Salamida's Spiedie Sauce Now Available At Publix In TV...

Closed Thread
Old 08-02-2014, 08:13 AM
Veteran member
Location: Wilmington Ohio, bought in Hadley Village January 2009, move when we can retire

JUST got back from Hammondsport.....had to have Speidies!
Old 08-02-2014, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatandBob View Post
We are back in Binghamton now enjoying the cooler temps and last night's spiedie fest at Otsiningo.

Headed back to TV soon so must get our fill of Brozzetti's and spiedies!
7-9-7-9-9-6-0...7-9-7-9-9-6-0..Call Brozzetti's For Pizza to go! 7-9-7-9-9-6-0...The sauce..the cheese..the crispy family dough...7-9-7-9-9-6-0..15 varieties and prices so low..7-9-7-9-9-6-0..Call Brozzetti's for pizza to go!!
Old 08-02-2014, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnevie View Post
wow, having grown up in Binghamton this brings back great memories. Speidies are something people have to try to understand. They are great. I used to go to Sharkeys and bring them back to people when I lived in Massachusetts. Haven't been back to Binghamton in quite awhile, though.
I would gladly sell my soul to get back up there!
Old 08-02-2014, 12:25 PM

Reminds me of a song:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFlsXgw_SFE
Old 08-02-2014, 01:02 PM

Another song that makes me love it here.Had a diverse population there didn't it? Italians,Polish and Irish.Paddy's Pub on St.Pat's day:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llD8M9BfHPg
Old 08-02-2014, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatandBob View Post
We are back in Binghamton now enjoying the cooler temps and last night's spiedie fest at Otsiningo.

Headed back to TV soon so must get our fill of Brozzetti's and spiedies!
A bit of Brozzetti's trivia. Aldo Brozzetti who now runs his family's pizza business was a member of the group The Rockin' Rebels and helped to write their hit Wild Weekend which subsequently became the main jingle for morning man Tommy Shannon at KB Radio in Buffalo.
Old 08-03-2014, 08:36 PM

Here is a recipe that looks pretty good.
Old 08-04-2014, 01:13 PM
Default Sounds really good

Quote:
Originally Posted by NottaVillager View Post
Spiedies (pronounced speedy) originated in the small village of Endicott, NY by the old Italians who came there to work the shoe factories. Spiedies are essentially unknown outside of about a 50 mile radius from Endicott. For the uninitiated spiedies are cubes of meat that are marinated in an Italian sauce and then placed on a skewer, grilled over charcoal and then eaten by taking a slice of Italian bread and using the break like a mitt you remove the meat from the skewer and eat it.

The original Italians used to use lamb as their meat, but then over time pork became the most popular with chicken coming in as a second choice.

So who cares about this in TV? Well..Endicott, NY just happens to be the birthplace of a little company called...IBM! There are many IBM retirees in and around TV who worked at IBM-Endicott & IBM-Owego and others who happened to spend time in Endicott when working at some other IBM location who got introduced to spiedies.

There are two families in the Endicott area who make spiedie sauce. The Salamidas and the Lupos.

Sweetbay before it's buy-out from Winn-Dixie carried both choices. Once WD took over the spiedie sauce went away. Today at least the Salamida brand is now back on the shelves at Publix. Try it! You'll like it!!

And no..I don't have stock in either company!
Your description made my mouth water, and I would like to try that sauce. I looked for it at Publix @ Colony and on 466. Haven't been able to find it. Is it at a different Publix? And...is it in the store where all the jarred pasta sauces are located?

Last edited by Doro22; 08-04-2014 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Had to remove a letter.
Old 08-04-2014, 02:16 PM

In the Publix at the Corner on 441 near the hospital as well as the one just off the Spanish Springs square and the Publix in Bellevue it is located in the aisle with the BBQ sauces. It usually only has 1 or 2 positions on the shelf (compared to 4 or 5 positions for Kraft BBQ sauce) which means you have to look for it a bit. It's in a glass bottle. Not sure about the other stores because I don't shop at them, but I would assume they are in the same places.
Old 08-04-2014, 02:19 PM

Another item for the Binghamton/Endicott area people...If you grew up there and happened to like Crowley's Dairy cottage cheese..Winn-Dixie's private label cottage cheese is packed by Crowley's.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NottaVillager View Post
In the Publix at the Corner on 441 near the hospital as well as the one just off the Spanish Springs square and the Publix in Bellevue it is located in the aisle with the BBQ sauces. It usually only has 1 or 2 positions on the shelf (compared to 4 or 5 positions for Kraft BBQ sauce) which means you have to look for it a bit. It's in a glass bottle. Not sure about the other stores because I don't shop at them, but I would assume they are in the same places.
Thank you.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.