Sams Gallon Milk Carton

Closed Thread
Old 04-17-2019, 06:55 AM
Platinum member
Default Sams Gallon Milk Carton

What engineering genius created the gallon milk container for Sams Club - Member Mark brand? The top has been designed that you can’t grasp the cap with your hand to open it. I’ve hated this design since it was introduced. Yes I’ve used Channel Locks to open them before. Only seen this at Sams.
Old 04-17-2019, 07:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by F16 1UB View Post

What engineering genius created the gallon milk container for Sams Club - Member Mark brand? The top has been designed that you can’t grasp the cap with your hand to open it. I’ve hated this design since it was introduced. Yes I’ve used Channel Locks to open them before. Only seen this at Sams.
I thought I was the only one who thought this was an idiot design. I think the design is for stackability, but it really is a pain.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 04-17-2019, 08:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Sam's Club. Come on Nucky upgrade your membership, free car washes with 20 Million Members, never came out when it was supposed to on 3/1/19. Strike 1. Order on your computer and have the order ready to go and check in via text or email when you are on the way and we'll have your order ready for you. Usual wait 30 minutes, for someone to come to the door even after going inside to alert them with nobody else waiting ahead of us. Strike 2. The Bakery Items we brought to the Superbowl Party we attended were unbelievably stale yet the dates on the packages were fine. Strike 3. So we've been with Sam's a long time and decided to speak with the Manager, not much reaction or any offer made. Not really sure I wanted anything other than a show of concern. Didn't happen.

So I never thought anyone else would mention the milk container but I thank you for doing so. We couldn't agree more. It is not designed well. It really doesn't matter to me anyway because we Quit Sam's Club. A tough decision with a short period of withdrawal. We thought about everything in terms of Sam's including Gas. It is a shame but we will find a way to Survive.
Old 04-17-2019, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Sam's Club. Come on Nucky upgrade your membership, free car washes with 20 Million Members, never came out when it was supposed to on 3/1/19. Strike 1. Order on your computer and have the order ready to go and check in via text or email when you are on the way and we'll have your order ready for you. Usual wait 30 minutes, for someone to come to the door even after going inside to alert them with nobody else waiting ahead of us. Strike 2. The Bakery Items we brought to the Superbowl Party we attended were unbelievably stale yet the dates on the packages were fine. Strike 3. So we've been with Sam's a long time and decided to speak with the Manager, not much reaction or any offer made. Not really sure I wanted anything other than a show of concern. Didn't happen.

So I never thought anyone else would mention the milk container but I thank you for doing so. We couldn't agree more. It is not designed well. It really doesn't matter to me anyway because we Quit Sam's Club. A tough decision with a short period of withdrawal. We thought about everything in terms of Sam's including Gas. It is a shame but we will find a way to Survive.
Try Walmart online shopping....... what a deal.... never would have believed anything could be so easy. And we don't have to buy such large quantities. 30.00 minimum order, easy pickup and have never had a wait. Especially if you have a smart phone. Just check-in and they track you and bring it out immediately. Very courteous and no tipping allowed. Wow.... we are believers...
Old 04-17-2019, 01:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by F16 1UB View Post
Well wouldn’t you know....it only took 2 posts to get off track. Amazing!
Sorry, I'm long-winded. tomwed said one time I asked for the time and you built me a watch.

I agreed with you but to be honest I first thought anyone who could handle the car you use as an Avatar couldn't struggle with a Gallon of Sams Milk the way I did. Very nice corresponding with you. I almost dropped the milk several times and didn't have an engineer figure out why.
Old 04-17-2019, 03:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Sorry, I'm long-winded. tomwed said one time I asked for the time and you built me a watch.

I agreed with you but to be honest I first thought anyone who could handle the car you use as an Avatar couldn't struggle with a Gallon of Sams Milk the way I did. Very nice corresponding with you. I almost dropped the milk several times and didn't have an engineer figure out why.
You left out "Bless your heart!"
Old 04-18-2019, 07:20 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,110 Times in 1,342 Posts

Great start to a diet plan.
Closed Thread

Tags
sams, i’ve, open, gallon, milk

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.