Sandhill cranes

Closed Thread
Old 07-16-2018, 08:27 AM
Default Sandhill cranes

Sunday while driving on our way to church on Buena Vista we saw three cranes up ahead in the road. A blue Nissan Van with damage to it's rear gate along side of us showed no attempt to slow down for the birds. I layed on the horn to him and hoping the birds would also fly off. At the very last minute one of the birds jumped up and the van stopped inches from hitting it. If I wasn't on my way to church I would of stopped and asked how stupid could this guy be to want to run these birds over. Not the first incident of poor driving here. When first arriving here I was hit by two cars even when in the breakdown lane to avoid a woman stopping dead in the road on 301 because of paper. Laid my wife up for 9 months with injuries.
Old 07-16-2018, 11:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts

If you think that's bad how about coming around curve on multiple lane road during sleet/snow/freezing rain and find car in the left lane stopped driver out scraping ice off the windshield causing multiple car crashes. Then, she gets in the car and drives off. I think I seen the same birds in roundabout at glenview. I'm surprised they survived that encounter?
Old 07-16-2018, 11:11 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMMY D View Post
Sunday while driving on our way to church on Buena Vista we saw three cranes up ahead in the road. A blue Nissan Van with damage to it's rear gate along side of us showed no attempt to slow down for the birds. I layed on the horn to him and hoping the birds would also fly off. At the very last minute one of the birds jumped up and the van stopped inches from hitting it. If I wasn't on my way to church I would of stopped and asked how stupid could this guy be to want to run these birds over. Not the first incident of poor driving here. When first arriving here I was hit by two cars even when in the breakdown lane to avoid a woman stopping dead in the road on 301 because of paper. Laid my wife up for 9 months with injuries.
Sandhill Cranes are beautiful, but not too bright.

As to your wife, I hope you called Dan Newlin. Seriously.
Closed Thread

Tags
birds, van, road, stopped, driving

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.