Rush's Illness

Closed Thread
Old 02-04-2020, 10:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,027 Times in 2,726 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALadysMom View Post
I know very little about him nor about his work but I’ve seen lung cancer take three of my dear family members. It’s a terrible way to go and I wouldn’t wish it on anyone. I wish the truth would be graphically shown to everyone about how lung cancer aggressively and progressively chokes the life out of its victims because no one would want to risk that. It would be the strongest deterrent and the ultimate stop smoking message. Lung cancer is really awful. Of the deaths I have seen, it is be far the worst.

I pray for Rush and for all who suffer and for all of their caregivers as well.
Totally agree, watched my father die of lung cancer and have a couple of friends going through it now, all smokers. Wishing the best for Rush.
Old 02-04-2020, 11:18 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,252 Times in 424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Under the cover of the key board creates some strange persona.

Anonymity provides an undeserved bravery to the otherwise meek and cowardly.
You're so right!
Old 02-04-2020, 12:45 PM

I have listened to Rush for many years and agree with the majority of his opinions. My wife has never smoked and is currently battling lung cancer the treatment plans have improved and I will pray for a recovery.
Old 02-04-2020, 01:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

I wonder how Rush would answer some of the concerns people have. He probably had the same train of thought that many of us did, that we are invincible and that smoking anything won't get us, it will get the other person. There are Youtube Videos with Rush cranking on a Gigantic C-Gar. I'll bet he wishes he had that puffing as a do over.

There but for the Grace Of God Go I. I feel sorry for him and his family. He appears to be a fighter and I don't know the odds but still wish him the best.

I've got one pal in The Villages fighting this from our Forum and my Best Friend back home who has been on experimental drugs for 3 years. He was supposed to only last 4-5 months so almost 3 - 1/2 years so far and he just told them to stop the medicine. He's sick of fighting the battle. Same as me Marlboro Man for over 40 years. How many times people pleaded with both of us to quit but NOOOOO! We had to be know it all's and still puff. Just a dopey decision. Wish we all had a Mulligan on this one. I talk to him everyday and his attitude has to have part of what has kept him going. He's living each day to the fullest.

I talk about not smoking to the Grandkids every chance I have. They never saw me Smoke.
Old 02-04-2020, 02:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,499 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

We are all mortal. Most of us think about it more than we used to. A lot more than we used to.

May all people no matter where and who they are, who are very sick and facing death, have love around them.

From Yoga philosopher; Paramahansa-Yogananda-"Some people try to be tall by cutting off the heads of others"

Last edited by graciegirl; 02-04-2020 at 02:45 PM.
Old 02-04-2020, 04:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,878 Times in 2,424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJohnson View Post
We reep what we sew!
Yep, those cigar’s have some strong holds on people. Anybody that smoke’s for life time will have lung issue.

I had several friends and family member gone because of cigarettes. They all said on their last breath if I just hadn’t of smoked. But even with they lungs burnt out and on oxygen they still puffed away.
Old 02-04-2020, 07:19 PM
TOTV Moderator

Many posts have been deleted because some members have redirected the thread into their personal conflict. The topic of the thread is Rush Limbaugh’s reported illness. If the discussion strays from that again, the thread will be closed.

Old 02-05-2020, 05:52 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Not a fan of him, and opposed to pretty much every opinion I've heard him say (or seen him tweet), and felt that he was callous and cruel in his remarks about Michael J. Fox and RBG. But I don't wish him any ill and in fact hope he is able to recover enough to enjoy the rest of his life - however long or short that may be.
I agree. His remarks over the years have been overwhelmingly racist and hateful. But he is sick, and I don't wish that on anyone.
Old 02-05-2020, 07:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,878 Times in 2,424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Swim View Post
I agree. His remarks over the years have been overwhelmingly racist and hateful. But he is sick, and I don't wish that on anyone.
Amazing, lots of people don’t listen to him, but they know what other sources says he said and repeat few words taken out of context. We believe what we want, nothing going to change that.
Old 02-05-2020, 07:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Amazing, lots of people don’t listen to him, but they know what other sources says he said and repeat few words taken out of context. We believe what we want, nothing going to change that.

I've listened to him for many, many hours...for over 20 years.

He has unequivocally led the charge with..."overwhelmingly racist and hateful comments."

I do agree though, that people only believe..."what they want."
Old 02-05-2020, 08:16 AM
TOTV Moderator

Thread closed. Impossible to stay on topic of health issue.

Closed Thread

Tags
listen, rushs, forth-coming, hope, treatments

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.