Sale of Padua Horse Farm

Closed Thread
Old 06-03-2019, 07:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Default Sale of Padua Horse Farm

Interesting article in the online newspaper regarding the sale of Padua, the beautiful horse farm on 301 that covers 768 acres - that is a whole lot of acreage. The owner of Rainey Construction has purchased this under the name Cowboys Group LLC.

The original owner relocated to Kentucky for the horse racing and the estate has been sitting on 301 looking for a buyer.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 06-03-2019, 07:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Interesting article in the online newspaper regarding the sale of Padua, the beautiful horse farm on 301 that covers 768 acres - that is a whole lot of acreage. The owner of Rainey Construction has purchased this under the name Cowboys Group LLC.

The original owner relocated to Kentucky for the horse racing and the estate has been sitting on 301 looking for a buyer.
Is this the same site that was the subject of much debate about 9/10 years ago resulting in a question on our ballot concerning betting, horse racing ,etc. ?
Old 06-03-2019, 08:05 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
Is this the same site that was the subject of much debate about 9/10 years ago resulting in a question on our ballot concerning betting, horse racing ,etc. ?
I really don't know about that. It was up for sale in 2007 for $35M and at that time the reason floating around was that they could not race their horses here and had to relocate to Kentucky. But the estate has been kept in pristine condition all this time.

The residence is magnificent, and when it was occupied the Christmas decorations drew people from miles around.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 06-03-2019, 10:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,316 Times in 870 Posts

Now the rumors can start about the Polo Club moving there and development of the existing Polo Grounds.....

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 06-03-2019, 11:36 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,592 Times in 1,758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Now the rumors can start about the Polo Club moving there and development of the existing Polo Grounds.....
That rumor has already started and is in the unmentionable news!

That farm was quite a buy for $12M. I think the buyer was the Morse family hunting buddy Rainey who got caught illegally taking elk in Montana.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 06-03-2019, 12:01 PM

Quote:

You just never know . . .

That could be a real possibility.
Old 06-03-2019, 12:06 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
I can picture it now...........another championship golf course called the Polo Fields.
(one can dream}
Steve
Old 06-03-2019, 12:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
I really don't know about that. It was up for sale in 2007 for $35M and at that time the reason floating around was that they could not race their horses here and had to relocate to Kentucky. But the estate has been kept in pristine condition all this time.

The residence is magnificent, and when it was occupied the Christmas decorations drew people from miles around.
Probably one and the same. About that time, a person who was given office space in Sumter Landing to solicit votes, as it was on the ballot in Sumter County and subsequently defeated.

It was the subject of much discussion on TOTV at the time
Old 06-03-2019, 12:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
I would think it all depends on whether the Polo Ground is paying its way, or is it costing them money to maintain. They have 40 acres in there and it would make a really nice private high income residential project. I would imagine in that location they could be looking at homes in the $1M and up.

Now this is a RUMOR, out of my very own imagination

Old 06-03-2019, 12:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,316 Times in 870 Posts

I agree with that one, if they do it......people that have horses could use the stables that are there and have multi-acre lots, which would probably be more than $1M. That would put them next to the compound so it would be an exclusive neighborhood.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 06-03-2019, 12:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

A more logical move is the entire Morse compound, I've heard it's 2700 acres right in the middle of TV, the polo fields is only 40 acres and it's a draw for some buyers. A majority of that compound is just open land and maybe a dozen houses scattered about. February 2018 they did sell 40 acres and this home for $2.6 million, it's on 466 across from Laurel Valley at Bridgeport. I heard the rumors before Fenney was started they would move on and develop that land.

The Villages Florida
Closed Thread

Tags
horse, sale, owner, padua, farm

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.