bring your RVs and do modern camping, you'll be in the same area. That area has been greatly improved and is quite beautiful - with paved parking areas as well. Tavares has construction going on along Ruby Street, but most of your area is complete. You'll love it this year.

LAKE COUNTY HISTORICAL MUSEUM: As you remember, the Lake County Historical Museum held a nice event within an event last year as a sponsor of RR&H. They did a wonderful job and many visitors came to the museum. The museum will take part again this year. There are many new and enhanced exhibits at the museum since last year's RR&H. Me and my museum team went on an exhibit and display building binge, and we hope you will attend the festivities they have planned for RR&H this year. I'll send updated info soon.

BATTLE OF TAVARES SQUARE: Our battle will take place right in the heart of downtown Tavares across from City Hall in the large green Tavares Square. EXCITING!

UNION CAMP: The Union Camp will be back at the beautiful, green and shady location on the east side of Wooton Park by the train depot, with easy loading and unloading on Disston Avenue.

CIVILIAN CAMP: The Civilian re-enactors will also be back in the park in the dead center under the shade of the trees.

PARKING GARAGE: The large parking garage on Sinclair Ave, just off Main Street by the roundabout and Freedom Flag, is a FREE parking garage.

CONSTRUCTION: Remember folks, Tavares will be having some construction going on, but the construction will pause during our weekend event. City Administrator, John Drury, Economic Development Director, Bob Tweedie, and his team, along with the construction contractors, myself and our RR&H team, will be walking the area to see how we can soften the look of the construction for the event. The construction that is taking place, and you'll notice when you get here, is going to improve the beauty and mobility along Ruby Street and the Lake Dora Shore, as the new 8 acre ecological park is nearing completion and Ruby Street transforms to a ruby red brick paving.

Please pass along this to everyone. Folks, RR&H is less than a month away. Time to move into high gear. As you have done in the past, make the RR&H weekend a vacation get-away weekend. HAVE FUN PLEASE!!!

From Bobby Greiner, Tavares Councilman

Closed Thread

Tags
rr&h, tavares, construction, event, museum

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.