TRANSPORTATION to PORT EVERGLADES (CRUISE)

Closed Thread
Old 01-24-2015, 05:04 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to MrsPhil
Default TRANSPORTATION to PORT EVERGLADES (CRUISE)

Does anyone know of local transportation to Port Everglades (Ft. Lauderdale) for cruises? I can drive or have hubby drive but thought I'd see what was available locally.
Old 01-24-2015, 07:16 PM
Gold member
Location: Philadelphia & Lower Gwynedd, PA, Ocean City, NJ, Wesley Chapel, FL and The Village of St. James

There is a bus service which runs back and forth to the terminals in Miami and I believe Ft. Lauderdale. My neighbors just used them. I believe they have to pick up spots, one in Summerville, somewhere around the Walmart and the other at Rural King in Leesburg. I think, don't hold me to this, but the cost was $90.00 per person, round trip. PM me if you are interested and I will find out the name of the service.
Old 01-24-2015, 11:00 PM
Gold member

cruise connection 941-256-8762
Old 01-25-2015, 06:10 AM

Yankee Trails is another bus service to the ports. It's 90 dollars to Ft Lauderdale. I just got off a cruise yesterday, and I drove it. It cost 15 dollars a day to park in the port. Do the math.

Rollie
Old 01-25-2015, 07:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

We have taken Cruise Connection and we have driven. The bus is a pain because it does not leave Ft. Lauderdale until almost mid-day and it stops on the way back, and does not get into our local stop until about 6pm. Long day hanging around, and then you have to get from the parking lot at McD's to your home in TV.

Driving is a real pain, traffic in Ft. Lauderdale is miserable, but it is much, much quicker. Get off the ship early, into car, 4 - 5 hour drive home and back in the house just after lunch time.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 01-25-2015, 10:37 AM
Platinum member

We've only seen Ft Lauderdale from the airport, so I would be looking online for a hotel/motel with free parking and shuttle service. Drive in a day before the cruise, explore the town, enjoy a nice dinner the night before, and a nice breakfast on cruise-day.
Suffering from TV envy
Old 01-25-2015, 10:57 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Having done the bus a couple times, as another poster said, you end up waiting forever for the bus to get back home. Last time we took the bus, we were off the ship by 9:00 and the bus didn't arrive until 12:00....long wait.

We find it really easy to just drive to the port on the morning of the cruise. The drive on the Turnpike is easy and getting into the port is relatively painless, as well.

Parking is $15/day at the cruise terminal; right where your ship docks. After the cruise, it's a quick exit back to the turnpike and home in 4 or 5 hours.
Old 01-25-2015, 12:42 PM

We have used Park and Go for many cruises out of Ft Lauderdale.

Very convenient and parking is $ 8 per day when booked online. Pull in and they load your bags and take you to your terminal. When ship docks they load your bags, return you to your car and load bags into your car, plus give you each a small bottle of cold water. Super easy and cost effective.

Beware parking at the terminal ($ 15 per night) because the ship may dock at a different pier when returning and you now have to choose between paying for a cab or fighting the mob for a free shuttle!

Driving time from Wildwood/ turnpike exit is about 4 1/2 hrs. (280 mi.) stopping for gas (recommend Ft. Pierce exit switching to I-95).

Port Canaveral has nearby parking at Park Port Canaveral ($ 9 per day). Not quite as user friendly but still easy to find and much cheaper than terminal parking. Easy 1 1/2 hr. drive.

I had some friends who rode a bus and sat in the terminal for a long time after getting off the ship.

Bon Voyage
Old 01-25-2015, 08:30 PM

Yes, I would be interested in finding out. If it's around $90/person, that would be about the same as me driving and parking there for a week. Appreciate it!
Old 01-25-2015, 08:33 PM

Thanks! Will give them a call.
Old 01-25-2015, 08:36 PM

Thanks! Will definitely check that out - have used them for flights.
Old 01-25-2015, 08:39 PM

Yes, I am interested in this service also. Leaving for a cruise from Ft. Lauderdale on March 21st - would appreciate any information.

dbestman@comcast.net
Old 01-25-2015, 08:44 PM

Park and go is the best place to park they are always prompt and it right off the interstate, Try it you will like them. Bill
Old 01-25-2015, 11:18 PM
Gold member

Our preference is to drive to Lauderdale the day before, stay at the Rodeway Inn, restaurant attached, breakfast included, shuttle to & from the ship and our car stays at Rodeway for the week.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.