Satellite Dish

Closed Thread
Old 09-14-2009, 11:03 PM
Veteran member

I agree with most of the posters here that Direct TV provides a very good selection of HDTV. As a tv/blu-ray nut (3 hdtv's including a 61"), I believe that Direct TV's picture is better than Comcast's. Other may disagree and I will agree to agreeably disagree. Comcast is certainly more reliable, particularly in bad weather. This may be important to you during hurricane season.

I use Comcast for my internet connection and intend to shift my phone service from Embarq to Comcast - it costs less. The big advantages of Comcast are (1) that its bundles result in a total lower cost that Direct TV, Embarq phone service and Comcast internet connection. (2) You are not committed to a contract of 24 months with a heavy disconnection cost.

My opinion, if you are neither a video quality nut (read me) or a rabid sports fan, use Comcast. For me, Direct TV is better.

Last edited by BBQMan; 09-14-2009 at 11:06 PM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.