Salads and wraps recall

Closed Thread
Old 08-01-2018, 02:38 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,592 Times in 1,758 Posts
Default Salads and wraps recall

Better late than never?

Salads, wraps sold at Walgreens, Kroger, Trader Joe’s recalled due to parasite concerns | Fox Business

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 08-01-2018, 05:29 PM
Sage

Trader Joe is the same family as the owner of Aldi's. I have returned 2 veggies weeks ago and they were very nice about it. Food for thought.
Old 08-01-2018, 05:48 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,592 Times in 1,758 Posts

It appears to be cyclospora contaminating the Romaine lettuce from Fresh Express. Both my daughter and I have had intestinal issues with prepared salads from Trader Joe's in the past so I rarely purchase them anymore. However I still buy the wraps, potato salad, tamales and burritos and have had no problem with them.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 08-01-2018, 06:43 PM
Sage

FDA Investigates Multistate Outbreak of Cyclospora Illnesses Likely Linked to Salads from Fast Food Chain

Read this and draw your own conclusions.

Don't get me wrong. I do want to thank manabouttown for sharing. It would be nice to have an automatic feed that notifies villagers. It's probably in place and I just don't know it like most things.
Closed Thread

Tags
recall, wraps, salads

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.