RV- class B thoughts?

Closed Thread
Old 08-18-2017, 05:55 AM
Default RV- class B thoughts?

Currently starting to research small class B motorhomes. Have ownered a B+ Phoenix Cruiser in the past. Would like something smaller. Would like imput from owners. Looking online at Roadtrek, Pleasureway & Winnebago. All seem to have pros & cons. Your thoughts &/ or were I might be able see some.
Thanks-
Old 08-18-2017, 05:56 AM
Platinum member

Pleasureway seems to be the quality builder in that group. I would stay away from cassette toilets after using one for 4 years.
Old 08-18-2017, 06:47 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,337 Times in 1,445 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo11 View Post
Currently starting to research small class B motorhomes. Have ownered a B+ Phoenix Cruiser in the past. Would like something smaller. Would like imput from owners. Looking online at Roadtrek, Pleasureway & Winnebago. All seem to have pros & cons. Your thoughts &/ or were I might be able see some.
Thanks-
I've had 5 Pleasure-ways since 2001 and never had a problem with any of them. They are not a product of an assembly line, every cabinet is measured and made for an exact fit in each of their units. If you don't live within 100 miles of a dealer they will allow you to go to any RV dealer for any warranty repairs and they pay that dealer with a credit card. I would buy no other Class B but a Pleasure-way. Stay away from Winnebago, we purchased a Class A from them 6 years ago, very pool quality control and it takes forever to get them repaired. Good luck on your search, you can call PW to find where your local dealers are located.
Old 08-18-2017, 07:04 AM

Thanks for the replies. As I started researching, I realized that a cassette toilet wouldn't work for us. I appreciate knowing the quality aspect of the pleasureways. My concern with PW is they do not come with a mascerator. Our last unit had one & we really liked it. Since that was our only experience, gravity drain seems a little cumbersome.
Any other thoughts are appreciated!
Thanks!
Old 08-18-2017, 07:42 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,337 Times in 1,445 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo11 View Post
Thanks for the replies. As I started researching, I realized that a cassette toilet wouldn't work for us. I appreciate knowing the quality aspect of the pleasureways. My concern with PW is they do not come with a mascerator. Our last unit had one & we really liked it. Since that was our only experience, gravity drain seems a little cumbersome.
Any other thoughts are appreciated!
Thanks!
I've had both, the gravity flush has nothing to go wrong with the exception of a possible valve sticking. If given a choice I would take the gravity flush, just my preference.
Old 08-18-2017, 08:42 AM
Default RV - Class B thoughts

We have an 2015 Roadtrek 190P and I love it. It is perfect and has everything that you would need - electric couch that turns into a king sized bed, microwave, stove, 3 way refrigerator, a.c., propane gas, generator, bathroom facilities, awning, and of course electric and water along with the black tank with a macerator system. Now with that in mind - it is now sitting at Camping World in Syracuse, NY for sale. My husband and I are no longer at the age that we want to drive long distances and flying seems to be our best bet getting back and forth from up north and down to the Villages. If we were younger it would be perfect for camping and traveling. Also my husband has never been the camping type so it was mainly used to travel between hotels haha.....

Last edited by Psa1000; 08-18-2017 at 08:54 AM.
Old 08-18-2017, 08:51 AM
Platinum member

We have had 5 Pleasureways and only traded to get a new one and finally found the floor plan we liked best. They had a nice owners group with 200 PWs going to Canada for three days touring the factory and get togethers. Very nice trip.

If we were to buy a class B, we would have another PW.
Old 08-18-2017, 09:27 AM
Veteran member

We owned a 23' Leisure Travel Van for many years. Very similar to the Pleasure Way and also of high quality. I'm fairly big and found the beds uncomfortable since it doubled as the bench seating. Mercedes engine, highly maneuverable, good gas mileage, 24 mpg.
Old 08-18-2017, 12:46 PM

Thanks for the responses.. Still trying to decide. Appreciate all the insight.
Keep it coming! All thoughts appreciated!
Old 08-19-2017, 06:35 AM
Location: Formerly Village of Gilchrist, now Pensacola Villas

Looks like you are getting some good responses!
Old 08-19-2017, 09:25 AM

Mamaderby-
Thanks for your help!
Keep the ideas coming!
Old 08-19-2017, 04:57 PM

Mamaderby,
Thanks for your help!
Still doing research-
Closed Thread

Tags
thoughts, class, pros, pleasureway, roadtrek

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.