Samsung dishwasher

Closed Thread
Old 11-11-2013, 05:53 PM
Default Samsung dishwasher

I replaced my 10 year old dishwasher recently with a Samsung 800 series dishwasher from Lowe's. It has an awful odor. My other, much cheaper one never had this problem. Yes, I don't run it everyday, but I never have. Samsung says it is not a "defect", so they will do nothing. Lowe's has been out and checked all the connections. Now my only thing to do is contact Lowe's and see if they will let me return it. I will never buy another Samsung product. Has anyone else had this problem with this model?
Old 11-11-2013, 06:00 PM

I generally Samsung products so we bought a Samsung Refrigerator. The refrigerator/freezer part is fine, but the icemaker in the door is awful. When you try to get ice out of it, it goes all over the floor. So, while it was still under warranty, we had the icemaker replaced. Same thing happens. I don't know why they make such an awful icemaker. Icemakers have been around many years and I have never had a bad icemaker before.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:13 PM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny46 View Post
I replaced my 10 year old dishwasher recently with a Samsung 800 series dishwasher from Lowe's. It has an awful odor. My other, much cheaper one never had this problem. Yes, I don't run it everyday, but I never have. Samsung says it is not a "defect", so they will do nothing. Lowe's has been out and checked all the connections. Now my only thing to do is contact Lowe's and see if they will let me return it. I will never buy another Samsung product. Has anyone else had this problem with this model?
Wee replaced our dishwasher this past spring and love what we decided on. I researched a lot read lots of reviews etc. I wanted an all stainless tub and very quiet and bot did I get it. Not a problem and hardly know it's running! We bought the Whirlpool Gold dishwasher not cheap but not the most expensive one out there well worth every penny! No smell, dishes sparkle and it does an awesome job all around and did I mention how quiet it is!!!!
Old 11-11-2013, 07:07 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny46 View Post
You are not the only one who has had this problem, see this webpage: (after page opens, scroll down the page a bit to find your problem twice.)
Samsung samsung DMT800RHB: questions, answers, how to, FAQs, tips, advice, answers, buying guide

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.